• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

High speed, low level view of Switzerland....

There was an alpine slide at Heritage Square just outside Denver for years. It was a blast. Flipped the sled as a teen and got some nice road rash. The tracking on ours was more of a concrete not the steel in the video.

I think they still have one in Summer in Breckenridge.

Samoa Cookhouse for the win. Love that place. Breakfast there and head up to the Smith River. God’s country for sure.
I love me some Samoa!

20191023_113244.jpg

I lived in Humboldt county for several years, when you get away from people CA can be amazingly beautiful and peaceful.
My wife born and raised in Eureka.
My uncle was Humboldt County Sheriff for two terms.
My mom still lives in Fortuna. Two of my older siblings were born there.

There was an alpine slide at Heritage Square just outside Denver for years. It was a blast. Flipped the sled as a teen and got some nice road rash. The tracking on ours was more of a concrete not the steel in the video.

I think they still have one in Summer in Breckenridge.

They have one in park city Utah.

Not exactly the same but similar and more fun is in Rotorua New Zealand.

This was a blast as well.

Did those Christmas 93.

I lived in Humboldt county for several years, when you get away from people CA can be amazingly beautiful and peaceful.
Ha.. I lived in Humboldt co. for a couple years in early 90s. Surfed Shelter cove, Big Flat and many other spots I don't recall.
No place like it. I'm sure its changed a lot since then. Spent some time on Island Mountain...

Mick and Paddy had promised their uncle Seamus, who had been a seafaring gent all his life, to bury him at sea when he died. Of course, in due time, he did pass away and the boys kept their promise.

They set off with Uncle Seamus all stitched up in a burial bag and loaded onto their rowboat.

After a while Mick says "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy?"

Without a word Paddy slips over the side, only to find himself standing in water up to his knees. "Dis'll neva do, Mick. Let's row some more".

After a bit more rowing Paddy slips over the side again, but the water is only up to his belly, so they row on.

Again Mick asks Paddy "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy?" Once again Paddy slips over the side and almost immediately says "No, dis'll neva do". The water was only up to his chest.

So on they row and row and row and finally Paddy slips over the side and disappears. Quite a bit of time goes by and poor Mick is really getting himself into a state when suddenly Paddy breaks the surface, gasping for breath. "Well is it deep enuff yet, Paddy?"

"Aye "tis" says Paddy. "Hand me da shovel

Mick and Paddy had promised their uncle Seamus, who had been a seafaring gent all his life, to bury him at sea when he died. Of course, in due time, he did pass away and the boys kept their promise.

They set off with Uncle Seamus all stitched up in a burial bag and loaded onto their rowboat.

After a while Mick says "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy?"

Without a word Paddy slips over the side, only to find himself standing in water up to his knees. "Dis'll neva do, Mick. Let's row some more".

After a bit more rowing Paddy slips over the side again, but the water is only up to his belly, so they row on.

Again Mick asks Paddy "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy?" Once again Paddy slips over the side and almost immediately says "No, dis'll neva do". The water was only up to his chest.

So on they row and row and row and finally Paddy slips over the side and disappears. Quite a bit of time goes by and poor Mick is really getting himself into a state when suddenly Paddy breaks the surface, gasping for breath. "Well is it deep enuff yet, Paddy?"

"Aye "tis" says Paddy. "Hand me da shovel

Pickin’ on the Irish now, are ya’ Bub ? :unsure::D

Seamus made his way slowly down the road to Paddy's house after work. Seamus and Paddy were best friends and worked at the Guinness Brewery. Paddy's wife Mary answered the door when Seamus knocked with a heavy hand and heavier heart.

Mary says to Seamus, "What is it Seamus? And where is my dear husband Paddy?"

Seamus says, "Mary, I am so sorry to have to tell you this, but today at the Brewery, poor Paddy done drowned in a vat of Guinness after he fell in."

Mary, now inconsolable, cries out, "oh my poor sweet husband Paddy. Please tell me he went quickly!!!"

Seamus says to Mary, "I am afraid not Mary. Truth is, he climbed out three times to go pee...."

Pickin’ on the Irish now, are ya’ Bub ? :unsure::D

Not just the Irish.....

A wealthy Arab Sheikh was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery, but prior to the surgery, they needed to store his type of blood in case the need arose. As the gentleman had a rare type of blood, it couldn't be found locally, so, the call went out.

Finally, a Scotsman was located who had a similar blood type. The Scot willingly donated his blood for the Arab.

After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman in appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW, 5 carats of diamonds, and $50,000 dollars.

A couple of days later, once again, the Arab had to go through a corrective surgery. The hospital telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate more of his blood again.

After the second surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a Thank-you card and a box of Chocolates. The Scotsman was shocked that the Arab did not reciprocate his kind gesture as he had before.

He phoned the Arab and asked him: "I thought you would be generous again, that you would give me another BMW, diamonds and money ... but you only gave me a Thank-you card and a box of Chocolates".

To this the Arab replied: "Aye Laddie, but I have Scottish blood in me veins now".

Not just the Irish.....

A wealthy Arab Sheikh was admitted to the hospital for heart surgery, but prior to the surgery, they needed to store his type of blood in case the need arose. As the gentleman had a rare type of blood, it couldn't be found locally, so, the call went out.

Finally, a Scotsman was located who had a similar blood type. The Scot willingly donated his blood for the Arab.

After the surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman in appreciation for giving his blood, a new BMW, 5 carats of diamonds, and $50,000 dollars.

A couple of days later, once again, the Arab had to go through a corrective surgery. The hospital telephoned the Scotsman who was more than happy to donate more of his blood again.

After the second surgery, the Arab sent the Scotsman a Thank-you card and a box of Chocolates. The Scotsman was shocked that the Arab did not reciprocate his kind gesture as he had before.

He phoned the Arab and asked him: "I thought you would be generous again, that you would give me another BMW, diamonds and money ... but you only gave me a Thank-you card and a box of Chocolates".

To this the Arab replied: "Aye Laddie, but I have Scottish blood in me veins now".

Ain’t that the truth ? :ROFLMAO:

Was that the original, the Christmas, European or Vegas Audrey?

It was the Barrett Jackson auction going on now at Scottsdale. They said it was an original car, but I don't recall if they really said which movie. From the way they talked I took it to be the the original Vacation. They just said Aubrey was in the passenger seat. Don't know which one, but I didn't think she looked very good.