• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I rather have poltergeists!

Well, maybe. Let me think about that a moment.

Speaking as someone who's sister lived in a haunted house, you don't want to deal with them. My brother in law and sister moved into a house and were basically chased out of that house by ghosts. They only stayed there 3 months into a 1 year lease. They lost their security deposit as well. On the day my sister waited outside for the utility company to cut off the service, a neighbor came over and explained that since the husband killed his wife and then hung himself, no one has stayed more than a few months.

I know most will not believe this story and there's nothing I can say to make you believe, but if you stayed in that house, you would believe in ghosts.

Since we are on the subject of snakes...

This is a long video to watch as they take their time catching the snakes. I worked for a carpenter as a teenager. As such, I use to have to crawl under some houses. NEVER AGAIN!

I wonder why someone hasn't tried breeding mongooses in this country to control the population of these darn things.

I've posted this video before and asked the question as well. Nevertheless, I'll do it again.

Here's the scenario: You are a top sniper in your theater of operations. You are sent on a solo mission to eliminate a high ranking field-grade enemy officer. Your mission success depends on a 48 hour stalk/crawl across open terrain with low lying vegetation and minor dried up waterways.

The 48 hour stalk is necessary as any other vehicular or airborne traffic will alert enemy combatants resulting in a high speed evacuation of the target. Stealth is of the utmost importance of your mission success. You don't want the target ever suspecting an attempt on his life.

In this scenario, ex-filtration will be accomplished by the same way you came in.

You are almost done with your stalk and ready to set up a firing position but have one more ditch to cross. This is the ditch.

So Mr. Phelps, what would you do?

And for you guys who have dreams of bringing home a hot date; I have two things to say to you:

1) Make sure you know where she has been.
2) Make sure you know what she is capable of becoming.

Very cool.... seems like those trees are very well adapted to fire!

Does the burnoff act like does on the American Prairies and western forests... clean out the old vegetation that supports lower number of animals.... to create young growth that supports larger populations? Not cheering for fires... but seems like Australia evolved... with fire.

Cheers and thanks for posting. Australia is instantly out of the news... new shiny objects. Firebugs to prosecute. So nice to see that all is not doom and gloom in the aftermath!

Sirhr
Fires are far from over, we lost a Coulson Hercules fire bomber yesterday, 3 crew, no survivors.

And I thought leeches and rattlesnakes were bad.

"This same year Vedius Pollio died, a man who in general had done nothing deserving of remembrance, as he was sprung from freedmen, belonged to the knights, and had performed no brilliant deeds; but he had become very famous for his wealth and for his cruelty, so that he has even gained a place in history.

Most of the things he did it would be wearisome to relate, but I may mention that he kept in reservoirs huge lampreys that had been trained to eat men, and he was accustomed to throw to them such of his slaves as he desired to put to death. Once, when he was entertaining Augustus, his cup-bearer broke a crystal goblet, and without regard for his guest, Pollio ordered the fellow to be thrown to the lampreys.

Hereupon the slave fell on his knees before Augustus and supplicated him, and Augustus at first tried to persuade Pollio not to commit so monstrous a deed. Then, when Pollio paid no heed to him, the emperor said, 'Bring all the rest of the drinking vessels which are of like sort or any others of value that you possess, in order that I may use them,' and when they were brought, he ordered them to be broken.

When Pollio saw this, he was vexed, of course; but since he was no longer angry over the one goblet, considering the great number of the others that were ruined, and, on the other hand, could not punish his servant for what Augustus also had done, he held his peace, though much against his will."

- Dio, Roman History (LIV.23)

In case you don't know what a lamprey is...

Watch for these business consolidations in 2020.

1.) Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W. R.Grace Co. will merge and become:
Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.

2.) Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and become:
Poly, Warner Cracker.

3.) 3M will merge with Goodyear and and become:
MMMGood.

4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become:
ZipAudiDoDa.

5. FedEx is expected to join its major competitor, UPS, and become:
FedUP.

6. Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become:
Fairwell Honeychild.

7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become:
Poupon Pants.

8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become:
Knott NOW!

9. Victoria's Secret and Smith & Wesson will merge under the new name:
Titty Titty Bang Bang

And Richard Pryor’s heirs bought a panty hose company and will sponsor a tennis tournament, calling it the “Pryor Leggs Open”

• Haha
Reactions: mardad and lash
Fires are far from over, we lost a Coulson Hercules fire bomber yesterday, 3 crew, no survivors.
Damn.... figured the rains had arrived. Must be that Schiff is more interesting to the media than fires.

What is the 'real deal' with the arrests for arson? Is it really people setting fires to carry on a 'warming' narrative? Or is the accusation apocryphal? I am interested to know. Lots of folks here saying that the fires were all set... I have my doubts. I am no fan of global warming hoax... but even I have a hard time believing that folks would be so retarded to set fires for a narrative.

You say safe!

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. So I don't get lampooned for a serious question in MPT... here, have some tits.

1579819338691.png

Very sad losing that C-130 and it’s brave crew.
Sadly 3 Americans who had come over to help fight the fires lost there lives yesterday.
Thoughts and prayers for there families.

Yeah terrible. We are thankful to the U.S for their support during our devestating fires. Our state politicians are IMHO to blame - they did not act to reduce fuel loads. Some area's where I hunt, its so full of tinder and combustible deadfall, you can't walk through it. Australian bush is unlike the rest of the world, it is HUGELY fire prone - our tree's explode during fires, not just burn. I live in Vic, and our state government reduced financial support to our fire fighters. Our left leaning media however, is blaming our PM, because he is right wing.

Very cool.... seems like those trees are very well adapted to fire!

Does the burnoff act like does on the American Prairies and western forests... clean out the old vegetation that supports lower number of animals.... to create young growth that supports larger populations? Not cheering for fires... but seems like Australia evolved... with fire.

Cheers and thanks for posting. Australia is instantly out of the news... new shiny objects. Firebugs to prosecute. So nice to see that all is not doom and gloom in the aftermath!

Sirhr

The rains are starting to flow across the country now thanks to 2 former tropical cyclones off the top end the other week.
For the last 100 or so years typically hazard reduction burns were done during winter to reduce the fuel load to prevent catastrophic summer bush fires.
But over the last 20yrs successive governments have slowly added more red and green tape to the process making it more and more harder to get your burn off permit approved, that and a large majority of local council getting stacked with green members ?
Then they wonder why we get such ferocious fire that destroy everything in their path and prove to be very hard to control or even slow down because of the extremely high level of fuel load that is nice and cured by now just itching to ignite.

Fair enough the odd fire started by lightning, but add to that the 128+ people who have now been charged with arson for starting the fires. Funnily enough a few of us guessed that those freaks in Extinction Rebellion ? would be behind some of them (means to an end to "prove" their point and shit) and turns out that a few of them are included in those charged with arson

California and many climates... near a coast are naturally prone to burn.

coastal moisture grows a lot of shrubs... high oil plants - California is a desert covered with scrub brush that needs to burn and release seeds and fertilize the soil

We use to burn every spring about 60 miles from LA

easy - call fire department - pull a permit that gives you a 90 day window

wait for nature to provide a storm. Start the burn pileafter day one.

days of rain keep the burn piles from spreading

know the EPA is involved
EPA needs to inspect what we want to burn
Then the EPA wants and exact burn date 60+ days out.

they might or might not show up to verify nothingwas added to the burn pile

as rain can’t be scheduled, we mulch or landfill all the dead trees and scrub

It’s stupid laws making CA unsafe.

military
[ mil-i-ter-ee ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR military ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
of, for, or pertaining to the army or armed forces, often as distinguished from the navy: from civilian to military life.
of, for, or pertaining to war: military preparedness.
of or relating to soldiers.
befitting, characteristic of, or noting a soldier: a military bearing.
following the life of a soldier: a military career.
SEE MOREnoun, plural mil·i·tar·ies, mil·i·tar·y.
the military,
  1. the military establishment of a nation; the armed forces.
  2. military personnel, especially commissioned officers, taken collectively: the bar, the press, and the military.

Reactions: Barneybdb
So, a couple of kids in the store noticed my buddy wearing an Army logo'd hat. They come to him and ask about if he was in the Army as they just both enlisted on the buddy plan.
My friend tells them his story (9 years in Armor), and encourages them and tells them to start doing lots of push ups and sit ups now to get a start on basic training. They tell him: "our recruiter told us that we would not have to do that because we are gamers...(puts out his hands to mimic using a xbox controller).
I about choked on my soda to keep from lol-ing. Funniest shit I heard all week.

military
[ mil-i-ter-ee ]SHOW IPA
SEE SYNONYMS FOR military ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
of, for, or pertaining to the army or armed forces, often as distinguished from the navy: from civilian to military life.
of, for, or pertaining to war: military preparedness.
of or relating to soldiers.
befitting, characteristic of, or noting a soldier: a military bearing.
following the life of a soldier: a military career.
SEE MOREnoun, plural mil·i·tar·ies, mil·i·tar·y.
the military,
  1. the military establishment of a nation; the armed forces.
  2. military personnel, especially commissioned officers, taken collectively: the bar, the press, and the military.
military
Playmil·i·tar·y
Use military in a sentence

noun
  1. The definition of military is the armed forces responsible for securing and defending a country.
    The Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard are an example of the branches in the US military.

Is Fosters really Australian beer?
Not only is Fosters not a big seller in Australia, but an even more ironic fact from the Fosters farce is that it is not even brewed in Australia, making it not really Australian at all. ...

Have posted previously that I hired a kid from AU years ago that just wanted to see southeastern US in return for enough to cover travel expenses. Had a party for him on arrival and thought we were being cool by having Foster's - he'd never heard of it. Great guy and paid him well.