• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

thumbnail_IMG_20211220_124444.jpg

I found this and wondered what the backstory was and started digging.
"An Americans Creed Vs The Americans Creed." The sign in the picture is titled wrong.

ac.jpg

I came across this:

The American's Creed (resolution)[edit]​

"The American's Creed" hung in Butler University's Jordan Hall
"The American's Creed" is the title of a resolution passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on April 3, 1918. It is a statement written in 1917 by William Tyler Page as an entry into a patriotic contest that he won.

I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
Then I found this:

Alfange is remembered for a short statement he wrote in the 1950s entitled "An American's Creed" or simply "My Creed". The creed originally appeared in This Week magazine, and a condensed version appeared in Reader's Digest in both the October 1952 and January 1954 issues.[16] The Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge gave Alfange an award for the composition in 1952.[1]

"I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon. I seek to develop whatever talents God gave me—not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any earthly master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say – 'This, with God's help, I have done.' All this is what it means to be an American."

Brother bought lightly used 85lx rag top
In some kind of ugly gray /silver paint and bland gray interior

We used to call it the “Mus-take” lol
Convertibles are not real cars anyway. He's better off. I personally will never own one. Or any moonroof/sunroof/T-Top car. They always inevitably become a shit show level problem.

Reactions: 7.62willdo
Convertibles are not real cars anyway. He's better off. I personally will never own one. Or any moonroof/sunroof/T-Top car. They always inevitably become a shit show level problem.
Funny..my personal cars have been a convertible since about 1998. Won’t have a car I can’t open up

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie112