• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Defiance Elite Action

I just put a deposit down on one. For all the features they have it is a good value (up in Canada at least).

It will be quite the departure for me as I have been using an AI AX exclusively for awhile.

does defiance machine offers the elite crf bolt face on the standard deviant action?i'm about to order a deviant hunter which would be perfect with this bolt face!

does defiance machine offers the elite crf bolt face on the standard deviant action?i'm about to order a deviant hunter which would be perfect with this bolt face!
I asked the same question and the answer is NO it’s a new designed action which is actually longer than their standard Deviant action body..

I have had mine for a couple of weeks now and am very pleased with it.

I have it in a MPA chassis and it dropped in no problem. The extended tenon piece has caused no issues that I am aware of at least.

I am currently feeding 6Br rounds out of AW mags with the HRD Gear mag kits and it is running great. I really like the manual ejector, slam the bolt back and the brass will fly across the room, nice and slow during load development just let it sit in the chamber.

It is my first Defiance action and it does have that tight feeling but it is breaking in. The bolt lift is what is unreal. They run that longer spring and it makes the open/close of the bolt very nice.

I tried to order one w a Wsm bolt face for a 6.5 Prc. I couldn’t wait a year plus for the action to come out w a Wsm bolt. Glad there is good feed back on the action!!

20180402_174135.jpg

Yes defiance comes with CRF..also they're elite is upgraded version mechanical ejector..mine is like mausingfield crf style the elite is similar to TL3

@bjay is correct. The Elite is very similar to the Bighorn TL3 - really the only differences would be the swappable bolt heads and bayonet style of the TL3.

The tenon on the Elite is huge - it also has the coned bolt nose and the fancy firing spring thingy.

Can anyone @bjay comment on how smooth the operation is (bolt lift, picking a round up,etc) compared to a standard push feed defiance deviant or compared to a tl3 or other high end actions?

Can anyone explain the purpose of the extended tenon for a chassis guy? Extended bedding surface in a stock, sure... but how is an improvement to the chassis guys?

But don't the first 6 or 7 threads carry something like 95+% of the load?

Im dont know. I mean, Ive read anecdotes about stuff like that, but never knew for certain or seen any actual math on the subject.
So maybe its only an incremental advantage, 5% of that one single aspect of all the others that comprise the complete rifle system. But trying to go from .3-.4 moa to .1-.2 moa I would want every incremental advantage I could get.