New Rifle from LaRue - the MRGG-S 6.5 Creedmoor

@bigjake83 what's your take? Adding another Larue to the collection?

No...lol

The reason I own the LT Rifles I do is because I bought them before I knew any better.

With the release of the new MRGG It does look like Larue finally pulled his head out of his ass and addressed 90% of the shortcomings his previous rifles suffered from.

I'm sure with the release of the MRGG I'll be getting calls soon enough to Unfuck something.

Here's the Larue MRGG-S on Primary Arms for $3999 and updated pics (I assume by Mark Fingar):
This is perhaps the most minuscule thing I've ever challenged, but I don't think those are MF photos. I think PA has their own guys take photos of certain guns - including the PredatARs that are on their site. MF does a much, much better job than those pictures.

I appreciate the heads up, though. Site says there are 6 left.

Reactions: jh2785
This is perhaps the most minuscule thing I've ever challenged, but I don't think those are MF photos. I think PA has their own guys take photos of certain guns - including the PredatARs that are on their site. MF does a much, much better job than those pictures.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, that actually makes sense.

These also come with two of the metal 20-round mags and the torque wrench set for this rifle. I usually have really bad sticker shock on LT's AR10's but $4k out the door actually isn't a bad price for this considering it's got that spiral fluted barrel. I hope the do some barrel dimpling one day.

I always get a laugh about the stories about how certain guns made their way around the world doing cool shit.

In 2005 I was on a little base in Kuwait doing some test firing of a bunch of M16's and M249s I just repaired and upgraded some parts on. 2 dudes from a ODA swing by the little range and break out their toys. One of these clowns had a M4 lower with a DMPS Kitty Kat 7" upper. Now if you anything about 5.56, its downright anemic out of anything less than a 10" barrel, so much so, you are really just making a bunch of noise and flash.

So these types of hearsays always remind of that day. Some guy someone is telling his friends or strangers that Special Forces in Iraq used to carry DPMS 7" uppers on hits.

You always have to take these stories with a grain of salt, that's assuming they are even true in the first place.

Are these compatible with the predatobr barrels? Saw something about a new barrel support?

No they are not, neither are the Tobr handguards.

You think Mark would actually design something new with cross compatibility, saving his previous customers money....🤣

The Steel insert SAMS or whatever the fuck its called requires a Barrel extension that is tapered, think of the new barrel extension slightly cone shaped, that wedges/locks it's self in place when you torque down the barrel nut. It's also aided by ball bearing detents, the two set screws you see on the bottom of steel Insert are actually detents.

Last edited:

You think Mark would actually design something new with cross compatibility, saving his previous customers money....🤣

The Steel insert SAMS or whatever the fuck its called requires a Barrel extension that is tapered, think of the new barrel extension slightly cone shaped, that wedges/locks it's self in place when you torque down the barrel nut. It's also aided by ball bearing detents, the two set screws you see on the bottom of steel Insert are actually detents.
Well, that's one huge check in the "Choose (or keep) the PredatOBR" column. My PtOBR has an undersized receiver compared to standard diameter, so I can take any old 7.62/6.5/260 Barrel and have it turned down by .005. But I can at least do it.

I can confirm PA took the pics

Larue makes improvements to a system and no matter what it's labeled as a negative, that is kinda wild. Only on snipers hide.

I wouldn't make something compatible if that meant compromising. The design behind the new barrel interface has multiple features that no one else is coming up with in their rifles, those features do away with many concerns and multiple fitment issues when installing the barrel.

The design behind the new barrel interface has multiple features that no one else is coming up with in their rifles, those features do away with many concerns and multiple fitment issues when installing the barrel.

The "Barrel Interface" was designed to meet one of the requirements for the MRGG program, which they ended up removing from the program so the design was made in vain, call Larue and ask for yourself.

Since you bring up how these new features are a enhancement, why don't you explain in detail how the new interface eliminates "concerns" and "fitment issues" Vs the standard Armalite design?

Geissele didn't need to reinvent the wheel nor did knights armament to win their contracts, but in the end that's always going to be Larue's Legacy ...Always the bridesmaid, never the Bride.

Reactions: Charmingmander
For anyone calling Larue, you might as well also ask why their dealer- Primary Arms- can sell this gun for $1,000 less than Larue direct

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 2.24.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-27 at 2.24.24 PM.png
    583.7 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Charmingmander
Larue makes improvements to a system and no matter what it's labeled as a negative, that is kinda wild. Only on snipers hide.
Now, now . . . people shit on KAC for their improved -but incompatible with standard ARs - Bolt/barrel extension all of the time. Even though I have an SR-15, every time I see that being pointed out, it makes me smile knowing that the KAC fanboys are going to put on their special "go-to-(keyboard)-War" skinny jeans and flat billed hats to try and take down the person who dare question the divinity of Reed Knight.

If you have ever tried to make anything for a government contract you would know what a PIA it can be. Specifications change and if you don’t look up you might not follow the most recent changes

I believe this happened to LaRue. Please forgive my crappy memory but if I recall correctly they dropped the full auto requirement and lightened up on a few other requirements part way through the process. I think LaRue jumped through all the additional hoops why some others made the changes during the process. Not a defense just my terrible memory explanation of a possible why

For anyone calling Larue, you might as well also ask why their dealer- Primary Arms- can sell this gun for $1,000 less than Larue direct
Probably because PA is not bound to sell at MSRP.

You’ll find that most merchants who offer direct sales of their products will only offer them at MSRP, so as to avoid direct competition with their retailers. This is neither new nor particularly odd…

That's interesting. So I guess you cannot just throw any 'standard' barrel in like you could on the PredatOBR.

When I called Larue they said the MRGG barrels would work on the t'OBR but not the other way around. What you described makes sense. Sucks that the barrel requires a cone-shaped adapter, but I can see how that would "seat" the barrel in the upper more concentrically than otherwise.

Reactions: bigjake83

I wouldn't make something compatible if that meant compromising. The design behind the new barrel interface has multiple features that no one else is coming up with in their rifles, those features do away with many concerns and multiple fitment issues when installing the barrel.
I agree. It's the MLDS that can fog peoples' judgment on the stuff out of Leander. If it came from, literally, anyone else ... (eg geissele, KAC, Colt, etc).... I bet we'd see different responses and reception on the Hide.

eta: and ML has needlessly contributed to this as much as those he blocks and bickers with online

I agree. It's the MLDS that can fog peoples' judgment on the stuff out of Leander. If it came from, literally, anyone else ... (eg geissele, KAC, Colt, etc).... I bet we'd see different responses and reception on the Hide.

eta: and ML has needlessly contributed to this as much as those he blocks and bickers with online

Not Me... I call them like I see it, if im evaluating your shit and its gimmicky, overpriced or outdated I'll definitely piss in your Cheerios. Look back at my SR25 Challenge thread, talk about some pussy hurt fan boys..

And after all that posturing and Page after page of shit talking, only one guy had the balls to step up to the plate and do the challenge. I even lowered the bar down to some Special Ed type standards just to get people outside, challenging themselves and their rifles.. it's all about pushing your boundaries and creeping out of your comfort zone.

To be honest.. right now JP is on the shit list the DLC coating on their bolts and BCG's have just been horrible. After one range session the DLC coating just comes right off and thier one piece gas rings are hot garbage!! I've switched all mine over to the SpringCo Gas Rings..

How'd you get a "thermal fit" tOBR receiver??

I probably wasn't very clear - for at least some period of time (maybe still?) LaRue made their receiver undersized compared to a standard AR-10 barrel extension (5 thou, IIRC, but don't hold me to that). That means, you can use any AR-10 barrel as long as you turn down the extension by 5 thou (and get the PtOBR nut, of course).

Last edited:
And this right here is a prime example why I can't stand this Dickhead...

Completely uncalled for behavior, the dude just shits on his customers without fail. Any other manufacture would have said.. "Hey sorry to hear about the delay on your $400!! Knife Order, send us a Email or give us a call and we'll get your order squared away"

Instead this is his reply to his customers...
Screenshot_20240829_071427_Instagram.jpg

And this right here is a prime example why I can't stand this Dickhead...

Completely uncalled for behavior, the dude just shits on his customers without fail. Any other manufacture would have said.. "Hey sorry to hear about the delay on your $400!! Knife Order, send us a Email or give us a call and we'll get your order squared away"

Instead this is his reply to his customers...
View attachment 8490054
This is a pretty good example. It makes it so much worse that his replies are always only 1/2 related to the substance of the question. Dude asks a question about a knife (that he thought highly enough of to pay $400) and gets a reply about the MRGG?

Mark is what happens when you add disdain for customers and stream of consciousness and a mental state that is pegged to the non-sequitur setting.

And I don't know which owner I like less.
Man, if I focused my buying based on the personality of the company owner(s), there wouldn’t be that many companies that I bought from. I just try to remember that companies exist for one reason, and it is not to innovate or advance humanity or protect your rights. Companies exist to make money for the owners/shareholders. End. Full stop.

Reactions: TheOE800
Man, if I focused my buying based on the personality of the company owner(s), there wouldn’t be that many companies that I bought from. I just try to remember that companies exist for one reason, and it is not to innovate or advance humanity or protect your rights. Companies exist to make money for the owners/shareholders. End. Full stop.
And customers can pick who they buy from. End, full stop.

Reactions: TheOE800

See, this is why reading comprehension is important. I still have three large frame LaRues (two OBRs and one PtOBR), and three small frame Larues (two PtOBRs and one OBR). That's about $18K in LaRue rifles (and I sold my Siete not long ago and had two other large frame OBRs at one point, and a 12.5" UU Kit). Does that sound like I am "focusing my buying based on the personality of the company owner"? Or, is it the exact opposite?

Similarly, I have what - 2 dozen Geissele triggers and a couple of other odds and ends from Bill? Does THAT seem like I'm "focusing my buying based on the personality of the company owner?" Or is it the exact opposite of what you said?

P.s. Ending something with "End. Full Stop." Just makes you seem like a suburban female who spends too much time on twitter (in other words, it makes you appear weak). It's equal to (but the opposite of) beginning something with the phrase "I don't know who needs to hear this, but . . . ." Do you also film yourself reacting to other people's videos from inside your car?

See, this is why reading comprehension is important. I still have three large frame LaRues (two OBRs and one PtOBR), and three small frame Larues (two PtOBRs and one OBR). That's about $18K in LaRue rifles (and I sold my Siete not long ago and had two other large frame OBRs at one point, and a 12.5" UU Kit). Does that sound like I am "focusing my buying based on the personality of the company owner"? Or, is it the exact opposite?

Similarly, I have what - 2 dozen Geissele triggers and a couple of other odds and ends from Bill? Does THAT seem like I'm "focusing my buying based on the personality of the company owner?" Or is it the exact opposite of what you said?

P.s. Ending something with "End. Full Stop." Just makes you seem like a suburban female who spends too much time on twitter (in other words, it makes you appear weak). It's equal to (but the opposite of) beginning something with the phrase "I don't know who needs to hear this, but . . . ." Do you also film yourself reacting to other people's videos from inside your car?
Yeah. Reading comprehension. I was agreeing with you. But, anyway, bye.

Now, now . . . people shit on KAC for their improved -but incompatible with standard ARs - Bolt/barrel extension all of the time. Even though I have an SR-15, every time I see that being pointed out, it makes me smile knowing that the KAC fanboys are going to put on their special "go-to-(keyboard)-War" skinny jeans and flat billed hats to try and take down the person who dare question the divinity of Reed Knight.
That's actually bullshit. While the E3 is a different pattern, you can still run a regular ar15 bolt in them on the almost zero percent chance your e3 bolt breaks.

Before you start running off , atleast educate yourself on what your talking about.

Better to be silent......

That's actually bullshit. While the E3 is a different pattern, you can still run a regular ar15 bolt in them on the almost zero percent chance your e3 bolt breaks.

Before you start running off , atleast educate yourself on what your talking about.

Thank you. I was looking that up as this popped up because I thought you could run a reg bolt in one

Ah, but see you've only exposed your own inability to read. Please tell me which other bolt works with their BARREL EXTENSION.

Feel free to apologize whenever.

ETA: I've spoken in person with Jack Leuba about this. They strongly recommend you not do it.

With that said . . . . I noticed some "spin". They say that the MRGG rifle was ". . . . submitted for use by SOCOM." Yeah. . . ok. But to my knowledge it wasn't picked up by them, so associating it with SOCOM seems a little . . . misleading.
I don't think it was misleading and I actually applaud them for trying. They submitted rifles (my understanding) to both the 6ARC bid and the 6.5 CM bid, I don't think that they won but they tried and maybe we get the benefit of their hard work.

I don't think it was misleading and I actually applaud them for trying. They submitted rifles (my understanding) to both the 6ARC bid and the 6.5 CM bid, I don't think that they won but they tried and maybe we get the benefit of their hard work.
This rifle is based on our MRGG-S (Mid-Range Gas Gun – Sniper) design, submitted for use by SOCOM.

“Equip yourself with the same quality hardware our elite warriors are fielding."
This is from their website. How are you equipping yourself with the same quality hardware if their hardware did not make the grade? Unless it is the same quality and they did not get the contract because ML didn't blow the right people?

Reactions: RedBreast21
This rifle is based on our MRGG-S (Mid-Range Gas Gun – Sniper) design, submitted for use by SOCOM.

“Equip yourself with the same quality hardware our elite warriors are fielding."
This is from their website. How are you equipping yourself with the same quality hardware if their hardware did not make the grade? Unless it is the same quality and they did not get the contract because ML didn't blow the right people?
He didn’t get the SOCOM MRGG-S contract but I think he’s still selling these to the DOD.

Reactions: Im2bent and mettee
I'll wait for more information, but...a certain original bitch boy, aka the meat riding Nanci Pelosi of AR10s seems to be wrong yet again.

There is no cone or taper between the barrel/receiver interface on the Larue MRGG.

I'll wait for more information, but...a certain original bitch boy, aka the meat riding Nanci Pelosi of AR10s seems to be wrong yet again.

There is no cone or taper between the barrel/receiver interface on the Larue MRGG.

Negative... I've already confirmed it, the Barrel Extension of these production MRGG are Tapered, why do you think the existing tOBR Barrels are non compatible?

But you had it right the first time, you should wait till you have more information!

Until then, run along back to ARF.com where you feel special.. and you and the whole five other Larue fan boys can sprinkle Dildo Dust on each other and continue your LARPing....

Love the Meat Riding Nacy Pelosi of AR10's BTW, have no idea how that works , but hey valid effort..lol

It's always a clear sign of failure and frustration when someone resorts to Keyboard commando Name Calling.... Good Job @mettee 👍, Jesus and I still love you.