Suppressors New TBAC cans for 2024

I have the Magnus RR SR on order but thinking about moving to CB and possibly Magnus-S. Mainly shoot PRS but I really wanted maximum recoil reduction AND maximum suppression. I always have earpro on even suppressed.

I’ll be shooting 6 dasher with 26” and thinking the length will be way too much.

1. CB ok for PRS?
2. S vs Full size with dasher what do we think the db will be? For 6.5cm the full size said 129db and S was 137db. Assume a couple lower?

I have the Magnus RR SR on order but thinking about moving to CB and possibly Magnus-S. Mainly shoot PRS but I really wanted maximum recoil reduction AND maximum suppression. I always have earpro on even suppressed.

I’ll be shooting 6 dasher with 26” and thinking the length will be way too much.

1. CB ok for PRS?
2. S vs Full size with dasher what do we think the db will be? For 6.5cm the full size said 129db and S was 137db. Assume a couple lower?
I have a Magnus sr on 28 inch dasher it is so pleasant to shoot but it’s too long. I would go S and probably hub or cb. The sr is nice and an extra insurance that it will not back off but I don’t know if it’s really needed plus finding extra brakes can be tough.

Reactions: its_sean

1. CB ok for PRS?

I only really shoot one day matches so take it for what it’s worth.

Last 2 years I used a Magnus on a 26 and 22” 6 creed. 26” it was too much, 22” was tolerable.

Mine is a CB. Zero issues with CB in those two barrels.

Iv got a K RR CB on order. I’m wearing at minimum plugs and depending how close I am to shooters with brakes I’m doubled up with muffs. Next year I’m hoping to use this suppressor on a 24” dasher. Will be a dedicated match suppressor.

An S RR CB is on my list for something that can go both ways and still have enough suppression that I wouldn’t mind taking it hunting.

Reactions: E. Bryant
1) I like the SR mount the most of any system I've tried and will continue to use it wherever offered. HUB w/ Rearden parts is a distant second. (Great company, good design - just isn't quite the same as those coarse threads and secondary lock).

2) IMO, something like a 24” barrel with a Dominus is getting pretty clumsy, so I really can't imagine the full-length Magnus-RR with a longer-yet barrel. If one is going to be wearing earpro anyways, I'd recommend a shorter can like the K-RR.

Reactions: its_sean
I ordered a Magnus RR from Mile High Shooting on 6/12/24. It arrived there on 10/9/24. By the time I get it in my hands it will be over 4 months. I was originally told it would probably arrive in June or July. :rolleyes:
Update: Submitted individual eform 4 on 10/9/24 and just received the approval today, 10/16/24. 7 days for approval which included a Federal holiday (Columbus Day). Perfect timing for a range trip I already have planned for this weekend.

Reactions: tanders11