Suppressors New TBAC cans for 2024

Any word on an update of these getting caught up?

Magnus k rr order just keeps getting bumped back and has been for a few months now. I understand the issues earlier but am curious how things are moving along while I try to wait patiently.

Any word on an update of these getting caught up?

Magnus k rr order just keeps getting bumped back and has been for a few months now. I understand the issues earlier but am curious how things are moving along while I try to wait patiently.

Looks like my order of a couple RR cans from early Feb just got serial numbers assigned last week.

8 day approval for Magnus RR-K HUB.

Shown with the Scope Chaps cover by @gebhardt02

PXL_20240820_222130913.jpg

PXL_20240820_222827222.MP.jpg

Out of those listed, definitely get the Magnus-S. It's a great can. It's obviously not as quiet as my full-size Magnus, but it's impressive for its size, and sound quality & tone is excellent, just like the full-size Magnus. Get the Magnus-S, you'll be happy. 👍🏼

Interesting - it's almost like the people who have been advocating cans in the 7" category were right all along.

Interesting - it's almost like the people who have been advocating cans in the 7" category were right all along.
Right about what? What point are you trying to make? I’ve had 7” cans nearly this entire time…But they’re still not as quiet as a full-size 9” can…And never will be, because internal volume is the key to suppression. My full-size Magnus is quite noticeably quieter than my Magnus-S…Especially on magnums.

I was hoping for a titanium baffle stack…. Maybe we can buy as an upgrade.

Wish I could just fill my takedown 22 with clr like the rest of my Tbac cans
Here is a link to to TBAC's instructions for cleaning the 22 Take Down & also their Centerfire cans:

Do I need to clean my suppressor? How often?

50/50 mix of Hydrogen Peroxide and 5% white vinegar will be safe for the Stainless baffles. Just be careful with the cleaning solution as it is toxic and dispose of it in a safe manner (hazardous waste facility).

Reactions: NiteQwill
Interesting. My experience is can chaps slip forward if you can’t get the shock cord around the back of the can.
I haven’t had that issue with my other can but will find out and let you know. The owner was saying he uses this can on 300prc with no slippage. I did have a cover slip on my r30 can that I was borrowing from my nomad can. I think the reason it slipped was in a rush and didn’t cinch the straps down as tight as normally do. Even with it slipped forward over the open ports on Kgm r30 nothing happens to the can chaps not sure how many shots I had the cover over the holes but the only thing it did was put some carbon material on the cover. So they’re made really well I know some covers will start to shred apart if that happens.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Definitely need to do a review comparing these two.

Just got conformation my can chaps shipping for my Magnus SR. I didn’t love the look of the locking ring on the tbac but with can chaps it looks great. Hoping you do a review between the two cans as well.
Yup, plan is to shoot the Without Warning CHAD, Magnus RR-K, and Maverick all next weekend. I'll post my thought about them afterwards. :giggle:

As was mentioned already, TBAC 22TD baffles are 17-4 stainless and are safe for CLR.
I am a big TBAC fan, I own two of them myself. But their website states...

NOTE ON STAINLESS STEEL:

Please note that the 22 TAKE DOWN should not be cleaned using CLR because its baffles are stainl.ess

I choose my 22 can based on the ability to use CLR to clean it without damage, and to be honest, most rimfire cans are going to work well on a 16" 22 long rifle. TBAC and Dead Air have proven to be great cans and I know that you are partial to them, but there are also great options available from other companies, too.

I am a big TBAC fan, I own two of them myself. But their website states...

NOTE ON STAINLESS STEEL:

Please note that the 22 TAKE DOWN should not be cleaned using CLR because its baffles are stainl.ess

I choose my 22 can based on the ability to use CLR to clean it without damage, and to be honest, most rimfire cans are going to work well on a 16" 22 long rifle. TBAC and Dead Air have proven to be great cans and I know that you are partial to them, but there are also great options available from other companies, too.
It’s not about brand preference of the cans, it’s about spreading factual information.

@Zak Smith Will using CLR Pro hurt the 17-4 stainless baffles of the 22TD? I don’t use it on the tube, but just the baffles removed and soaking in a glass jar for about 30 minutes, then remove, clean, neutralize/rinse with water.

IMG_0497.jpeg

Does CLR even clean lead anyway? I use "the dip" on my rimfire cans because it'll clean lead, carbon, etc with a simple soak. For centerfire stuff CLR is hard to beat but in that case I'm cleaning carbon, not lead.

Just got my can chap in for the Magnus SR you can still turn the collar to unlock suppressor. Going to the range Monday will let you know if it slips at all.
To be fair I got slippage on my magnum, so maybe if it’s TOIGHT TOIGHT you’ll be fine but I cranked on mine.