New Zealand’s Lesbian Navy Captain Loses $100M Naval Ship in Peacetime Disaster – Ship Runs Aground, Catches Fire, and Sinks, Unleashing Oil Spill.

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

gzl9pmwwsaawrxh.jpeg
New Zealand Navy ship caught fire and sank in the Pacific Ocean
New Zealand’s navy has suffered its first peacetime ship loss since World War II when the $100 million multi-role support vessel HMNZS Manawanui ran aground off the southern coast of Upolu Island, Samoa, caught fire and eventually sank—triggering an environmental disaster in the process.
With all 75 passengers and crew evacuated, the vessel’s loss brings fresh scrutiny to the leadership under its openly lesbian commanding officer, Commander Yvonne Gray.
The Manawanui, originally built in Norway and repurposed for New Zealand’s Royal Navy with a substantial $103 million investment, was conducting a seabed survey mission when it hit a reef, according to maritime news outlet gCaptain.

Another consequence of DEI hiring initiatives?
NZ Navy’s HMNZS Manawanui has run aground off the coast of Samoa during a reef survey. All 75 crew and passengers safely evacuated, but the vessel caught fire and has sunk. Rescue operations were conducted by Samoan emergency… pic.twitter.com/TqyOJACZWv
— The Based Dude (@thebaseddude) October 5, 2024

Onboard were not only sailors but also civilian scientists and foreign personnel.
During a high-stakes nighttime evacuation, the crew was forced to abandon ship under perilous conditions, with life rafts tossed in violent seas and some occupants scrambling to reach shore through rough waters.
Three crew members required medical attention, with one for a dislocated shoulder and another for a back injury.

New Zealand’s navy has suffered its first peacetime ship loss since World War II when the $100 million multi-role support vessel HMNZS Manawanui ran aground off the southern coast of Upolu Island, Samoa, caught fire and eventually sank—triggering an environmental disaster in the process.
Does Manawanui translate to "Swamp Castle"?

You are just being mean , don't you know they need to gain experience doing their way 😅 , sinking ships

''I interviewed a female veteran who served as an officer on ships about this incident, and she shared an intriguing perspective I’ve never heard before.
She said that it took men centuries and thousands of shipwrecks to master commanding ships without major incidents, and we should expect some losses as women, who think differently, learn the ropes and gain that experience too doing it their way.😅

She said losses are to be expected and they are ok especially if there’s no loss of life.

She said we shouldn’t try to investigate this from a male perspective but learn lessons from a female perspective.I didn’t include this in the article because I couldn’t figure out how to present it without sparking a DEI firestorm, but it’s a thought-provoking take nonetheless.

Couple of years ago a Norwegians played chicken with a tanker and lost , tanker needed less than a bucket of paint , warship was ultimately scraped as repair bill was estimated at 1+billion $
They were trying to reenact this

Sound recordings and radar logs have revealed crude, almost incomprehensible, human errors made by the crew. According to experienced naval officers, the mistakes make the crew look amateurs. This, too, seems to have supported the claim of sceptics who have wondered about the role of women in armed forces.

In 2016, Norway introduced conscription for women. The Navy received the highest number of women after conscription duties were introduced.

The Norwegian publication Armed Forces had in an article heaped praises on the KNM Helge Ingstad crew in which four out of five navigators were women. “It is advantageous to have many women on board. It will be a natural thing and a completely different environment, which I look at as positive,” Lieutenant Iselin Emilie Jakobsen Ophus, a navigation officer at the warship, had said.

The uninsured frigate has cost the Norwegian Navy its entire annual budget, but the country also lost millions of dollars with several oil and gas fields being temporarily shut down due to the accident.

Last edited:
Going down…. Turns out it’s not quite what you expected, ey Captain!

Maybe it was like the Exxon Valdez! You know… there was likker involved…

Did she hit a dike?

Is that ship name really pronounced “Man I want a UTI?”. Because that is ironic!!

Sirhr

Last edited:
You are just being mean , don't you know they need to gain experience doing their way 😅 , sinking ships

''I interviewed a female veteran who served as an officer on ships about this incident, and she shared an intriguing perspective I’ve never heard before.
She said that it took men centuries and thousands of shipwrecks to master commanding ships without major incidents, and we should expect some losses as women, who think differently, learn the ropes and gain that experience too doing it their way.😅

She said losses are to be expected and they are ok especially if there’s no loss of life.

She said we shouldn’t try to investigate this from a male perspective but learn lessons from a female perspective.I didn’t include this in the article because I couldn’t figure out how to present it without sparking a DEI firestorm, but it’s a thought-provoking take nonetheless.

Couple of years ago a Norwegians played chicken with a tanker and lost , tanker needed less than a bucket of paint , warship was ultimately scraped as repair bill was estimated at 1+billion $

Sound recordings and radar logs have revealed crude, almost incomprehensible, human errors made by the crew. According to experienced naval officers, the mistakes make the crew look amateurs. This, too, seems to have supported the claim of sceptics who have wondered about the role of women in armed forces.

In 2016, Norway introduced conscription for women. The Navy received the highest number of women after conscription duties were introduced.

The Norwegian publication Armed Forces had in an article heaped praises on the KNM Helge Ingstad crew in which four out of five navigators were women. “It is advantageous to have many women on board. It will be a natural thing and a completely different environment, which I look at as positive,” Lieutenant Iselin Emilie Jakobsen Ophus, a navigation officer at the warship, had said.

The uninsured frigate has cost the Norwegian Navy its entire annual budget, but the country also lost millions of dollars with several oil and gas fields being temporarily shut down due to the accident.

But wait: (1) the argument for women as pilots and line captains is that they can preform these jobs as well as a man could. So if they can't do the job as well as a man..... (2) the astounding level of incompetence likely has more to do with her perversion than her gender. (3) the fault actually lies with those who've helped cover up this captain's previous incompetence allowing her to accend beyond her ability.

(1) the argument for women as pilots and line captains is that they can preform these jobs as well as a man could. So if they can't do the job as well as a man.....
To be fair... Two US sub captains have ran their subs into known, charted underwater mountains. Another US captain ran his ship directly into a cargo ship moving on a slow and steady course. There are plenty of morons with lack of execution and training. They even failed the retraining exercises but were sent back out to sea anyway.

That she is a lesbian doesn't necessarily mean she cannot do the job its whether she was given the job because she is a lesbian over her qualifications . Lets see what the accident review comes out with .....pretty good job of abandoning ship with no loss of life at night /rough seas imho they even had civilians on-board
All right 2024 member. Why are you here.

Went through 5 pages of your posts. 3 were somewhat gun related. None precision firearm related.

All right 2024 member. Why are you here.

Went through 5 pages of your posts. 3 were somewhat gun related. None precision firearm related.

They are ordered to find forums like this and spread their leftist shit. If you insist he/she/it will post a picture of the 1950s Ithaca pump shotgun with a Cutts comp he inherited from his grandpa.

He can also post a pic of the Glock, or whatever they call that hand thingy you shoot when turd burglars break into it's bungholeo.................you know, small apartment.

The author has no idea what a bridge watch is. Navigators aren't ship handlers. It's the officer of the deck, the conning officer, and the bright bridge who are responsible for avoiding shipping collision. The navigators WOULD have been partially responsible for running the NZ ship aground. Running aground is an instant relief of command and a career ender in the USN. Inside the 100 fathom curve the bridge watch ought to be at full sea and anchor navigating using sight reductions. They probably weren't, and were probably only relying on GPS.

Navigating through shoal water always gives me the heeby geebys to this day. It's the one-fucking-unforgivable thing to run aground. I likes me some deep blue water.

That she is a lesbian doesn't necessarily mean she cannot do the job its whether she was given the job because she is a lesbian over her qualifications . Lets see what the accident review comes out with .....pretty good job of abandoning ship with no loss of life at night /rough seas imho they even had civilians on-board
Was promoted based upon being a lesbian. She was looking for mermaids

It seems to me, there is only one clip missing from this situation. The one about the US Naval flotilla, having a stand-off regarding Right-Of-Way and the assertion of strength and refusal to change-course.

With a lighthouse.

Always a hilarious skit.

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
🖕

• Haha
Reactions: sloporsche
This is the result of DEI and affirmitive action crammed down our throats. The conclusion will always be that the job was gotten by means other than overall merit and that will be amplified when mistakes are made. Right or wrong. Truth remains that race minories and social minorites get jobs over equally and often more qualified candidates for nothing but minority status.

This is the result of DEI and affirmitive action crammed down our throats. The conclusion will always be that the job was gotten by means other than overall merit and that will be amplified when mistakes are made. Right or wrong. Truth remains that race minories and social minorites get jobs over equally and often more qualified candidates for nothing but minority status.
hopefully the trend will be reversed by trump