• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Nucleus owners/holders: mausingfield comparison and CRF issues

That's perfect. Thank you.

By MS Paint inspection it looks like the bolt handle is in the same place (makes sense to fit inlets), and if anything I'll just have to file away some ejection port material. 20 minutes and some spray paint. The Nucleus looks better and better...

Here's my take. Lefty Nucleus, Tubb T7T trigger, KRG Whiskey 3, ARC mags, K&P barrel I chambered in 260rem. No matter how slow I push the bolt forward it pops the round up into the bolt CRF, it just works at all speeds. Feels like butter, zero issues with misfires, none. And it was 40 degrees and windy this morning. Shots 7-11 on the new barrel shot 1/4 moa group, no load testing. I took the load from my 260 TRG and loaded with new components. I really like this rifle, especially since it's a lefty. It's like a TRG without shitty Beretta to deal with for parts. Also, that ckye-pod is money.

Oh yeah, lapua brass and FGGM large rifle primers.

IMG_4414.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my take. Lefty Nucleus, Tubb T7T trigger, KRG Whiskey 3, ARC mags, K&P barrel I chambered in 260rem. No matter how slow I push the bolt forward it pops the round up into the bolt CRF, it just works at all speeds.

I feel like the ARC mags are the key here. They've got much shorter feed lips than standard AICS magazines, which helps the rounds pop straight up into the CRF instead of pushing forwards off the shoulder of the round below them.

I did testing and found that I can run straight BR in an ARC mag without using a spacer kit. The lips are short enough that it just pops up and into the CRF (though a bit of bolt velocity helps prevent a potential nose dive).

I feel like the ARC mags are the key here. They've got much shorter feed lips than standard AICS magazines, which helps the rounds pop straight up into the CRF instead of pushing forwards off the shoulder of the round below them.

I did testing and found that I can run straight BR in an ARC mag without using a spacer kit. The lips are short enough that it just pops up and into the CRF (though a bit of bolt velocity helps prevent a potential nose dive).

Agreed 100%. My reamer is a bit different from an actual 260 Rem hence it's called the 260Fravert.. neck dimensions and throat length basically. Anyhow, I have tons of freebore room in a TRG mag with my reamer and 140 Berger hybrids. Same reamer on the ARC mags is just about the same ammount of freebore to the end of the mag. Regardless the ARC mags are equal nice to SAKO MAGS - 10% lol. Remember the cost between the two, $180 vs $70 ARC mag. Either way the nucleus with arc mags is a ticket to win, imagine that. Ted knows his shit.

Necro post, but I wanted to say super helpful thread, thanks for asking the questions and the answers. New Nucleus owner here (haven't gotten to the range yet), but I was experiencing the same "issues" with CRF as I was slowly fiddle fucking with the bolt.

After I set it up and ran it like I normally would, CRF was working perfectly with Magpul and Accurate mags (by perfect, I mean it would catch the bullet under the extractor way before I would close the bolt).

Will be getting some ARC mags later today to test with as well.

Necro post, but I wanted to say super helpful thread, thanks for asking the questions and the answers. New Nucleus owner here (haven't gotten to the range yet), but I was experiencing the same "issues" with CRF as I was slowly fiddle fucking with the bolt.

After I set it up and ran it like I normally would, CRF was working perfectly with Magpul and Accurate mags (by perfect, I mean it would catch the bullet under the extractor way before I would close the bolt).

Will be getting some ARC mags later today to test with as well.

Yea,,,,on my nuke if you run the bolt normally CRF works with 308 and magnum bolt head.

Got my 1st CRF rifle when I was 18.
On the 1st day, I worked out in about 5 minutes that, when you worked the bolt slowly it wouldn't CRF but, when pushed a little faster, it would CRF every time. Right then I could see that there was physical timing stuff happening &, why would anyone want to work the bolt very slowly anyway?
There's an old saying which rings true that we all would do well to adhere to; Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Regards............Barelstroker

Here's my take. Lefty Nucleus, Tubb T7T trigger, KRG Whiskey 3, ARC mags, K&P barrel I chambered in 260rem. No matter how slow I push the bolt forward it pops the round up into the bolt CRF, it just works at all speeds. Feels like butter, zero issues with misfires, none. And it was 40 degrees and windy this morning. Shots 7-11 on the new barrel shot 1/4 moa group, no load testing. I took the load from my 260 TRG and loaded with new components. I really like this rifle, especially since it's a lefty. It's like a TRG without shitty Beretta to deal with for parts. Also, that ckye-pod is money.

Oh yeah, lapua brass and FGGM large rifle primers.

View attachment 6955289

Follow up from a year of shooting my rifle. Not a single fail to feed. I really have grown to like this thing.