• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ORIGIN Orders

I had talked to Robbie in the office at Big Horn yesterday to get another copy of my invoice because I could not find the original email and emailed them today asking if I could pay now, I was advised to wait until I got the email stating my action was ready, but was not given even the smallest hint of a timeline on that. I had my FFL send everything over already just to make it a nice and easy transaction once my action is ready for shipping however.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
Nice man hopefully you get yours sooner rather than later. Post up some pictures when you get yours. Unfortunately I live in California, so even when mine shows up, I have to wait another 10 days to pick it up.

Me too. But at least I'll be able to see it in person before it goes into it's "safe space" for ten days.

Definitely anxious to get my hands on it, from the looks of it I'll be waiting for my bbl from PVA and my Magpul chassis even after the action arrives.

Reactions: m6z and kriller134
Me too. But at least I'll be able to see it in person before it goes into it's "safe space" for ten days.

Definitely anxious to get my hands on it, from the looks of it I'll be waiting for my bbl from PVA and my Magpul chassis even after the action arrives.

Haha dude I'm also waiting for my barrel from PVA! I think misery loves company haha.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
while I am close as everybody else, and just as antsy.....does anybody know if a bighorn takes a unique bore guide? I am thinking that the mechanical ejector could cause a issue with a standard r700 type guide.

thanks
Idahoorion

I actually thought they'd hit their 8/15 ship date.

Maybe next week. I'm in no rush though.

It would seem they sold a good number of Origin actioms, but was it 100 or 1000? And how many long actions would they have to sell to make that a viable option?

43213164185_56597d34c4_z.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet today? Curious if the actions are built and the shipping and ffl is the bottle neck? Or if manufacturing and assembly is behind?
I figured its the shipping process that is slowing things down a bit. Contacting the customer for finale payment and then waiting for a response and maybe the amount they are able to process a day can limit the amount shipped.

So to hopefully ease some of the completely understandable anxiety, I figured we could provide an update. We did start shipping last week. We had a relatively small batch ready to go on Wednesday so we got those customers their shipment pending infomation. Almost everyone out of that small batch has paid and their orders have shipped. The next two batches were processed out within 3 days of each other and the facility we use to nitride had production time to process both batches together. Those two batches (much larger than the first) are shipping today and will be here no later than Thursday. We have bolts assembled and ready to go for a good chunk of those actions. We sent another batch to nitride last week so they should be back just as we get the two batches on their way back assembled. From there, we will be shipping actions daily. Hang in there for another couple days and you'll start seeing a LOT more actions.

Thanks for all of your patience and understanding.

Ray

So to hopefully ease some of the completely understandable anxiety, I figured we could provide an update. We did start shipping last week. We had a relatively small batch ready to go on Wednesday so we got those customers their shipment pending infomation. Almost everyone out of that small batch has paid and their orders have shipped. The next two batches were processed out within 3 days of each other and the facility we use to nitride had production time to process both batches together. Those two batches (much larger than the first) are shipping today and will be here no later than Thursday. We have bolts assembled and ready to go for a good chunk of those actions. We sent another batch to nitride last week so they should be back just as we get the two batches on their way back assembled. From there, we will be shipping actions daily. Hang in there for another couple days and you'll start seeing a LOT more actions.

Thanks for all of your patience and understanding.

Ray
Are lefty actions their own batch or are they mixed in together with everything else?

I have been out of town since Monday, and was able to pick up my Origin this morning and all I can say is that this thing is better looking in person. I can't wait to get it built up and shoot. Thanks Bighorn/ZAI team for a nicely built action!View attachment 6935207 I also like the serial number for sure!
Is this the standard bolt and knob color? I like it way better than the gray TL3 bolt

I have been out of town since Monday, and was able to pick up my Origin this morning and all I can say is that this thing is better looking in person. I can't wait to get it built up and shoot. Thanks Bighorn/ZAI team for a nicely built action!View attachment 6935207 I also like the serial number for sure!

Are those the trigger pins and extra base screws?

Yes those are the trigger pins and base screws.

I've been playing with my Origin quite a bit (waiting on dies to actually fire it) and it feels exactly the same as my TL3's. I just don't see how anyone could feel disappointed with these actions at the price point, even more than the price point. I don't think you are giving up anything with a pinned recoil lug.

20180819_174114.jpg

Reactions: Nouseforaname01
Mine arrived at my FFL yesterday and just got to filling out the paperwork this morning. Got to play with it a bit at the shop and I'm super impressed and have zero complaints. Now it gets to spend two weeks in jail.

Reactions: Midpack