• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ORIGIN Orders

Do actions come with action screws? Thanks
They come with trigger pins, and 3 screws in a little bag. Recoil lug and pin in bag. 1 screw in the rail holding the rail on. The two pins are preinstalled in the rail so when you take the rail off to install and headspace action you’ll have to knock it off with the wood end of a hammer. Nice and tight fit. I decided to try the nucleus so this origin is my dads build. Arc rings criterion heavy sporter 6.5 creed barrel. Grayboe terrain stock. Mesa precision bottom metal. Rugged suppressor. All cerakoted graphite black to match the action. Looks sweet

I got my two from FFL today. I have some Assembly questions:

Where is the rail pinned? I unscrewed the one screw that was in from ZAI and the rail was still TIGHT to the action. I just don't see the pins.

I am going to use a drop of blue loc tite on the rail screws. Good idea, right?

I am using shouldered barrels from PVA (when they arrive). I do not have to remove the rail, right?

The round recoil lug pin will "Squeeze" into the square notch upon tightening the barrel down?

I am actually pretty mechanically inclined however, this IS my first CUSTOM so i don't want to mess anything up with my wicked set of tools...

Thanks in advance for any tips.

I'd clean, degrease, loctite and torque to spec. But only if using a rear entry action wrench.

If using a traditional type wrench, I'd not loctite.

The rail is pinned tight and requires a bit of english to remove. I pull up on the rear first and then the front.

Pin on the recoil lug should be a tight fit in the slot, but nothing that needs squeezed in.

I'd clean, degrease, loctite and torque to spec. But only if using a rear entry action wrench.

If using a traditional type wrench, I'd not loctite.

The rail is pinned tight and requires a bit of english to remove. I pull up on the rear first and then the front.

Pin on the recoil lug should be a tight fit in the slot, but nothing that needs squeezed in.
Do you know the torque specs for the rail screws?

Just waiting on a scope mount and TBAC brake and I can finally shoot this. Awesome action!

Attachments

• IMG_20180902_083507.jpg
    IMG_20180902_083507.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20180902_101121.jpg
    IMG_20180902_101121.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 159
Don't mean to hijack thread but have been very interested in 6mmbr for prs use. Can you guys point me in the direction of some threads on 6mmbr. Ether about the advantages/disadvantages, reloading for it. what is needed to for to function in mag fed actions. You know things of that nature.

Nice I used criterion on my remage and love it. decided to try hawk hill this time

I figured I would start with a basic prefit to start, the barrel doesn't last long anyways. I might try a hawk hill or PVA next time. The criterion was basically on the shelf, just had to have the muzzle threaded, so that was a huge plus! I know the CBI will out shoot my abilities for sure!

Since the dimensions and bolt are the same as the tl3, it should function exactly like a tl3 would. The tl3s work flawlessly with 6br 22br 6 dashers.
I assumed that it would work just like a TL3. But I thought maybe someone would have some real world experience. If not I might have to just try one myself.

Got my action late last week, now kicking myself for forgetting to order a barrel nut.

The TL3 integral recoil lug is a nice upgrade from the Origin, but beyond that, I'm not sure if the Origin won't eat some sales from the TL3. Same quality, same bolt, same pinned rail - excellent stuff.

I got my two from FFL today. I have some Assembly questions:

Where is the rail pinned? I unscrewed the one screw that was in from ZAI and the rail was still TIGHT to the action. I just don't see the pins.

I am going to use a drop of blue loc tite on the rail screws. Good idea, right?

I am using shouldered barrels from PVA (when they arrive). I do not have to remove the rail, right?

The round recoil lug pin will "Squeeze" into the square notch upon tightening the barrel down?

I am actually pretty mechanically inclined however, this IS my first CUSTOM so i don't want to mess anything up with my wicked set of tools...

Thanks in advance for any tips.
The rail pins are underneath the rail. They are intended to be tight. Mostly because it's not a very common occurrence to remove the rail. We understand some people use a different style action wrench that wraps the outside of the action. That's why it's removable. If you use a rear entry wrench (available on our website), you shouldn't ever find a situation where you need to remove the rail to install a barrel. The pin will be tight to the notch in the action, again, that's intentional.

Thank you - Ray

We ran out of left hand actions to assemble right away. There were a lot of lefties ordered in the very early stages which threw us for a bit of a loop. We received another double batch of actions late last week and we're back at it assembling today. We got the front end of our large batch of lefties in that batch, but it's not enough to get all of them out that we have on hold. There's a single batch due back next week that is all lefties so we will get all that we have on order completed and out the door.

There isn't anything else holding us back right now. We have everything on hand to complete all of the orders placed thus far and then some except the receivers themselves. We're still cranking them out of the machines as fast as we can while maintaining quality control and our own sanity.

If you have a lefty on order or it's part of your order, we're sorry, but it'll be just a bit longer. We're going hard right now and will have them all out soon enough.

Thank you - Ray.

My usually reliable FFL has been the fly in the ointment. I’ve asked them to email their ffl every day for a week. I stopped in yesterday and hand wrote the email to send it to and hoping it happened. Emailed Robbie but I think she’s a bit frustrated with me at this point.

Got mine in today. Hoping it will loosen up some. Noticeably heavier bolt cocking than my tenacity. But has gotten a little better while just playing with it. So have high hopes.

With the trigger in? I find this odd because the TL3 has one of the better cock on open bolt lifts i've felt to date.