• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Past Present and Future Customers for Botach Tact.

Re: Past Present and Future Customers for Botach Tact.

Well I can say I tried 3 diffrent order and yes everyone said in stock but then
After I had to email and check on order it was backordered 4 weeks on 2 of the 3 orders and then 1 that had advertised flip up scope covers with aimpoint comp4 and after the wait it delivered with bikini covers.Then after I had to make the call to Botach they did give me a credit for value of covers? I have to admit I tried but I don't. Like to work that hard to just buy something that should be easy.
Shane

Well I can say I tried 3 diffrent order and yes everyone said in stock but then
After I had to email and check on order it was backordered 4 weeks on 2 of the 3 orders and then 1 that had advertised flip up scope covers with aimpoint comp4 and after the wait it delivered with bikini covers.Then after I had to make the call to Botach they did give me a credit for value of covers? I have to admit I tried but I don't. Like to work that hard to just buy something that should be easy.
Shane

In 2010, It took five months and several calls before receiving a set of GG&G sights that I had already been charged for. I did finally speak with a helpful person but it took them two weeks and my continuing to follow up before the order was filled.

Since almost every complaint I've heard about botach stems from them not having things in stock and customers waiting months for things to arrive I'd say the #1 thing Botach can do to improve their reputation is to install an ACCURATE real time stock status indicator.

I would say the #1 thing is be honest, not fed a answer a customer wants to hear. seems to many people have been BOTACHED to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since almost every complaint I've heard about botach stems from them not having things in stock and customers waiting months for things to arrive I'd say the #1 thing Botach can do to improve their reputation is to install an ACCURATE real time stock status indicator.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. I ordered few things from Botach last week. We will see how they do. So far I have heard nothing. </div></div>
cough, cough.. dumbass... cough...

My appologies to Botach. In fact, they did send me a shipping notice last week. Somehow I had missed it in my mailbox. Just checked the tracking. Should be delivered tomorrow.

Glad to hear that, as they do have good prices. But will have to wait on a few, many, more good comments before trying them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posting here as you are is pretty much a waste of time. If you haven't noticed <span style="font-style: italic">we</span> are big into precision around here. </div></div>

I lurked here for quite a while before posting. I haven't considered myself as part of the collective "we" just yet, and probably won't until I've had some more time and posts under my belt. Just a thought...

As for this Botach guy - why hassle him? He offered help. Don't want it? Great, don't take it. If you did need help, it sounds like you can at least contact him to get it. Companies can change, but even at that, there will be no way to appease 100% of the people. It's impossible.

Just follow these guidelines:
Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me.

If they don't work for you, no problem. Move on to someone who does. No sense beating up this guy for offering to help.

For what it is worth, my order was delivered yesterday, as expected, and it contained exactly what I ordered.

sample size of one...take it for what it is worth.

On 8 July 2010 I won two auctions on Gunbroker. The first for 200 Rds. of Hornady .223 Rem. 75gr Tap Precision - This I received in a timely manner.
The second for 500 Rds. of Hornady .223 Rem 75 gr BTHP Training - This order I have not as yet received.
Both were won from Botach Tact. and both were supposed to be in stock.
I have written several emails and made several phone calls.
What bugs me is that my credit card was charged for both items at the same time. So I am out the money for the second auction item.
I few weeks after the auction I made a call to Ammo to Go and had the training ammo from them in 3 days.
I sent an email to Mike this morning. I'll let everyone here know what happens. All I want is the ammo I paid for.
SShaplin

5 weeks ago i ordered 4 glock magazines
4 weeks ago 1 magazine showed up
4 weeks ago i sent a wtf email and a contact me request
2 weeks ago i recieved a i dont understand the question response
3 emails later they still are confused i still only have 1 magazine and my card was charged for 4 magazines mike if you want to fix things refund all of my money and i am keeping the 1 magazine and calling it asshole tax better yet where can i sent botach a bill for wasting my time

Day 2 of my present attempt to obtain the ammo that I won and paid for on Gunbroker.com.
Yesterday I received a phone call from a Mark at Botch Defense, It seems there is a Botach Tactical and a Botach Defense. It also appears that both are owned by the same individual.
I was given a tracking number and told that my ammo was sitting at the local Fed Ex facility for the last 8 months. One problem, I picked up the first 200 rounds at that facilty. Although the box had two seperate tracking numbers on it there was only one box that was marked 1 of 1.
I called Mike about this and he said he works for Botach Tactical and not Botach Defense. So he can't help me. He said he would forward the information to Maor Alkobi. Mike doesn't work for Botach Defense but he knows Botach Defense's owner?
I sent Mark with Botach Defense an email that was sent to me after the first shipment of 200 rounds was picked up saying from a Dan that my 500 round were a few weeks out. Although I filed complaints with Gunbroker, they did nothing for me.
Two or so months after my win I found that Botch Defense was still selling this ammo under another name. I called them on this and they immediately took the listing down because they did not have this ammo. Again, no luck at getting the ammo I paid for.
Although I am pursing them again because I saw this thread and have hope once again. I really don't exspect to get the $185.00 of ammo that I paid for over 8 months ago.
Let the buyer be ware!
If things should turn around I'll let you all know.
SShaplin

Too little too late in my opinion. Took me months just to get a refund for bogus in stock claims. My advice don't talk about it be about it. I don't know if it is possible to bounce back from so many years of bad reviews. Low prices are everywhere on the Internet so why would anyone bother with a hack company??

I placed my order with Botach and it was all done by putting my list together and having Mike verify what was in-stock and what was not. I am always uneasy about placing an order and having anything not in-stock. But that's the way it goes, no one can always have everything on the shelf. Apparently the day the order was processed numerous items came in and were shippped out...they arrived within a weeks time and were 100% perfect. A week or so after the first shipment was rec'd, the other item(s) arrived and were shipped with Mike giving me a heads up. There are a couple items that are outstanding....and I must admit it does bother me when there's NO ETA...and I feel that there should be some way they could know when they'll be available but so far Mike has done his best to make sure my order gets completed. The recent email from Mike notifying me of the few items that were being shipped he asked to confirm the remaining 3 items. Overall my experience wiht Mike has been positive. From the sound of it, seems he's the only person really trying to turn the company around and I wish him luck....but I am not willing to wait forever. After a while, enough is enough and I would believe there is no reason for an item to be out of stock for that long and have no idea when it will be available. If I have any gripes as of this moment it would be having to call or email for availability or pricing. For some reason Mike said real time availability is not an option....curious about that one. As for pricing, I've seen this kind of thing done before where the discount is TOO LOW to advertise...??? I can certainly report back when my order has been fulfilled...I'm hoping for the best.

I have had two experiences with Botach.

First time was about a year ago and I ordered a Trijicon Dual-Illuminated RMR. Everything worked out just fine, got my product in a timely fashion and was very happy.

Second time I ordered a Geissele Trigger and after the order was placed, I was notified it was out of stock. At the time I was OK to wait. After a few weeks I was able to find a different version with another vendor so I cancelled my order with Botach. Coincidentally, my original order happened to ship about 2 hours after I sent the e-mail to cancel my order.
After a flurry of calls & e-mails, we got the order stopped and all was well. Two months later I had not received a refun on the credit card and it took many more e-mails to finally get the attention and my credit.

My only complaint was the time it took to get my money back after I had cancelled the order. There are definitely issues there but it looks like they may be trying to rectify it, maybe. Just my experience.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I think a "live inventory" isn't possible because they don't have shit in stock. As bad as sales have probably been due to their lackluster customer service they didn't have the capital to stock the parts. I truly feel that if a live inventory was in place a majority of the items would be "out of stock" and therefore they would loose potential customers who wouldn't knowingly order an OOS item.

I agree, they are slowly dying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cxjcherokec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I think a "live inventory" isn't possible because they don't have shit in stock. As bad as sales have probably been due to their lackluster customer service they didn't have the capital to stock the parts. I truly feel that if a live inventory was in place a majority of the items would be "out of stock" and therefore they would loose potential customers who wouldn't knowingly order an OOS item. </div></div>

got a call back from mike thursday morning so he could clarify the issue with my order he seemed like a nice enough guy what he told me was he would personally look into my order and get back with me that afternoon with a resolution it is now friday night and suprise suprise he never called me back

I have ordered well over $1500 worth of stuff an at least three different occasions and received all within a timely manner. I stated last year...Was I lucky? I will try them again in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firestopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have ordered well over $1500 worth of stuff an at least three different occasions and received all within a timely manner. I stated last year...Was I lucky? I will try them again in the future. </div></div>

Lucky enough that if it were me...I'd be buying up lotto tickets as fast as I could get them!! With that kind of luck, you ought to be a winner!!

I too have ordered a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from Botach, and each time I’ve received my order in a timely manner. I guess it was luck. Who knows? But since then I have discovered Triad, and will never look back.

I am new to this forum and did not check ahead about them.. wanted an atlas bipod and monopod and ordered them on the 27th...my status says ready... I called, got a voicemail.... no live chat...
I am trying not to be negative but I feel like the screwing is coming...especially after reading this post now...I only ordered there cause they said the bipods were in stock....

I just placed an order with Botach last week, Since I am zero rush for the item and they had the 10% off coupon back I said what the hell, its on a CC and if they screw me and don't make it right I will just have the CC do a charge back.

So I placed my order on the 24th and checking the status it showed pending review each time I checked it even today. Then about 45 minutes or so ago I received an email stating that the item I ordered was back ordered for two weeks, which I am fine with as I don't need the item that quickly.

Now lets discuss what could have been done better already. First what takes a week to let the customer know that its back ordered? I was sent an email, so it surely does not take a week to send out an email status update, does it take a week to ship items that are instock?

Now should the two weeks come and go with no update or shipping then I will say nothing has really changed at botach.

My last order about 8 months ago did not go smooth at all, two items were back ordered and after over a week with no contact I contacted CS to fin out the delay. They finally told me the hold up so I went to a larger size on the cleaner that was out of stock in the size I ordered and asked the other item be removed so it could ship.

Well it shipped a few days later, when I received it they had included the item that I was told was back ordered (which sucked as I already had ordered and received a the same item from another vendor) so my only options from Botach was pay shipping to return item that should not have been sent or just own two of them.

To top things off they had a special going that stated on the front page buy the item and get a free shirt. So I purchased the item and it even listed the free shirt and the size requested on my order only to find out that they required you to buy two of the item to get the free shirt. They did not mention that anywhere on the front page that had the big ad for it and nothing on the order, just a little hidden text at the bottom of the page for the item. And as expected Customer service told me to pound sand even when I sent a screen shot of the misleading front page that said you just had to buy item x to get item y free.

If botach screws up the order and tells me to pound sand this time it will be the last order, period. The Kestrel Tactical Weather Station Kit they have for $399 plus the 10% off discount was worth giving them one more shot, since the kit price is cheaper this way than most charge for just the kestrel bluetooth.

We shall see in two weeks if it really was a good deal. I'll post in this thread again at the two week mark with an update

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Manzgear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am new to this forum and did not check ahead about them.. wanted an atlas bipod and monopod and ordered them on the 27th...my status says ready... I called, got a voicemail.... no live chat...
I am trying not to be negative but I feel like the screwing is coming...especially after reading this post now...I only ordered there cause they said the bipods were in stock.... </div></div>

I got my first Atlas from botach and it did take a while to get it shipped, but amazingly it was instock. I was tempted on my recent order to grab another atlas bipod but I want the new one with the lip, so I was not going to risk ordering it from botach and getting the one that has not been updated.

Since it is stating that your order is ready you are in a much better position, my order still states pending review and I have received an email from them a little while ago now that my item is backordered. It will probably take them a few days to ship your item but sounds like it is in stock.

But just so you know, they have no updated inventory system on the site, so never assume its actually in stock unless you call first and then YMMV.

ok so VSOP you are saying that if it says the order is ready thats a good thing? that makes me feel a little better.... cause this whole thing is freakin me out... I dont care if its any other type of item, but when I am buying stuff to do with guns or anything gun related, I really and truly expect a higher standard and well coulda shoulda woulda read the reviews before... but now It hope and wait..

OK so I called yesterday and told them to cancel my order if they didnt have the items in stock.... and today the money was back in my account... like I never ordered anything? I guess they didnt have any but they were happy to charge me for what they didnt have until I called and told them I wasnt happy with them..... guess I gotta get in line and wait for my atlas like everyone else.. and better now that I can go the better companies that sell them here on the hide

just wanted to say that I got my money back from botach- and received an email from Triad that the atlas bipods are back in stock. ordered mine with a monopod and its already with UPS on its way to me..... thanks Steve in advance. Botach....IDK what to say about them..they took my money knowing they didnt even have the product in stock.... somethings never change I guess

Unfortunately I have to update this for Botach. Last I reported to have received my money back. Today I looked at my account and they billed me again for my original order and at the time I didnt have sufficient funds so now my account was over drafted and it cost me a fee and the money I was using to pay some bills- now I have to wait 10days to get my money back for my bills that are due this week. thanks to Botach tactical. this discounts are a come on to take your money any way they can!

Congratulations...YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">"BOTACHED"</span></span>!!!

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ARE YOU POTENTIAL BOTACH CUSTOMERS FIGURING THIS $H!T OUT YET OR IS IT STILL "GIVE 'EM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT" TIME?!?!</span></span> </span>

All the so-called "deals" in the world don't make up for the kind of horrific customer service, wrong-doing, bad experiences, lies and general BULL$H!T that is synonymous with Botach!

WOW... I have dealt with Botach before and wouldn't necessarily say it was great but I know a few guys lately here at work that received their orders without complaints...

I ordered my Elcan from them and didn't have any problems getting it.

Even though I had a smooth transaction in the future my money will be spent elsewhere.

It seems to me that the business model is to be attractive to those who really like a deal, or want a deal. Then, charge for the item right away, take the money and earn interest on it. If the volume of business is high enough, they can stack up a bunch of cash and make money on the float. It's a volume thing.

It probably doesn't matter to them if they have a high customer service rating. They don't generate business from that model. They get their volume from those that are willing to risk their cash to get a great price....ie a form of greed. I suspect that greed is probably a strong enough motivation to keep them in business regardless of their customer service rating. 50% happy customers? 30% happy customers? That works.

Current in stock status? They don't want it or need it. Their business model does not operate with in stock merchandise. They get the orders, then shop the accumulated volume or bid it out to see who can sell to them at the best wholesale price. Then they wait. And make you wait.

Granted, some people get their stuff no problem, but that is not what they offer as a standard. Their standard is a really low advertised price. That's it. If you risk your cash to score that deal, be ready to pay another price in headaches, confusion, lost time, and being generally pissed off.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...just like when the circus comes to town. As PT Barnum put it, there's a sucker born every minute.

I must be among those rare few that have had successful transactions with Botach. I've placed two orders the past two weeks on several of their Woolrich and Eotach clothing lines clearance items. I received a shipping confirmation email and order invoice within 1 business day and the orders arrived within 5 business days with no issues (West to East coast). I guess I should have played the lottery as well those days.
smile.gif

While I appreciate D Draig's theory on our operation, I do have to say that it's pretty off base. For people on this thread to have had good experiences and to consider them 'lucky' or to still declare that they won't come back just because of other people's experiences is disheartening. We've been around for 15 years and ship over 600+ orders every single day. There aren't that many complaints across the internet over the past 5 years! The BBB wouldn't have us at an A rating if we were as horrible as we're portrayed.

Yes technology has advanced to the point where instant stock and response is available, but that's a convenience, not the standard, and it shouldn't be an automatic expectation. Some companies offer it but we're not one of them. We have a different setup and shouldn't be faulted for it. I'm sure in the future we'll eventually integrate an online inventory system and be able to process instant response,. We're not amazon.com, we're a small business with extremely high volume and everything is done manually, from processing orders to stock checks to getting ETAs from our suppliers. We do not charge orders that don't ship. When orders are placed, our system automatically runs a security authorization on the credit card as a form of fraud detection. That activity disappears after 72 hours, unless the order ships. For every person that calls and says that we charged, 3 days later they come back and confirm that the activity disappears.

I always tell customers that if you need something urgently, send us a stock check inquiry ahead of time. We'll let you know what's available ahead of time so you can plan accordingly. You could have your order shipped the same day if we have the item in one of our 3 warehouses. If you want a website that reflects active inventory, we're not that site. If you want great value, great prices, and high quality items, then take the minute to fill out a stock check inquiry and you'll know what's available before you place your order. Our phones are constantly ringing but, while we do get a very high call volume which makes it difficult to get through, we're very responsive on email. I'm sorry if you've had unsatisfactory experiences with us but please know that we are constantly working to improve. We admit that we're not a flawless operation, but we will continue to work on improving our operation so that customers get the experience that's expected of us.

Regards,
Mike
[email protected]

Past customer only.
Oh Finally a chance to vent.

This company has not changed at all.

Nov. 30th order placed

Dec. 14th backorder email really took two weeks to send an automated email.

Dec 23rd get a thanks for your order email

Jan 1st Mike is going to get me an eta and get back to me.

nine days later Jan 10th Mike emails me still does not have a date.

Jan 11th told parts would be in next week.

Jan 28th now the don't know when the parts will be in.

Feb 16th one of the two backorder parts is shipping.

Feb 23rd part is shipping next week.

March thats right FU*KING MARCH 14th Mike is sending my part UPS and will send me tracking info.Never got tracking info or another email.

March 23rd part arrives in a usps envelope.

all in all DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM HERE I WAS LIED TO ON MULTIPLE DAYS. I have keep all email transactions for the non believers.

These are boards designed for people to share their negative experiences. Do you think people go to pissedconsumer.com to talk about great experiences with companies? Look at these sites, there are complaints about Sony, Amazon, and Samsung. On resellerratings there are 60 reviews, both good and bad, from 2011. We ship 600 orders in a single day. The ratio between the people who receive orders on a daily basis and those who complain is very telling.

I'm not saying that we haven't made mistakes in the past and at times still do. All I'm trying to convey is that we are always working to improve our services - a person today will not have the same experience as a person who ordered a year ago - and I will continue to be available for anybody who feels like they have an unsolvable problem.

Best Regards,
Mike
Customer Service Manager
[email protected]

I have placed about 6 orders and only had one delay. i was happy with the experience over all. I did have to contact them about the order that had a delay but they got back to me in about 3 days. I'll be ordering from them again

Mike, I have not dealt with your company in a very long time because of some terrible behavior on your companies part.

I have been watching this thread hoping you honestly want to do better but I suggest your starting to let emotions get in the way here.

Please stay professional and continue to strive to do better. For the most part you have come across very well and have gotten back some of the lost good will

my experience with botach (this was last year) was ok up to a point. i order 2 kestrel 4500nv that was on sell call in first to verify in stock all ok. went online place order (with online credit card that i only use for this cases).
order flow ok, they send email confirmation and later shipping track; all good now.
2 days later is went thing got intersting, i began to see illegal charges on my credit card on companies that i never even heard off. 5 chargers got in the card that i didnt do.(all online)
the funny thing is that was the only charge i did for that month, i have to dispute charges with credit card compane and close account.
never have this problem before, lesson to be learn: something is going to with botach never to purchase from them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I have not dealt with your company in a very long time because of some terrible behavior on your companies part.

I have been watching this thread hoping you honestly want to do better but I suggest your starting to let emotions get in the way here.

Please stay professional and continue to strive to do better. For the most part you have come across very well and have gotten back some of the lost good will </div></div>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

I would also like to add that I only purchase from companies or individuals who support our shooting community and more specifically this site. You may be able to turn the corner if you become a site sponsor and help support the hobby instead of coming here and asking consumers who have been burned to blindly give your their trust. It comes across bad in my opinion.