• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Permanent .300 Blackout Suppressor? Ideas?

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    In WA, we can't have SBR's, and given the current climate, it looks unlikely we will get them soon. And .300BLK looks fun as a shorty, and I'd likely only use it suppressed anyway (I pretty much use my 16" that way already). So I'm considering a permanent suppressor, any feedback? Anyone do it? Anyone solid against it (given the no SBR situation)? Pros, cons? Tips or tricks?

AAC makes this one in 5.56 for a 10.5"bbl. for that exact purpose (among others):

http://www.advanced-armament.com/RANGER3_p_441.html

Anyone know of a similar one in 7.62? One with a positive (sticking out) female threaded end like the one above? One that has a removable end cap and core would be nice in this case, if for no other reason than to get to the muzzle easier for cleaning. I'm only interested in thread on cans, and given the application, efficient yet cheap cans as well.

If anyone did it without the female threaded end sticking out, how did you do it?

The 5.56 shorty loses way too much velocity to be of interest to me --I don't want a shorty that bad. But .300BLK loses much less velocity from short barrels, and considering I have an extra, fully built carbine lower (sort of, I want to semi-retire the Beowulf upper) it seems like it would be a fun addition. I really like my 16" AAC .300BLK and SDN6 combo, but would really like another to be around, give or take, 16" WITH suppressor.

Interested in any ideas or feedback. Thanks.

Re: Permanent .300 Blackout Suppressor? Ideas?

Not sure if your asking about integrally suppressed 300blk greater than 16". I know thru some of my research there are a few IS 300blk uppers available. Google lyonidis (sp?) 300blk. I want to recall $1500 upper price - don't remember overall length.

Also Houston tactical is producing one. Not sure this helps

Well, sort of. You can't truly do integral suppression on a semi auto rifle that is gas operated. That is what they all tell me anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check out those places.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Not interested in the really long rails/tubes that make it 16" that the suppressor fits into.

I'd like a true .300 pistol length, or 10.5 ideally, with a KAC two piece handguard and the suppressor welded on, screwed on and then (hopefully) blind pinned into place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pin and weld an AAC Hunter onto a 10" barrel.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/HUNTER_p_438.html
    </div></div>

Think that could be done? It doesn't have a nipple where the muzzle threads in like the Ranger3 does. But that would be ideal otherwise. Still would if anyone knows of a good way to attach it where it holds well and doesn't look like shit or interfere with the function any.

Yeah, thanks. You guys may have solved this quickly. That Leonidas and Liberty link... Their package #3 looks like what I'm interested in --I can provide my own junk and they'll suppress it for me for $750. Not bad.

Thanks again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pin and weld an AAC Hunter onto a 10" barrel.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/HUNTER_p_438.html
    </div></div>

Anybody know where to get this one, I was told that this was never released.

edit: i got an email from AAC, they said the Hunter would be at dealers at the end of Q1 2013.

I know you said permanent but I would check out the SWR octane 45. That is what I run on mine. Super light and front cap comes off, baffles come out, also doubles as a pistol can. Pretty awesome