• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Pm2 3-27x56 vs Steiner m7ix 4-28x56

• Thread starter Deleted member 121493
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 121493

Can get them for around the same price (sub is used but mint condition). Around 2800. Leaning toward the Steiner, but the sub seems to be a great price?

The sub has p4f reticle. I can live with that I guess but msr2 is better for prs no? Also read the prs blog scope test where the 3-27 didn't fare so well.

a9fe48e8-61c0-11e9-9b00-9929c22efa3a.jpeg.jpg
aeda2dfe-61c0-11e9-928b-0716324f4132.jpeg.jpg
b332650a-61c0-11e9-9b00-9929c22efa3a.jpeg.jpg
bc091ed5-61c0-11e9-856d-7753c127952f.jpeg.jpg
aeda2dfe-61c0-11e9-928b-0716324f4132.jpeg.jpg
b332650a-61c0-11e9-9b00-9929c22efa3a.jpeg.jpg

Can get them for around the same price (sub is used but mint condition). Around 2800. Leaning toward the Steiner, but the sub seems to be a great price?
M7Xis can be had for significantly less than that right now; look around/shop a bit. No experience with the S&B so not saying the Steiner is the better scope, but I found the price/performance ratio to meet my needs quite well, X2.

M7Xis can be had for significantly less than that right now; look around/shop a bit. No experience with the S&B so not saying the Steiner is the better scope, but I found the price/performance ratio to meet my needs quite well, X2.

What are you getting them for now?

I live in EU so prices here are a bit different:
- PM2 5-25x56 around 3000usd
- K624x56 around 2300usd
-K525x56 around 2500usd
-M7xi around 2800usd

Not sure where I get most bang for the buck...

I love anything S&B, and have been a fan of Steiner MX series for years. What I would say is that that Steiner has hit a homerun with the new M7Xi, and they are selling better than S&B in Europe.

I have not used the S&B 3-27x, and we sell very few. On S&B, mostly 5-25x and the new 1-8x. You can never go wrong with S&B, but I would choose the Steiner in this comparison. New scope, widely accepted, lots of good reticles.

We carry the M7Xi in MSR2 in CW, and get some of the others when we need them and customers ask.

Let me know if I can help.

I love anything S&B, and have been a fan of Steiner MX series for years. What I would say is that that Steiner has hit a homerun with the new M7Xi, and they are selling better than S&B in Europe.

I have not used the S&B 3-27x, and we sell very few. On S&B, mostly 5-25x and the new 1-8x. You can never go wrong with S&B, but I would choose the Steiner in this comparison. New scope, widely accepted, lots of good reticles.

We carry the M7Xi in MSR2 in CW, and get some of the others when we need them and customers ask.

Let me know if I can help.
In the European market Steiner became the first supplier on high end riflescopes. They won all important European contracts. e.g. German Special Force KSK, German Army, French SF and Army, Poland Army, Belgium Police... That shows their strong commitment to top quality and ruggedness.

The sub has p4f reticle. I can live with that I guess but msr2 is better for prs no? Also read the prs blog scope test where the 3-27 didn't fare so well.

He had the optic set up incorrectly for the test. He should have taken it down. Not sure why that’s still floating around.

Got my M7 in the mail yesterday, sadly got the wrong retice( mil. dot), and have to send it back. Mounted it and glassed a little outside over the sea. Must say I am shocked, it beats my old Pm2 no contest optically. Just as clear and bright, better eye relief, better clarity in extremes of adjustment, no tunnelling, and ....can find no negatives. Love feel of the turrets.

Have had vortex hd gen1, gen2, 5-25pm2, 3-20US, 3-20pm2, and now this. Clearly the best scope so far. Optically I rate them as m7>>pm25-25=pm23-20>3-20us>>razor g2>>razor g1.

Hope my msr2 version arrives with express over night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: psychosniper
got my M7xi 4-28 yesterday as well, damn thing is impressive! Had the 3-27 Pm2 last year and it was very nice as well, really liked the Pm2 MTC locking turrets but these Steiner turrets are my new favorite. Very solid feeling but not gen 2 razor solid feel super smooth mag ring with a day of experience its one of my favorite scopes for sure. The MSR2 is the thinnest reticle across the board Ive ever seen, competes with TT gen2xr thickness to my eyes, super clean and crisp and all the adjustments are very smooth and user friendly. Ild agree with above comments definitely a home run optically.

Any chance of these getting the SCR or SCR2? I really liked the scope I looked behind and the price is lower than expected (several hundred lower than my Minox) I just like the SCR a bit more than the MSR2.

Any chance of these getting the SCR or SCR2? I really liked the scope I looked behind and the price is lower than expected (several hundred lower than my Minox) I just like the SCR a bit more than the MSR2.
The SCR originally made it's debut in the Steiner T5Xi but then trickled down to the Burris XTR II series, it will be interesting if the SCR2 trickles "up" to the Steiners. Burris is having issues getting the SCR2 to market, my guess is we'll see it in the XTR III before we see it with any other scopes. Also, I would not expect the M7Xi to beat out the ZP5 optically so I wouldn't base a purchase on that, but on other features...

I looked through the M7xi next to my ZP5 at a match. For any type of practical shooting I couldn’t tell the difference. Maybe I could have had I taken the time to go back and forth in detail. You’re right about the features. The turrets on the Steiner were nicer and I liked how it was more compact.

I looked through the M7xi next to my ZP5 at a match. For any type of practical shooting I couldn’t tell the difference. Maybe I could have had I taken the time to go back and forth in detail. You’re right about the features. The turrets on the Steiner were nicer and I liked how it was more compact.
It is very difficult to tell the difference when in good light with many scopes, its when the light is poor that you begin to notice the differences. If you get an opportunity to compare the two in low light I'd be curious your thoughts.