• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Problem with ChargeMaster

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Well I left the ChargeMaster unplugged and sitting for about 45 days and come back to her and she wont turn on
frown.gif

I plan to call RCBS as soon as the clock strikes a decent hour.

If anyone sees this before light can you verify that the power adapter is a Casio 2 prong 6.0v 240mA???

I cant for the hell of me figure anything that could have even happened to it.

Re: Problem with ChargeMaster

I keep saying it but no one is listening. A manual powder measure like a Redding comp or a Harrells is a way more reliable tool than an electronic device. Especially for a soldier that might move around a fair bit and load in strange places.
The Chargemaster should have an internal memory battery that may have gone flat. Look for any replacable batteries or try plugging it in for a few days then try to turn it on.

Mine kind of did the same thing. Except it threw a charge then just quit. Luckly Cabelas took care of me. But RCBS said they would help. I just didn't want to wait to get it back. Never figured out what the problem was. Sorry can't help you there.

My CM died a little while ago as well. Scale still works when disconnected from the dispenser, but as soon as I connect it, it locks up. RCBS said send it back with a check for 45 bucks and they will either fix or replace it.

I called RCBS and got the same answer you did rk.

Can someone verify that 6.0v 240mA is correct?

I tried one thats 500mA and it turns on and goes through every function except for turning the tube and putting powder in the damn pan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called RCBS and got the same answer you did rk.

Can someone verify that 6.0v 240mA is correct?

I tried one thats 500mA and it turns on and goes through every function except for turning the tube and putting powder in the damn pan. </div></div>

mine says:

AC ADAPTER
MODEL: AD-48091000
INPUT: 120V AC 60Hz 0.3A
OUTPUT: 9V DC 1000mA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, thats probably it then...I wonder where the hell mine went to?

Thanks guys. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the power adapter is a Casio 2 prong 6.0v 240mA???

</div></div>

dude, check your casio appliance!
grin.gif