• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS rimfire director bullies youth shooter at prize table

five5six

Yoda of shooting
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2004
Texas
So the facts are out and the PRS is pretending that nothing has happened by their leadership. This guy literally bullied a youth shooter and took their prize and thinks by saying sorry that his actions should be excused by the community. If this is acceptable what else happens behind closed doors.

I’m appalled that this guy is any sort of leadership position or even thinks he deserves to represent the USA for the world shoot. He should be removed from the running immediately.

People should think hard about supporting any company or organization that allows adults to bully children.

Hats off to the NRL22 for banning him. Everyone else should grab some balls and follow suit.

image0.jpeg

Now we need to add prize table security

image0.jpeg

Yeah. Not sure what to make of this. How is the PRS involved? What’s the connection to you? Are you flexing your bias in some way that we are supposed to recognize? “What else happens behind closed doors”?????

It sounds a lot to me like the OP has a particular grudge against the PRS organization and is lashing out. Appropriate punishment had been meted out by the organization that should handle it, but this guy thinks that there should be a public execution and nothing less.

I think they should get rid of the prize tables altogether. Those fucking things cause more grief and drama than the Young and the Restless for fucks sakes. Just hand out trophies or something along that line and be done with it.
^^^This right here is fine by me.^^^

I used to run local NRL22 matches, but had very poor attendance in Florida since most people in this region are part of PRS. So now I run PRS22 matches. I’m local, small and have no desire to be anything else. I buy plaques and encourage youth participation by allowing all those 16 and under to shoot my matches for free.

As much as I’d occasionally like to provide more, I’m not sponsored in any way, so all prizes come out of my pocket. As this is a zero sum thing for me, there are no prize tables. Once a year, I hold a match where I’ll give trinkets or other shooting related items away after plaques have been awarded, but I call up juniors first, followed by winners.

If you aren’t attending my matches because you are being challenged and having fun, then you’ll be disappointed that there’s no free shit at the end.

Nothing new. 20 years ago the local IPSC fag's had shotgun steel matches over in Idaho. I worked with the lead faggot full time and shot mostly bullseye pistol. He convinced me to bring over a military team from my guard unit and we did.

When he did not like the results or who was going to win a particular prize, him or another top shooter refired the stage to change the results. Or they swapped the prize for something shitty.

I shot exactly halfway thru the pack on a set of three stages and randomly won a pair of Winchester bar stools donated by a local sporting goods store. They picked how it was awarded. The lead fag's instead gave the stools to their buddy who, " drove up from Boise and needed some good awards." I got ten rounds of buckshot instead. Dropped them in the trash as I left the table.

They pulled the same shit on every non- cool guy winner. Most guys tried to brush it off and say they came for the shooting anyway.

That shitty behavior is part and parcel of having prizes and a sport with special privileges for their pet shooters or head of line privilege for perceived "cool guys".

It's a great way to drive kids and new shooters away too. 5 bucks says the prick is doing it next week somewhere else.

Still unclear what actually happened. Did he walk in front of her and grabbed it from the table or ripped it from her hands.....

Still unclear what actually happened. Did he walk in front of her and grabbed it from the table or ripped it from her hands.....
2nd hand info...

The rules were First Place first then junior.

First Place went, junior went and grabbed the case of Center X, Stiner grabbed the case from junior after walking next.

Again, take that story with a grain of salt.

I'm gonna take a fat guess as to what happened. The "PRS" shooter won his division and was told to pick his prize from the prize table. While he was hemming and hawing about what prize to take the MD was announcing the other winners of other divisions and also sent to the prize table. The youth shooter walked directly the prize they wanted and the "PRS" shooter seeing his prize being taken while he was in indecision decided to take the youth shooter's prize as now the "PRS" shooter finally decided once someone else took it.

I'm gonna take a fat guess as to what happened. The "PRS" shooter won his division and was told to pick his prize from the prize table. While he was hemming and hawing about what prize to take the MD was announcing the other winners of other divisions and also sent to the prize table. The youth shooter walked directly the prize they wanted and the "PRS" shooter seeing his prize being taken while he was in indecision decided to take the youth shooter's prize as now the "PRS" shooter finally decided once someone else took it.
Matt Stiner got 2nd Place. A Junior walked before him. He grabbed the junior's prize from their hands.

Overall, it was very bad optics and kinda a dick move from witnesses there.

Matt Stiner got 2nd Place. A Junior walked before him. He grabbed the junior's prize from their hands.

Overall, it was very bad optics and kinda a dick move from witnesses there.

That sounds like something some entitled Cheeto dust covered neckbeard would do at COD tournaments when he gets his ass whooped by a player younger than him and got butthurt... No room for that kind of behavior in the real shooting world where adult and mature mentality is REQUIRED. If I were there I would not be able to resist telling him loudly "Hey buddy, the My Little Pony convention is that way!"...

I think they should get rid of the prize tables altogether. Those fucking things cause more grief and drama than the Young and the Restless for fucks sakes. Just hand out trophies or something along that line and be done with it.
Yea but then all the “shirts” wouldn’t be able to list all their free shit here on the hide the following week and get funding to “pay for incidentals not covered by their sponsor” 😝

Reactions: camocorvette
If they wanna have prize tables they should go to random draw. Gives the up and comer or young kid a chance to win some pretty trick gear, I think you'd see way less shit for sale the next week.

So the facts are out and the PRS is pretending that nothing has happened by their leadership. This guy literally bullied a youth shooter and took their prize and thinks by saying sorry that his actions should be excused by the community. If this is acceptable what else happens behind closed doors.

I’m appalled that this guy is any sort of leadership position or even thinks he deserves to represent the USA for the world shoot. He should be removed from the running immediately.

People should think hard about supporting any company or organization that allows adults to bully children.

Hats off to the NRL22 for banning him. Everyone else should grab some balls and follow suit.

View attachment 8447285

Now we need to add prize table security

View attachment 8447292
OP, you have terrible reading comprehension. The offender was a competitor, not a match director. There already has been corrective action by way of getting the youth back his prize as well as the offender was suspended.

If they wanna have prize tables they should go to random draw. Gives the up and comer or young kid a chance to win some pretty trick gear, I think you'd see way less shit for sale the next week.
It would quickly turn into a "random draw" where some shooters' numbers are drawn more often than the statistics would support.

Understandable. But does gender really matter?

🤷🏾‍♂️

I don't give in to the demands of the pronoun brigade. They are obnoxious, malicious, destructive, parasitic, and will demand a mile once somebody shows any weakness and gives them an inch. On the streets and in public I just give them a blank, robotic "uncanny valley" look and move on whenever they want to have a confrontation, and the only reason is because I have a family to look after and don't want legal troubles because I knocked someone TF out...

Don't give in to them man. They want to normalize the abnormal, and we don't have to honor their "wants"...

encourage youth participation by allowing all those 16 and under to shoot my matches for free.
This ^^ is highly admirable and should be emulated by others. The reason shooting sports are generally in decline is lack of young shooters entering for a number of reasons but costs are definitely one of them.

Outstanding and you are to be applauded for this.

This ^^ is highly admirable and should be emulated by others. The reason shooting sports are generally in decline is lack of young shooters entering for a number of reasons but costs are definitely one of them.

Outstanding and you are to be applauded for this.
Interestingly, when a larger venue south of here first started, they emulated my choice and did the same. Shortly after that, they stopped doing it because “they were losing money”. That tells me all I need to know about who runs those matches.

2nd hand info...

The rules were First Place first then junior.

First Place went, junior went and grabbed the case of Center X, Stiner grabbed the case from junior after walking next.

Again, take that story with a grain of salt.
That makes sense. I was figuring it was a situation about who was standing closer when the names were announced. As a leader and apparently an MDT sponsored shooter, smart guy Mike would have been gracious and said “don’t worry, I’ll grab something else”, even though he was technically correct. All for a case of Center-X?

Reactions: oneshot86
It would quickly turn into a "random draw" where some shooters' numbers are drawn more often than the statistics would support.
The matches up in Canukistan are random draw. It works well. The alternative is very little long distance traveling because that shooter is out $1K+ for a chance at a high 5 from the MD.

Nothing new. 20 years ago the local IPSC fag's had shotgun steel matches over in Idaho. I worked with the lead faggot full time and shot mostly bullseye pistol. He convinced me to bring over a military team from my guard unit and we did.

When he did not like the results or who was going to win a particular prize, him or another top shooter refired the stage to change the results. Or they swapped the prize for something shitty.

I shot exactly halfway thru the pack on a set of three stages and randomly won a pair of Winchester bar stools donated by a local sporting goods store. They picked how it was awarded. The lead fag's instead gave the stools to their buddy who, " drove up from Boise and needed some good awards." I got ten rounds of buckshot instead. Dropped them in the trash as I left the table.

They pulled the same shit on every non- cool guy winner. Most guys tried to brush it off and say they came for the shooting anyway.

That shitty behavior is part and parcel of having prizes and a sport with special privileges for their pet shooters or head of line privilege for perceived "cool guys".

It's a great way to drive kids and new shooters away too. 5 bucks says the prick is doing it next week somewhere else.
TLDR: Guys are usuallly pricks to each other on the internet but at these events can be pricks to each other in person. But only on days ending in the letter 'y'.

Got it, thanks.

That makes sense. I was figuring it was a situation about who was standing closer when the names were announced. As a leader and apparently an MDT sponsored shooter, smart guy Mike would have been gracious and said “don’t worry, I’ll grab something else”, even though he was technically correct. All for a case of Center-X?
I'm still a bit confused- was Stiner the first place overall and the kid chose too soon, or was Stiner third overall?

That's how we do ours. Last match I shot in the top 10, but had to wait for 15 other people to walk the table.
Lots of kids got Athlon and Arken scopes. Some free stuff certs, shooting bags, etc.

I ended up with a 50% off MDT elite chassis. So I think I got a good prize, passed up some certs for other optics and chassis. And I left the "free" prizes for any behind me that couldn't afford $800 to "win a prize".

IDPA state match director always has really great give aways. Per rulebook winners are selected at random. He uses a computer program. No prize table BS.

I thought USPSA was the only discipline that created drama. ;)

That's how we do ours. Last match I shot in the top 10, but had to wait for 15 other people to walk the table.
Lots of kids got Athlon and Arken scopes. Some free stuff certs, shooting bags, etc.

I ended up with a 50% off MDT elite chassis. So I think I got a good prize, passed up some certs for other optics and chassis. And I left the "free" prizes for any behind me that couldn't afford $800 to "win a prize".
The random prize table roulette calms my travel cost worries just like buying lottery tickets and 6 pack on payday….
The odds are way better at the match though. At last weekend’s match I was drawn for a 50% off MSRP Vortex certificate. Depending on how big I go, savings could cover fuel and hotel costs, and I end up with better gear than I could afford otherwise.

There's some clarification in another thread. My original scenario was pretty close to what happened. Except he was waiting for the shooter before him to grab their prize and the MD allowed the youth shooter to the prize table prematurely.

I think the only thing he's guilty of is asking the youth shooter for the prize he in actuality had first right of refusal to. Now he's getting dragged over the internet coals and got a ban that seems out of proportion to his actions. He's made a formal and appropriate apology as well. There's also a lot of testimony to his character and it's by and large very good.

The random prize table roulette calms my travel cost worries just like buying lottery tickets and 6 pack on payday….
The odds are way better at the match though. At last weekend’s match I was drawn for a 50% off MSRP Vortex certificate. Depending on how big I go, savings could cover fuel and hotel costs, and I end up with better gear than I could afford otherwise.

I only travel to matches that I want to shoot with or without a prize table.

It's cool to win something, but our monthly matches don't have a prize table and I'll drive 100+ miles 1 way to shoot at other clubs without a prize table.

Counting on prizes to make travel worth it isn't what I would consider fun anymore, which makes it pointless.

There's some clarification in another thread. My original scenario was pretty close to what happened. Except he was waiting for the shooter before him to grab their prize and the MD allowed the youth shooter to the prize table prematurely.

I think the only thing he's guilty of is asking the youth shooter for the prize he in actuality had first right of refusal to. Now he's getting dragged over the internet coals and got a ban that seems out of proportion to his actions. He's made a formal and appropriate apology as well. There's also a lot of testimony to his character and it's by and large very good.
So here I was thinking surely somebody would have punched Matt Stiner in the face and handed the prize back to the girl, but your post sounds like a very good explanation of why that did not happen, which makes me think your version is probably the closest to what happened that has been posted so far.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Thats how prize tables work. There are lots of people up there at same time, or the walk would take hours. So if someone who places higher than you wants something still there, even if someone who placed AFTER them picks it up, they can take it. Its the only fair way to do it.

And this is not some shitty local charity match. Its the National Championship where people spent thousands in travel and expenses to attend (not including the thousands/tens of thousands spend during the year to get the points to be able to place high).

Also most of these "youth" shooting good enough to place at national matches, have been competing for 5 years+, are fully sponsored and get more gear and free shit thrown at them than ANYONE. They know the drill. Its not some poor farm kid shooting their first match.

I only travel to matches that I want to shoot with or without a prize table.

It's cool to win something, but our monthly matches don't have a prize table and I'll drive 100+ miles 1 way to shoot at other clubs without a prize table.

Counting on prizes to make travel worth it isn't what I would consider fun anymore, which makes it pointless.
I drive 6-12 hrs 1 way.

Reactions: Caymanboy

If that's the case, Matt really didn't do anything wrong, and for the sake of public relations he apologized for something that was the fault of the guy who called up the kid prematurely. And there's a good chance the kid knew she was jumping the prize line.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Guess my point was that's on you. Expecting to win a prize to make up for your travel seems silly to me.
You totally missed the point because you didn’t read what I wrote. It’s not an expectation, it’s a chance, like buying a raffle ticket, except the odds are better. Like when your football team is in the big game and your dumb ass wears your jersey to work.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Fuck off. I haven’t sold anything.
You can fuck off yourself. You seem awfully sensitive. Plenty of shooters sell their winnings and justify the choice exactly as I have written. If you haven’t sold any winnings, good for you. I award you 1000 points.

You may now continue to whine about needing a prize table because you traveled a long distance for your hobby.