• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS rimfire director bullies youth shooter at prize table

So if someone who places higher than you wants something still there, even if someone who placed AFTER them picks it up, they can take it
That is a real stretch. In the dozen PRS prize tables I’ve been through, you go up when your name is called and if something is still laying on the table, it’s fair game….once someone else who is up there deciding picks something up, no matter where they placed, it’s “off the table”. You’d have to be a colossally indecisive dickhole to think you could take something out of someone else’s hands.

This ^^ is highly admirable and should be emulated by others. The reason shooting sports are generally in decline is lack of young shooters entering for a number of reasons but costs are definitely one of them.

Outstanding and you are to be applauded for this.
maybe for a first time competitor, but there are plenty of juniors wearing all the logos. They should be paying full freight. Also, after the introductory match they should be paying the entry fee. Show up with a ZCO on a Vudoo shooting Center X and you should shoot for free? Hardly. An arguement could be made that all the free shit, from entry fees to donated prizes are part of what is ending major matches - look at 3 gun as a cautionary tale.

maybe for a first time competitor, but there are plenty of juniors wearing all the logos. They should be paying full freight. Also, after the introductory match they should be paying the entry fee. Show up with a ZCO on a Vudoo shooting Center X and you should shoot for free? Hardly. An arguement could be made that all the free shit, from entry fees to donated prizes are part of what is ending major matches - look at 3 gun as a cautionary tale.
It’s my prerogative to do so and doing it is not ending anything. And I don’t see any major matches going out of business.
Your argument is misplaced.

If that's the case, Matt really didn't do anything wrong, and for the sake of public relations he apologized for something that was the fault of the guy who called up the kid prematurely. And there's a good chance the kid knew she was jumping the prize line.
Clearly your story is not correct. Not even remotely correct. If that was the case there is no way NRL would be banning him.

A organization wouldn’t put their name on the line for some petty drama. I can assure you that. If it was that simple. They would have washed their hands of it after he gave the ammo back and none of this would have even come to light no need for a ban, no need for a giant public email ect ect.

So take your tin foil hat off

• Angry
Reactions: Milf Dots
That is a real stretch. In the dozen PRS prize tables I’ve been through, you go up when your name is called and if something is still laying on the table, it’s fair game….once someone else who is up there deciding picks something up, no matter where they placed, it’s “off the table”. You’d have to be a colossally indecisive dickhole to think you could take something out of someone else’s hands.
That's not how it works. It rarely happens but its also been clarified by a few MD's over the years before table walks.
It has nothing to do with being indecisive. Prize tables can be huge and you have no idea whats left until you get up there and get a chance to walk it. Could take a minute or two just to scan whats up there, and whats been taken. maybe there was something you saw after the match you were hoping for and by the time you walk over and see it gone, you go back to get a different cert or item and someone else grabbed it. And in that time, they already called 5 people behind you and they can walk right up and take the best prize because they saw it before you had a chance to finish your walk.

Some people may think its a dick move, but its the most fair way to handle prizes. The other alternative is to not let the next person walk before you have had your chance to pick. That would take forever. Or even worse, as seen at RTC match, let a whole squad run up and fight each other for the 3 good items on the table. Talk about looking like an asshole.

The person who places higher (or whatever order the MD decides) deserves the better prize if they want it. And they should be given reasonable time to see whats up there and pick. Its not a race, and only shitty shooters trying to get shit better than their placement would think like that.

Don't like it? Shoot better or stay home. There is almost never any prize table drama at a PRS match, but I have seen a ton at NRL hunter, RTC and heard about it at other events. PRS probably has the best and most consistent method of doing prizes.

Clearly your story is not correct. Not even remotely correct. If that was the case there is no way NRL would be banning him.

A organization wouldn’t put their name on the line for some petty drama. I can assure you that. If it was that simple. They would have washed their hands of it after he gave the ammo back and none of this would have even come to light no need for a ban, no need for a giant public email ect ect.

So take your tin foil hat off
Hey Mr. Twelve Posts, I qualified my comment with the words "IF that's the case...", AND you didn't prove your version to be absolute truth, so for now- stop assuming you know the motives of people and the objective facts of what happened.

Put some Vagisil on it.

If it would take too long to call each winner up individually to walk, then announce all the winners at once, then give each person a ticket. Then after all the fanfare, let them all walk the prize table on their own time by handing in a ticket/number in order. No more drama. Solves the problem. If it would take too long, deal with it. You want your prize, you can wait 5 minutes.

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
I don't compete, don't know anything about any of those involved, so no skin in the game, but it just seems like an extreme response to a situation we don't have all the actual facts and details about.

Also, the truth often lies in the middle.

Reactions: woogie_man and lash
Some people may think its a dick move, but its the most fair way to handle prizes.

So much stupidity in your argument point.
NO, walk up to the table get what you want and stop being an idiot.
I'm better than you so I got to take what you picked when I decided I didn't like what I picked or couldn't make up my mind is the most stupid rule ever.

Browse the prize table before hand if you wish, they usually have it all out there, make up your mind and go get it.

Your idea is even more stupid than you realize, now what everyone stands around the prize table for hours arguing over who can take what they want from someone else all the way down the row? Or is it only your Jersey buddies that get to take what they want from others?

So much stupidity in your argument point.
NO, walk up to the table get what you want and stop being an idiot.
I'm better than you so I got to take what you picked when I decided I didn't like what I picked or couldn't make up my mind is the most stupid rule ever.

Browse the prize table before hand if you wish, they usually have it all out there, make up your mind and go get it.

Your idea is even more stupid than you realize, now what everyone stands around the prize table for hours arguing over who can take what they want from someone else all the way down the row? Or is it only your Jersey buddies that get to take what they want from others?
If you actually shot matches you would understand the logistics of how prize tables work. You don't know what's left and etiquette is to let those before you pick before you grab something. The only reason more than one person is up there is to get people out of their quicker.

It's a national championship match. People have spent untold hours and dollars to get to that point. They deserve to be rewarded for their performance despite what the trolls and non match shooters think.

Don't like it, go play the lottery, a slot machine or some other game of chance where your skills don't matter.

You should really stop talking about this subject, as you clearly have no idea how this all works.

Without a link to a video of the event, this all seems like speculation.

I do like the idea of youth being involved in sport. In this context they can learn about trigger control, breath control, positions, etc.

They can also see greed, and selfishness, and ego. They can learn about grace, and kindness, and charity.

Then they can choose their own path.

Reactions: Baron23 and lash
If it would take too long to call each winner up individually to walk, then announce all the winners at once, then give each person a ticket. Then after all the fanfare, let them all walk the prize table on their own time by handing in a ticket/number in order. No more drama. Solves the problem. If it would take too long, deal with it. You want your prize, you can wait 5 minutes.
Fuck that. Let them all run up to the table at the same time, whoever makes it outside say a 5 yard perimeter can keep what they have in their possession. Maybe pay per view it.

I like matches that don't have prizes. Though have been to a few where the top shooters get something small or a little gadget for their rifle. Nothing much over $200. This is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, yet we have douche clowns that seem to need a prize at everything.

Hell I am happy with the 3D printed little 1st place trophy I got, along with the others. All of these sponsored shooters are ass hats typically and take all the fun out of these events. My son has started shooting with me and my local MD, much like Lash, doesn't charge a fee for youth. So we get to shoot together and have fun.

Reactions: lash
I see someone has changed their tune now that they are selling prize table shit . Before it was...worthless fucks only come for the prize table shit . Must have actually made it to a match and picked up a certificate ?

You totally missed the point because you didn’t read what I wrote. It’s not an expectation, it’s a chance, like buying a raffle ticket, except the odds are better. Like when your football team is in the big game and your dumb ass wears your jersey to work.

Ah, I see...

So you wear football jerseys to work?

I don't understand why people expect corporations to subsidize their hobbies.

Exactly. The shooting industry isn't huge. They're building the cost of all these sponsored items into their bottom line.

I have a feeling some companies could cut their prices 30-40% or more for everyone if they quit giving free stuff to everyone who asked.

I also know when we started cold calling for sponsorships and asking if we could simply get a few items at cost in return for putting up banners and including them on any and all promotional material they were happy to talk to us.

not reading all the replies so sorry if answered in other posts/ but wasnt it technically MATT'S prize to be had. like it was his turn to pick and the kid had grabbed the item earlier than should have?

not reading all the replies so sorry if answered in other posts/ but wasnt it technically MATT'S prize to be had. like it was his turn to pick and the kid had grabbed the item earlier than should have?
Addressed earlier in the thread. Apparently the prize pick order of finishers was slightly different than in the past. He thought it was him before her, but not the case maybe?

Addressed earlier in the thread. Apparently the prize pick order of finishers was slightly different than in the past. He thought it was him before her, but not the case maybe?
gotcha. its always been a shit show when ive been to matches for the prize table unless you place everything liner and you can look before hand and just 1 at a time thru the chute. but that takes forever.

but also Matt has given up his spot to jr/new shooters mutliple matches, and a 5 yr ban is fucking trash. even cheaters didnt get that

Wow I didn't realize just how stupid some people can make what should be a simple process.

I think it should work like this......

1st place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

2nd place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

3rd place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

If it doesn't work like that then it's just fucking stupid especially if someone has the option to change their mind and take a prize someone else has already chosen.

While taking something out of anybody's hands is a complete dick move, a five year ban (if that is accurate, too many threads to follow) is a LONG time, especially given the youth shooter's DAD says this whole thing has been overblown. Isn't like he cheated like those fishing tournament dudes last year.

Lessons have been learned, actions have been owned, apologies have been accepted. Let the man compete next season, have MDs give explicit briefings on prize table procedure and ediquette, and **handle business outside of social media**.

One of the most disgusting displays I’ve seen was at a match (PRS, pro-series) where the MD did individual callouts for the top shooters and then started down through the list and down around 20th place he said “okay the rest of you go grab something”.

Grown ass men rushed the table like 13 year olds at a Taylor Swift concert. Greedy motherfuckers were carting armloads of shit out the door.

I don’t think big tables are “participation trophies” and no one wants to take the time to do a 2 minutes per shooter situation for more than a couple of shooters. Personally, I think it’s a bad look when a jersey boi takes a trophy and a check and the most (as a commodity) valuable prize (even stranger when it’s from a company they are sponsored by) but hey, winners win and losers should shoot better.

There does need to be some organization and maybe even some discussion of expectations before prizes start because there does seem to be an eagerness to toss integrity aside in the face of free stuff.

lol, I’d happily walk away from a match with a new hat or bottle of Hoppes. 😄
If I bring home one more shooting related hat my wife will leave me. I don’t even wear hats. Ever. But somehow at every match I end up with two or three more. The local goodwill will literally refuse any more Vortex or Hornady hats from me.

If I bring home one more shooting related hat my wife will leave me. I don’t even wear hats. Ever. But somehow at every match I end up with two or three more. The local goodwill will literally refuse any more Vortex or Hornady hats from me.
Lol, I feel this....

Wow I didn't realize just how stupid some people can make what should be a simple process.

I think it should work like this......

1st place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

2nd place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

3rd place finisher come up and get the prize you want you have exactly two minutes to grab the prize you want once you make your selection no refunds see ya.

If it doesn't work like that then it's just fucking stupid especially if someone has the option to change their mind and take a prize someone else has already chosen.

And with 270 shooters it would take 9 hours to get through it with this 2 minute per shooter layout. Pass.

Wait, I just realized it. We don’t need to streamline the prize tables format. We need to make it even more turbulent. This is just the sort of drama that pulls in eyeballs. Forget televising shooting comps as a spectator sport. Let’s make the table walk a spectator sport…

• Haha
Reactions: Jack_L and lash
There's some clarification in another thread. My original scenario was pretty close to what happened. Except he was waiting for the shooter before him to grab their prize and the MD allowed the youth shooter to the prize table prematurely.

I think the only thing he's guilty of is asking the youth shooter for the prize he in actuality had first right of refusal to. Now he's getting dragged over the internet coals and got a ban that seems out of proportion to his actions. He's made a formal and appropriate apology as well. There's also a lot of testimony to his character and it's by and large very good.
Come on, on what planet should taking something out of the hands of a youth shooter be excused?

Regardless of who's turn it really was, there is no plausible reason to take anything away from a child. I'm certain a shooter that came in second really does not need anything off a prize table, and certainly not enough to warrant stiff-arming a child...

Reactions: Baron23
One of the most disgusting displays I’ve seen was at a match (PRS, pro-series) where the MD did individual callouts for the top shooters and then started down through the list and down around 20th place he said “okay the rest of you go grab something”.
I feel like I was at this match cuz I have a similar memory... 😆 Circa 2019?

Quit letting people walk up and finger fuck the prizes. 1st, 2nd, 3rd wins a set prize. You get what you are given. Shut up and don't whine about it.

The rest of the participation trophy prizes are behind glass like a Chucky Cheese prize booth. And can be traded for a number of raffle tickets gifted for participating and/or additional earned for enhanced performance in whatever sub categories. For example "best window licker".

Come on, on what planet should taking something out of the hands of a youth shooter be excused?

Regardless of who's turn it really was, there is no plausible reason to take anything away from a child. I'm certain a shooter that came in second really does not need anything off a prize table, and certainly not enough to warrant stiff-arming a child...
Where did I say he should be excused?🤷‍♂️

Jersey shooters are tier-1 cock smokers but have to refuse tips because pimps think it’s bad business. But these same world class cocksucks bitch about driving 6-12 hours one-way to put on their pride shirt in public? Listen, I don’t have any beef with the rainbow shirts as long as they keep to themselves like everyone else. But when they come out of the woods and parade their degenerate policing of 6mm brass and posing on RRS tripods in front of the kids, I feel responsible to Make Bullying Great Again.

• Haha
Jersey shooters are tier-1 cock smokers but have to refuse tips because pimps think it’s bad business. But these same world class cocksucks bitch about driving 6-12 hours one-way to put on their pride shirt in public? Listen, I don’t have any beef with the rainbow shirts as long as they keep to themselves like everyone else. But when they come out of the woods and parade their degenerate policing of 6mm brass and posing on RRS tripods in front of the kids, I feel responsible to Make Bullying Great Again.

:eek:
Doh!

:oops:

I just realized y'all are talking about sponsored shooters, wearing a "jersey."

I thought everybody was posting about shooters from New Jersey, thinking, they have that many PRS shooters from New Jersey??? :cautious: