• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS rimfire director bullies youth shooter at prize table

This is still the unanswered question for me.

How many shooters/top shooters get a real prize?" Top 5? Top 10? Top 15? Top 20? Top 25?

At what point are they just handing out participation prizes?

It's easy to tell the guys on this thread who get butt hurt when they don't get their "participation prize"....LOL
I’ve finished everywhere from 1st overall to 160th at matches big enough to have a prize table. I’ve never pulled anything off a table that had a retail value of less than $150 and only once took something that I had no conceivable use for, mostly because it was the last thing there. A free Thunderbeast suppressor, Chassis systems from XLR AND MDT both, muzzle brakes, reloading supplies, gift cards to Scheels, scope mounts, enough 30% vortex certs to wallpaper a room, Foundation, Wiebad, and on and on. So, participation prizes? I guess that depends on what you consider to be a “real” prize.

The fact that you used the phrase “real prize” to make a value judgment about someone else’s experience tells us all a lot about which guy you are at the match and at the prize table.

It’s Lagniappe as the Cajuns would say. A little something extra. And really a far cry from making tiny little trophies for each competitor, in the spirit of “participation trophies”.

No one feels entitled. The gear is donated and those that perform deserve it. Don't like it...shoot better or stay home and cry and bitch about matches like half the people in here. It's easier to do that then go try something hard.
I agree, ditch the prize table and do cash payouts to the top 5 winners like NSCA shoots. Solicit vendor/sponsor money and add it to the cash payouts for the top 5 winners.

This is still the unanswered question for me.

How many shooters/top shooters get a real prize?" Top 5? Top 10? Top 15? Top 20? Top 25?

At what point are they just handing out participation prizes?

It's easy to tell the guys on this thread who get butt hurt when they don't get their "participation prize"....LOL
It depends on the match. Having shot in almost every major match with 200+ people from West Coast to East Coast, the prizes can be quite lucrative to mediocre.

I'm so confused by your posts since it's obvious you haven't shot a major national match. There are no "participation prizes." You walk in the order of where you finished.

I have won everything from a Thunderbeast Suppressor, Foundation Stocks, 500 ct Alpha Brass, Kestrel, Swarovski Certificate, etc to a loading block or pen holder.

I’ve finished everywhere from 1st overall to 160th at matches big enough to have a prize table. I’ve never pulled anything off a table that had a retail value of less than $150 and only once took something that I had no conceivable use for, mostly because it was the last thing there.
Thankyou you finally my question has been answered!
I'm so confused by your posts since it's obvious you haven't shot a major national match. There are no "participation prizes." You walk in the order of where you finished.
No, I have not and said that earlier I assumed that only the top 20 or so shooters got anything.
I figured the rest of the people under that got a "better luck next time" and the fun memories of the competition.

The fact that you used the phrase “real prize” to make a value judgment about someone else’s experience tells us all a lot about which guy you are at the match and at the prize table.
I said that in the thinking that the value of the prizes reflects the position of the finish.
Is it so crazy to think that someone who finishes in the top 5 would get a prize worth more than someone in the bottom 5?

Sigh. If you want validation of what I've been arguing against this week, look no further than this thread. Here we have many of the "have's" arguing against a literal game here in the Pit in which they've sunk thousands of dollars into to play. And here they are publicly arguing about the injustice of the prize table because their ROI doesn't reflect what they perceive as fair... in a game... which they fully entered into and sunk thousands upon thousands of dollars while at the same time turning a blind eye at best against the service industry workers pulling in 60+ hour weeks. You can't make this up.

-LD

Sigh. If you want validation of what I've been arguing against this week, look no further than this thread. Here we have many of the "have's" arguing against a literal game here in the Pit in which they've sunk thousands of dollars into to play. And here they are publicly arguing about the injustice of the prize table because their ROI doesn't reflect what they perceive as fair... in a game... which they fully entered into and sunk thousands upon thousands of dollars while at the same time turning a blind eye at best against the service industry workers pulling in 60+ hour weeks. You can't make this up.

-LD
cd07f3de939c17c144e0b82e8601334a.jpg

-LD
WTF? What are you on about?

-LD

giphy (15).gif

Stop cluttering my feed with your disenfranchised griffonage.
Now be gone. You are on ignore and you are still fucking up my feed.
FROSE

The rest of you, quit quoting this drippy cunt.

Fucking Jerry Springer show up in here.
Whoever started these "prize tables" should be used as a pinata.
This ain't hard to settle out. As someone else already pointed out. Make classes for the pro's and the amateur. Depending on the number of entrants in each class they pay out for a certain percentage. Then they get whatever "prize" the match director designated goes to that position. Trade it, sell it or throw it in the trash. That's the way a majority of other sporting competitions operate.

Fucking Jerry Springer show up in here.
Whoever started these "prize tables" should be used as a pinata.
This ain't hard to settle out. As someone else already pointed out. Make classes for the pro's and the amateur. Depending on the number of entrants in each class they pay out for a certain percentage. Then they get whatever "prize" the match director designated goes to that position. Trade it, sell it or throw it in the trash. That's the way a majority of other sporting competitions operate.
Welcome to the AG Cup

Fuck that. Let them all run up to the table at the same time, whoever makes it outside say a 5 yard perimeter can keep what they have in their possession. Maybe pay per view it.
And hand them each a Hot Shot (electric cattle prod) on there way to the table.
Should speed up the slow walkers
And be good entertainment while waiting your turn. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Im2bent
I agree, ditch the prize table and do cash payouts to the top 5 winners like NSCA shoots. Solicit vendor/sponsor money and add it to the cash payouts for the top 5 winners.
Money brings out the worst in most people....