• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
....you're not understanding. I know that they're building my rifle....or finishing the rifle. But most of the folks that made their final payments on the same day as me had their rifles ship last week. Order numbers both before and after mine. I was simply stating that my order may have slipped through the cracks (what it sounded like) and putting the information out there in case anyone else is in the same boat. Or mine could have just been last on the list. Just trying to share information. People have been waiting for the rifles for a long time.

My comments were meant to be tongue in cheek, I'm yankin yur chain.

Got my JH rifle in 6.5cm and it’s a beaut. Got it cleaned up and ready to hit the range the next couple days breaking in and testing speeds/groups.

I’ll keep updating as I go.

Still haven’t decided which optic I’m going to mount tonight. I currently have a Gen2 razor, a K624i and an ATACR 4-16 with no home. I’ll have a couple beers and think about it. Lol.

One thing to note, apparently there’s no coupon for a PVA brake anymore in the box (unless my ffl ganked it which I doubt). I was only going to test their brake because of the discount, so for now I’ll be using my Area419 hellfire.

Edit: and yes, for anyone who saw my previous post, I shortened a vacation to get home to my rifle I’d been waiting over a year for. ?

Mine took 200rds for the barrel to speed up and settle down. Don’t bother working up a load till you put 200rds down the tube to break it in. Mine went a full 120fps faster with the same load from new to round 200. Enjoy your new rifle man.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Mammoth, did you look on the small user manual box for the discount code? Mine was on the lower left corner of the label, where my battery is sitting. It’s possible the codes were only given up to a certain date.

Oh, and....

default_worthlesswithoutpics%5B1%5D.gif

I'll post some pics up! haha, my work bench was a disaster so I didn't want to embarass myself.

I'll look for that box, my packaging was BADLY damaged so that may be why I didnt see it.

Mine took 200rds for the barrel to speed up and settle down. Don’t bother working up a load till you put 200rds down the tube to break it in. Mine went a full 120fps faster with the same load from new to round 200. Enjoy your new rifle man.

I saw that, and had planned accordingly :) I've got a few hundred rounds of generic rounds loaded up just to watch the speeds until it flattens.

I'm also happy to say that whatever "bump on close" problem the bolts were having seems to be completely absent on my unit. Smooth as silk.

Dang it. I didn’t realize that. I only have 90 rounds down mine. I guess I need to go shoot it some more.

I'll post some pics up! haha, my work bench was a disaster so I didn't want to embarass myself.

I'll look for that box, my packaging was BADLY damaged so that may be why I didnt see it.

Yep, that was the one concern, and a little disappointment, I had when my rifle arrived, it’s not packaged well at all. The zip ties they use had pulled loose and the rifle was just flopping around in the box. PVA should really pack their rifles better. A little foam would go a long way at protecting them a little better.

Yep, that was the one concern, and a little disappointment, I had when my rifle arrived, it’s not packaged well at all. The zip ties they use had pulled loose and the rifle was just flopping around in the box. PVA should really pack their rifles better. A little foam would go a long way at protecting them a little better.

Agreed. At least there's netting on the barrel but the gun was literally flopping around, box was heavily damaged and had gotten wet/falling apart.

I know they're saving costs everywhere they can for the price point but it was a bit disappointing.

Agreed. At least there's netting on the barrel but the gun was literally flopping around, box was heavily damaged and had gotten wet/falling apart.

I know they're saving costs everywhere they can for the price point but it was a bit disappointing.
That’s not how mine arived. Mine was secure and had no movement in the box.

I'm in denial
While I agree, I also think an update with some time frames (possible order mumbers) would alleviate the calls and emails that they're getting.

Time frames.... that is funny.... they tried that at the start.... look how that is working..... last one I got says I should have my gun by now

Would be nice if PVA would provide an update.

Facts:
I’ve been emailed twice now that I need to pay - once in Dec with a quick mea culpa from Jeremy that because my order is a Left Hand rifle, it was in error.

Then I received the email again on Jan 14. I paid the next day. I asked to confirm FFL. Jeremey emails and tells me that actually I don’t have to worry about paying right away since they are at SHOT and still working through the LH chassis mods.

I emailed again on Feb 1 and Feb 11 - no responses.

Again - would be nice to have an update.

I understand how situations like this happen, and throughout my career have been exposed to this many times. Unfortunate and tough to work through (from all sides). I’m still looking forward to receiving a PVA built rifle.

Its nice you trust a business so whole heartedly that an order placed in excess of 1 year ago is getting anyones attention. I like that level of positive thought.

Well...what real choice does anyone have? People are starting to get their orders, and the deposits are non refundable. I don't think anyone seriously thinks PVA is going to make off with deposits and never deliver.

ARC swore over and over and over at SHOT that they were in full tilt boogie production mode now so hopefully we start to see some folks get satisfaction.

Reactions: Last Chance
Mammoth, did you look on the small user manual box for the discount code? Mine was on the lower left corner of the label, where my battery is sitting. It’s possible the codes were only given up to a certain date.

View attachment 7022883

Oh, and....

default_worthlesswithoutpics%5B1%5D.gif
The code was there but it didnt have the text yours does! Just the code.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Do we have any idea on how many JH rifles have been sold and how many have been delivered?
not that I am aware of. I have an order for a JH in the range of #38xx but I know that is just website orders for all items. I know some folks have received parts that they ordered (brakes, nuts, etc) that were after my order.

I don't need an exact date it'll be ready but just an idea of how many they are shipping a month now that things are "back to normal and on schedule with new processes and machinery" so that we have some idea of when we might get the rifles. I would assume that some smaller optioned rifles may ship later (left hand or different bolt faces?) so I tried to keep mine simple- right hand, 6.5CM, FDE stock.

This will be my first long distance rifle and just having some idea if I'll be able to shoot this summer or fall would be nice for making plans.

I so want to call/email and ask about a status, but that would likely just add to my impatience and slow down PVA... so, I'll post here (I'm order 2331, JHR in 6.5C)
plus, it's -6 w/o windchill right now, and I'm just not masochistic enough to realistically be shooting in this weather anyway.

on a related topic, would this be a good choice for a Steiner with a 56mm bell?
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-4901-34mm-picatinny-mount-9mil-30moa-1-181/
might as well get some accessories ordered so when the rifle & scope arrive I'm ready to go...

I would say no. The Nucleus rail already has 20 MOA built in. Adding another 30 MOA of cant may be too much. You may not be able to get a 100 yard zero and your certainly won’t be near the center of erector travel unless most of your shooting is 1400 yds +.

I would say no. The Nucleus rail already has 20 MOA built in. Adding another 30 MOA of cant may be too much. You may not be able to get a 100 yard zero and your certainly won’t be near the center of erector travel unless most of your shooting is 1400 yds +.
Your bullet drops about 2in at 100yds and hob is about 2in so you start with about 4 moa down. 50 - 4 = 46 x 2 = 92. So in a perfect world (haha) a scope with 92 moa of elevation would work in a 50 moa cant. The erector would be jammed to one side. DON'T try to cut it so close unless you can swap out the mount with ease.

Reactions: moshek
Your bullet drops about 2in at 100yds and hob is about 2in so you start with about 4 moa down. 50 - 4 = 46 x 2 = 92. So in a perfect world (haha) a scope with 92 moa of elevation would work in a 50 moa cant. The erector would be jammed to one side. DON'T try to cut it so close unless you can swap out the mount with ease.
This is the clearest explanation I’ve seen so far for the maximum possible scope mount angle. Obviously there would be trade offs when pushing to the limit of the scope.

Yeah when you push the limits of travel the optical quality drops off, also. Nothing you can do about it, it's physics.

My Nucleus (20 MOA base) has an ARC 20 MOA scope mount (40 total), and with my Vortex AMG 6-24 I have about 3 mils 'above' my zero at 100yd. You can see bias in the black around the FoV because you're looking at the outer edge of the available 'image' from the front lens assy. As I get down 5 or 10 mils (1000+yd), the optical quality is much better.

Being this is a dedicated 1000+yd 300 PRC rig, that's fine. If I was going to be running PRS matches where I'd never dial over 10-13 mils or so, I'd use the 20 MOA base and 0 MOA mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.