• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Radian Raptor on AR 10

it’s just a charging handle. Nothing revolutionary. Maybe the silencer optimized version helps with gases but I think it’s subjective. I have a few, I can’t tell the difference between a radian and a BCM charging handle

If you have larger scope anything that has an extended handle makes life easier, but a Milspec handle still works for many.

Odds are; you won’t find an AR10 radian in stock at this time. Most sites are on back order. So I’d go with whatever you can find that has an extended handle

I use them on my scoped rifles... for me...the ambi and larger tabs makes it easier to work around the shoulder end of the scope.
Agreed. I have a standard one on an AR15 and the LT (plastic handle) version on an Aero M5 build. Great if you can find them and don't mind the extra cost. For rifles with less obtrusive optics, standard charging handles work just fine. FWIW, I really like the Strike Industries Latchless CH for any rifle that will be slung over my back - the low profile handles keep it from digging into my side compared to the BCM extended style.

Reactions: bfoosh006
I have ambi handles on all my AR's, I like them. Having the ambi feature is nice for chamber checks and such, I never run the handle like they were initially designed. The Radian LT is nice for guns in trucks and other areas where the charging handle can chew things up. The BCM handles feel much more robust but I don't think they make them for AR-10's. I have yet to have a function issue on any of them.

Different strokes for different folks. Having said that, Ive definitely found some charging handles people dont like and suck rather bad. Ive never found anyone who didnt love their radian raptor. when they first came out they were the bees knees. alot of companies have ripped off their design and so you have a whole lot more choices in the ambi world than you used to.
theres also quite a few companies that stamp their own name on raptors and sell them as their own. Used to have a Umbrella Corp branded raptor.
you can blade it and it doesnt bind. you can hit it from either side. and like previous people have said, not sure how much difference the SD makes when it comes to minimizing blowback.