• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Random Stuff

Not much mate, had an encounter with a 12 foot one of these last week.....

photos-13-17.jpg

Not much mate, had an encounter with a 12 foot one of these last week.....

photos-13-17.jpg

You know, I hate snakes.......But, I'm kind of wondering......Does this one have fangs/is it poisonous ? Just curious, not even sure why. We don't get snakes on the Seattle side of the Cascades, so I'm completley ignorant on the subject (but smart enough to know I DON'T like them).

Reactions: Barneybdb
This is an Australian fruit bat
85661182.jpg

Many years ago we were living on the Air Force base in Darwin, our house was less than a mile from the flight line so I used a bicycle to get to and from work, very basic, no gears, no lights. I was on my way home about 3 am after night flying, street lights used to go off at midnight, there was total cloud cover so was totally pitch black. I could just make out the white line on the road, suddenly something slammed into my chest and knocked me off the bike, I could feel sharp claws digging in to me and something leathery and also with sharp claws beating me around the head. By this stage I was bleeding rather profusely and still did not understand what was happening. I eventually managed to kill my assailant and managed to complete my journey home. Went into the bathroom to clean up and survey the damage, must have woken the wife up as she came in and accused me of getting in a bar fight. Tried to explain but she would not listen, by this stage it was apparent that I was going to need medical treatment. I got her to go past where the incident happened on the way to the med centre, on the side of the road was a freshly dead fruit bat with a 6+ foot wingspan, about twice the size of the one pictured. After a few stitches and a Rabies shot I managed to get home and she did apologise.

I would not have gone back. That's when shit goes downhill in every horror movie I've ever seen.

You know, I hate snakes.......But, I'm kind of wondering......Does this one have fangs/is it poisonous ? Just curious, not even sure why. We don't get snakes on the Seattle side of the Cascades, so I'm completley ignorant on the subject (but smart enough to know I DON'T like them).

Generally down here any snake over about 8 feet is non venomous but that does not mean that they can't kill you.

So, you're saying the small ones are the grim reaper ? That's just great.........isn't it ?

This section of the thread is solid gold. The big snakes carry you out into the bush where the small ones poison your sorry ass.

Then they both eat you and build a cage with your bones, because, obviously, they like Warren Zevon.

^ You had four dudes holding your junk? I believe I'd quit drinking...

No way, no gay. I felt like my snake was that full of piss! The mistake was playing this video after 3 quick beers and 2 shots of "good" tequila:

And quit pretending, unless all of you drink only tea - which I know isn't true. Some nights - and they are extremely rare for me - the beast has to be drowned. First hangover in 25+ years, and it was overdue. No apology, motherfuckers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Thanks.... just a quick little project..., fucker slipped in the 3 jaw, took nearly an hour to polish out all the marring.

Gonna try to find some more hex and make a matching screw driver handle

That was originally hex bar all the way down ? Haysoos......I would have turned the round/rod portion into a pretzel long before you got it down to the small diameter. Nice job !

Reactions: Barneybdb
That was originally hex bar all the way down ? Haysoos......I would have turned the round/rod portion into a pretzel long before you got it down to the small diameter. Nice job !
its not too bad if you use a a live center

although i did make the mistake of turning it down before i drilled and threaded the tip......trying to drill a hole at the end of a 4" long .25 diameter rod puckered my ass up pretty good, haha

its not too bad if you use a a live center

although i did make the mistake of turning it down before i drilled and threaded the tip......trying to drill a hole at the end of a 4" long .25 diameter rod puckered my ass up pretty good, haha

Ya......that's my point. I woulda' dicked it up WITH a live center..........:LOL: You did a really nice job !