• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Random Stuff

85527616.jpg

Made an air cannon to launch bait. Strictly air pressure, no propane or other explosive gasses. Using an air compressor. Had it to 80 lbs and launched over 100 ft. After wading out into the surf, to waist level, we launched, and it went past the furthest line of surf.
OK, so no big deal, however, I find myself at the phase of "How can I make this better?". I'd like to find a 2 inch sprinkler valve , since I think that a one inch valve reduced from a 3 inch chamber to 2" then 1" then back up again to 2" is somewhat restricting the volume coming out (using a sprinkler valve allows instant flow of all the pressure. A ball valve is way to slow for my taste. Pressure remains the same, but the gradient and impulse may be slowed.
Plans are available on You Tube. Schedule 40 is adequate, however I am thinking a schedule 80 complete build could go to higher pressures, allowing for those 200 yard shots. Also going to a full 100 lbs next trip. Could lead to a lot of experimentation. One can build these for around 50 dollars, or so. Store bought/mail order goes for between 300-600 bucks depending.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Hillary Clinton goes to a gifted-student primary school in New York to talk about the world.

After her talk she offers question time. One little boy puts up his hand. Hillary asks him what his name is.

"Kenneth" he says. "And what is your question, Kenneth, she asks.

"I have three questions" he says. "First - what ever happened in Benghazi? Second - why would you run for president if you are not capable of handling two email accounts? And, third - what ever happened to the missing six billion dollars while you were secretary of state?"

Just then the bell rings for recess. Hillary informs the kiddies that they will continue after the break.

When they resume Hillary says "Okay, where were we? Oh, that's right, question time. Who has a question?"

A different boy, little Johnny, puts his hand up. Hillary points to him and asks him what his name is. "Johnny" he says. "And what is your question, Johnny?" she asks.

"I have five questions" he says. "First - whatever happened in Benghazi? Second - why would you run for president if you are not capable of handling two email accounts? "Third - what ever happened to the missing six billion dollars while you were secretary of state? Fourth - why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early? "And, fifth - where the fuck is Kenneth?"

Reminds me of the kid across the street. He was staying with his grandpa, mom wasn't capable of looking after him. Rode the short bus to and from school. 13 years old, 6'1", 185#'s. Just recently moved away, back east somewhere. I could just feel problems potentially developing in my bones. Lots of elderly widows in the neighborhood.....Probably all for the better.

Reminds me of the kid across the street. He was staying with his grandpa, mom wasn't capable of looking after him. Rode the short bus to and from school. 13 years old, 6'1", 185#'s. Just recently moved away, back east somewhere. I could just feel problems potentially developing in my bones. Lots of elderly widows in the neighborhood.....Probably all for the better.

Isn't it time for your Jazzercise Classes? :LOL:

1523208251064.png

Reactions: abizdafuzz