• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Random Stuff

2XjjTSE.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ms-C-SECTION-shark-releases-98-live-pups.html

Fisherman performs C-SECTION on dead shark and releases 98 pups into the sea
  • Mathew Orlov, 46 noticed the moving stomach of the shark after he reeled it in
  • Performing an impromptu c-section on the shark he pulled out 98 pups in total
  • The birth took nine minutes as Mathew threw the sharks back into the wild as they were born

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hark-releases-98-live-pups.html#ixzz5CWqmvJ3m
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Reactions: 1J04
Thought this was pretty good and wanted to share it
Mike
Something to ponder !
Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, died a billionaire. Here are some of his last thoughts and words:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success.

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I have become accustomed to.

At this moment, I am on my sick bed, and recalling my life. I realize that all of the recognition and wealth in which I took so much pride,have become meaningless in the face of my impending death.

You can employ someone to drive a car for you, and to make money for you, but you cannot employ anyone to bear illness for you.

Material things, when lost, can be found, but the one thing, that can never be found when it is lost, is your health and eventually your life itself.

When a person goes into the operating room, he realizes that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading, "The Book of Healthy Life".

Whatever stage in life we are at currently, in time we all face that day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse and love for your friends. Treat yourself well, and cherish others.

As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000.00 or a $30.00 watch is not important. The time is the same.

Whether we carry a $30,000 or $30.00 wallet/handbag, the contents are the same.

Whether we drink a bottle of $100 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same.

Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 sq. ft., the loneliness is the same.

Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down, you go down with it.

You will come to realize that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Therefore, treasure your buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters. Chat often, laugh, sing songs with them.

Talk about north-south-east-west, or heaven & earth. That is true happiness.”

Six Undeniable Facts of Life

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value of things, and not just their price.

2. "Eat your food as your medicines, otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The one who loves you will never leave you for another, because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he, or she, will find that one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die.In between, only YOU are in charge of your life.

6. If you just want to walk fast, then walk alone. However, if you want to walk far, then walk together.

The Seven Best Doctors:

1. GOD
2. Sunlight----------
3. Rest
4. Exercise
5. Diet
6. Self Confidence
7. Friends

Thought this was pretty good and wanted to share it
Mike
Something to ponder !
Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, died a billionaire. Here are some of his last thoughts and words:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success.

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I have become accustomed to.

At this moment, I am on my sick bed, and recalling my life. I realize that all of the recognition and wealth in which I took so much pride,have become meaningless in the face of my impending death.

You can employ someone to drive a car for you, and to make money for you, but you cannot employ anyone to bear illness for you.

Material things, when lost, can be found, but the one thing, that can never be found when it is lost, is your health and eventually your life itself.

When a person goes into the operating room, he realizes that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading, "The Book of Healthy Life".

Whatever stage in life we are at currently, in time we all face that day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse and love for your friends. Treat yourself well, and cherish others.

As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000.00 or a $30.00 watch is not important. The time is the same.

Whether we carry a $30,000 or $30.00 wallet/handbag, the contents are the same.

Whether we drink a bottle of $100 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same.

Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 sq. ft., the loneliness is the same.

Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down, you go down with it.

You will come to realize that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Therefore, treasure your buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters. Chat often, laugh, sing songs with them.

Talk about north-south-east-west, or heaven & earth. That is true happiness.”

Six Undeniable Facts of Life

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value of things, and not just their price.

2. "Eat your food as your medicines, otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The one who loves you will never leave you for another, because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he, or she, will find that one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die.In between, only YOU are in charge of your life.

6. If you just want to walk fast, then walk alone. However, if you want to walk far, then walk together.

The Seven Best Doctors:

1. GOD
2. Sunlight----------
3. Rest
4. Exercise
5. Diet
6. Self Confidence
7. Friends

Thanks Mike...:D

This seems kind of tame, however, I (KG5TKV) was trying to make contact with Tonopah NV on EchoLink (from central Texas), and ended up talking to one fellow there (K7LAF), and one fellow from Fallon, NV (K7NNV), who happened to be in the Canal. Yeah, that canal. His cruise ship had been headed to Nicaragua, but was declined berthing and had to turn around and head back to Mexico, to an alternate port of call. Apparently "Too Dangerous To Land". I had to ask, what made him book a cruise to those places as someplace desirable and exotic, to visit? Well, otherwise it was pretty cool to talk to someone who happened to be on a cruise ship that far away.

Hey guys, we're in the process of setting up our range. We got out to 900 yards. I build a bench to try and and am thinking we should have benches at 1-3-5-7 and 900 yards. Also put up a piece of steel. I'm looking for suggestions on what to build for the even yardage, maybe multi height barricades? Also what other type of steel should we get? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Mike
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey guys, we're in the process of setting up our range. We got out to 900 yards. I build a bench to try and and am thinking we should have benches at 1-3-5-7 and 900 yards. Also put up a piece of steel. I'm looking for suggestions on what to build for the even yardage, maybe multi height barricades? Also what other type of steel should we get? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Mike
View attachment 6899111View attachment 6899112View attachment 6899113

Nice job Mike. Do what ya will, but I'd put up a little structure around the benches with overhead. I wouldn't hesitate going whole hog. ;)

Reactions: Mike 556
Nice job Mike. Do what ya will, but I'd put up a little structure around the benches with overhead. I wouldn't hesitate going whole hog. ;)
1J, agreed, a little cover over a few benches would be great for the hot sunny days and a little shelter from the elements. This could quickly turn into gentleman shooting!:) I like your thinking, go big or stay home!
Mike

Just heading out to celebrate a good friends birthday, might have something a little latter for the Nom, Nom thread.:)

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
1J, agreed, a little cover over a few benches would be great for the hot sunny days and a little shelter from the elements. This could quickly turn into gentleman shooting!:) I like your thinking, go big or stay home!
Mike

Beautiful spot. Already got hell for stout benches set. Hell, I'd go as far as putting a concrete pad. But ya, at least a little overhead shelter would be the cats ass, and gentlemanly. (y) Did I say great spot? :giggle:

Reactions: Mike 556
and here i (KC1ITW) only get old guys complaining about their ailments on the radio.....really need to get more into shortwave, 2M is a fuck-fest worse than CB......
Look into Echo-Link, if you don't want to spend the money on another high dollar radio and antennas out the ying yang. At least get a taste, see if it's worth it. Good luck.

Look into Echo-Link, if you don't want to spend the money on another high dollar radio and antennas out the ying yang. At least get a taste, see if it's worth it. Good luck.

.....isnt that the reason we got into ham in the first place, hahaha......

ive poked around Echolink a bit....will probably continue to look into it a bit more

Bristlecone. I live closer to bluecore but like Bristlecone better.
Plus I do a class for them about once a month so its nice.

I do miss the 100 yd range for load development without a drive though.

And if she ever wants to spend $ on guns I dont already own, I will make that happen. Is there one of us on here that wouldnt?

Seriously though, all sappy and stuff, she is simply amazing.
Headed to Estes Park and a King Suite at the Stanley for the weekend in about 22 hours..... it will be glorious!

This is an Australian fruit bat
85661182.jpg

Many years ago we were living on the Air Force base in Darwin, our house was less than a mile from the flight line so I used a bicycle to get to and from work, very basic, no gears, no lights. I was on my way home about 3 am after night flying, street lights used to go off at midnight, there was total cloud cover so was totally pitch black. I could just make out the white line on the road, suddenly something slammed into my chest and knocked me off the bike, I could feel sharp claws digging in to me and something leathery and also with sharp claws beating me around the head. By this stage I was bleeding rather profusely and still did not understand what was happening. I eventually managed to kill my assailant and managed to complete my journey home. Went into the bathroom to clean up and survey the damage, must have woken the wife up as she came in and accused me of getting in a bar fight. Tried to explain but she would not listen, by this stage it was apparent that I was going to need medical treatment. I got her to go past where the incident happened on the way to the med centre, on the side of the road was a freshly dead fruit bat with a 6+ foot wingspan, about twice the size of the one pictured. After a few stitches and a Rabies shot I managed to get home and she did apologise.

This is an Australian fruit bat
85661182.jpg

Many years ago we were living on the Air Force base in Darwin, our house was less than a mile from the flight line so I used a bicycle to get to and from work, very basic, no gears, no lights. I was on my way home about 3 am after night flying, street lights used to go off at midnight, there was total cloud cover so was totally pitch black. I could just make out the white line on the road, suddenly something slammed into my chest and knocked me off the bike, I could feel sharp claws digging in to me and something leathery and also with sharp claws beating me around the head. By this stage I was bleeding rather profusely and still did not understand what was happening. I eventually managed to kill my assailant and managed to complete my journey home. Went into the bathroom to clean up and survey the damage, must have woken the wife up as she came in and accused me of getting in a bar fight. Tried to explain but she would not listen, by this stage it was apparent that I was going to need medical treatment. I got her to go past where the incident happened on the way to the med centre, on the side of the road was a freshly dead fruit bat with a 6+ foot wingspan, about twice the size of the one pictured. After a few stitches and a Rabies shot I managed to get home and she did apologise.

You should have said to her: "c'mon, get in the car, I wanna show you what I did to the other guy!".....

Jeesuz Barney, is there anything down there that "won't" kill or maim you ? :cool: