• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Seems Numbers & Dead Hand stations are increasing

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
While most know the reasons behind these types of stations, they seem to be on the increase now. A few digital ones have been detected deep & weak within, skeg'ed net freq's as they start and end with each nets skeg. Hiding in plain sight is as old as the hills, but this seems to have a new twist.

I didn't see anything in the linked article around the topic of increased presence of number stations. A long fascinating topic to me a reader could get more info from UVB-76 or really UZB-76 from the wikipedia page. There are more then a few and more then just 2010 of recorded back ground voices and claims of a recent exchange with a hacker via the beeper eventually followed by countermeasures.

Swedish Rhapsody was probably the scariest one I can think of lol.

I don't believe these are 'switches' regardless of a possible increase of sameness in selection. I am surprised more messages have not been recorded in the last 2 years with the war however.

I didn't see anything in the linked article around the topic of increased presence of number stations.
Correct that link has nothing about that, its just something some of us have recently found ridding skeg'ed net freqs. Tracking those Tx'mtrs is much harder, plus they don't Tx from the same spot twice like your average station. Have to wonder about intent, based upon what is transpiring everywhere these days.

I hadn't thought of this stuff in a long time. Late 80's I'd listen to the women reading numbers off in Spanish. Always assumed it was drug trafficking related, but still creepy.

Numbers stations send coded messages to spooks world wide.
Dead hand stations are just that. If a station, nation, or group is comp'ed a auto message is sent indicating same w/ final target and disposition instructions. Could be as simple as lay low, come home, or release the dogs of war.