Night Vision Show & Tell Topic (pics of your kit)

Re: Show & Tell Topic (pics of your kit)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear.</div></div>Their is a big difference between work shit and personal shit. I'm not inclined in the least bit to take 20k worth of NV kit and rag it out like I might issued stuff. Think about it
smirk.gif
As far as guns are concerned...I shoot 'em till they fall apart, then I fix 'em or retire 'em
grin.gif

Considering the price of the equipment, it is very well taken care of.
I have a D-760 GenIII, MilSpec OSTI PVS-22, & ITT NQ PVS-14.
All three units were bought new & legally, and have been super reliable with no problems encountered.
The only issue I have had is that the D-760 will drain the batteries slightly faster than it should if they are left in the unit. You can't tell there has been any discharge until you start leaving them in the scope like 3-4 or more weeks. It's been like this for years, so I am not very worried about it.

Images

PRS2.jpg

_2237125.jpg

028.jpg

USO10X3.jpg

How do you hunt with guns that are to heavy to carry! those black rifles are heavy enough and with all that kit on too! JESUS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty high speed shit you guys got. Question though, do you guys actually use this stuff, including the rifles? Because with the exception of "rbhoover" all the gear looks to be brand new without the slightest bit of wear and tear. </div></div>

I swear that sounds like jealousy....

Here's my day-night observation system, but with only three of the six major components mounted:

* Zeiss Spotter 60 with five Picatinny mounting rails, on a Gitzo fluid head and tripod.

* PVS-14 P+ monocular with 3X magnifier, Larue mount.

* PEQ-2A IR illuminator, mil rail mount.

* CIRIS IR illuminator (not shown), Meyers rail mount.

* GLARE green laser for pointing out location of targets to those without NV (not shown), Meyers rail mount.

* Zeiss Z-Point red dot for quick system pointing at 1x (not shown), Zeiss mount.

SFKitcase003.jpg

Sweet set-up . & also for spotting for night time shooting with marking targets .
That will work & you will be surprised how well you will see . That peq2a will do a nice tight Ilum. beam also . For searching and marking @ night I run a raptor6 on a tri-pod with a 910nm laser . all mounted on a QD Pic-rail set-up on top the tri-pod .