• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Nice.
grin.gif

Widow--great
Dsm pm me your addy and I'll get funds moving in your direction
and -- ok I'll try, and host on the pass but you are a tough act to follow---That was an awesome weekend, I learned books full thanks guys both for memories and wisdom.
This weekend is booked but the following weekend is open if any one would be interested in a more in depth look at the pass with sticks and steels??

mattj - 26---PAID
blackwidow - 26---PAID
Tribe - 88---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
diggerline59 - 12.50---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
dontstrokeme - 58---PAYMENT DELINQUENT
ranger1183 - 100---LOVES TO DRIVE
f9wine - 69---PAID
rotorturner - 29---ROLLED HIS ATV BUT PLAYED IT COOL
Dafar - 25---SHOULD TURN VTR INTO 7-08
Don Page - 11---SHOULD STEAL DAFAR'S NEW 7-08
longeyes - 52---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mattj - 26---PAID
blackwidow - 26---PAID
Tribe - 88---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
diggerline59 - 12.50---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
dontstrokeme - 58---PAYMENT DELINQUENT
ranger1183 - 100---LOVES TO DRIVE
f9wine - 69---PAID
rotorturner - 29---ROLLED HIS ATV BUT PLAYED IT COOL
Dafar - 25---SHOULD TURN VTR INTO 7-08
Don Page - 11---SHOULD STEAL DAFAR'S NEW 7-08
longeyes - 52---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT </div></div>

PM me with method / address for paying you.

mattj - 27.82---PAID
blackwidow - 27.82---PAID
Tribe - 89.82---PAID
diggerline59 - 14.32---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
dontstrokeme - 59.82---PAYMENT DELINQUENT
ranger1183 - 101.82---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
f9wine - 70.82---PAID
rotorturner - 30.82---ROLLED HIS ATV BUT PLAYED IT COOL
Dafar - 26.82---SHOULD TURN VTR INTO 7-08
Don Page - 12.82---SHOULD STEAL DAFAR'S NEW 7-08
longeyes - 53.82---PAID

For got to get the shipping charge in there before....if you already sent payment no worries...I will cover my mistake.....

Shirts are here...if you have not paid please do so ASAP....beauty shirts and I personally would like to keep SniperCJ happy with us.

The Tan long sleeves are closer to kakhi but no worries...just incase you got a long and a short tan the longs are a little lighter.

The XXL shirts are just right for me and if I washed them hot or dired them hot they would be a little too snug....suggest a cold wash and a hang dry if yours fit tight...of course I am 6'9" and 283lbs....doctor visit today!

These people still owe....PM me for mailing address or PP account.

ranger1183 - 101.82---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT
longeyes - 53.82---PAYMENT IN TRANSIT

100_3551.jpg

100_3554.jpg

100_3552.jpg

100_3553.jpg

100_3555.jpg

The black ones look bitchin with the silver lettering.....let me know if anybody has to have them before the next FTF and we can get them shipped to you...otherwise we might have to do a little shootout around Longeye's area!!

Yea joe I am banging around the idea of a caliber conversion already. but I am looking at these options

308 vtr into a 260 remington or 6.5 creedmoor
300 wsm huntin rifle into a 7mm wsm heavy barrel or into a 260 with a bolt change

opinions welcomed

Did you shoot my 270WSM? I guess you have the 300WSM so you know the recoil and barrel heat associated with the WSM's....but I still think I would have been better off building up a 280AI or the likes....just to be able to go out and string 10-15 shots and not have the barrel scorching hot....where I can run it hard or just shoot mellow....I guess I could just down load the WSM a ways.

Page 2 won't do....where is everybody? Any talk of the central/OLY area scouting trip?

You girls throw on some coveralls and then go work outside in this heat!!! Yeah baby!! Close to 200oz of fluids today!

mattj - 27.82---PAID
blackwidow - 27.82---PAID
Tribe - 89.82---PAID
dontstrokeme - 59.82---PAYMENT DELINQUENT
ranger1183 - 101.82---PAID
f9wine - 70.82---PAID
longeyes - 53.82---PAID

What charge wt are you running Tribe? 46.? of Varget? 175SMK's correct? Do you know Velocity?...Going to start stockpiling 7-08 shit and looking at the 175SMK in .284 seems pretty slow 36.7gr Varget is max and yeilds 2400fps out of 26" barrel in the book....I am idealy going to end up with a 24" barrel.....reading that the RL17...I think is supposed to be the shit....but wondering if the 175SMK is the best pill for what I/we do out west? Possibly the 162Amax???? How much comeup did you need to get out to 1111? You run a canted 20MOA base also right?

44.7 Vgt, 175SMK's, 2680fps or there-abouts (seems to change every time I break out the chrony
wink.gif
), 12.5 mils from a 100yd zero to 1100... 24".

I'm supposed to be going transonic around 950... the 175's seem to handle it well... although, I can't say that I've tested anything else much.... got a hunch 220's may behave well along those lines... can't confirm yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">46.7 Vgt, 175SMK's, 2680fps or there-abouts (seems to change every time I break out the chrony
wink.gif
), 12.5 mils from a 100yd zero to 1100... 24".

I'm supposed to be going transonic around 950... the 175's seem to handle it well... although, I can't say that I've tested anything else much.... got a hunch 220's may behave well along those lines... can't confirm yet. </div></div>

Using 6.5mm-08 reloading data and 43.0 grains Reloader 17, I was shooting 142 grain SMK's at somewhere over 2800 fps using 9 MILS (9.1 mils? 9.2 mils?) from 200 yard zero to 1100 yards out of a 20" barrel.

That's way above my anticipated results for if I was shooting H-4350!

Ok....no worries...I thought I saw 46 on yout MTM cases....course I could have been high???
confused.gif

Any time you guys want to come back out you are more than welcome....we can always use that spot with the 400 yard range and the 660 yard across the valley.

It's going to get tough for me... football starts on the 11th... my Saturdays will be more or less booked for the next few months... I'll be looking at Sunday - Day trips when I can swing it....

Talked to my uncle....who is a fire investigator/inspector....somthing LEO anyways....enough to drive the Expedetion home everyday...anyways he said firing in dry weather is a-ok....if you start a forest fire you are responsible though.....for the cost of some water on the ground and one of Longeye's surplus tarps we should be 100% GTG.

If folks are up to it--dealing with the heat that is, I'm trying to get this sat freed up if any body is interested in a short notice just get to-it scouting/shooting day. I have a couple of issues I have to get handled on fri and if they go smooth I'm ready to go.--I'll have my tarp and some water cans and a shovel

Hey Joe,
the perverbial Check is in the mail, it went out this morning. I am sorry it took so long, It was tucked up in the overhead of my vehicle and I forgot about it.

Hey ranger talk 260 vx 6.5 creedmoor to me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Joe,
the perverbial Check is in the mail, it went out this morning. I am sorry it took so long, It was tucked up in the overhead of my vehicle and I forgot about it.

Hey ranger talk 260 vx 6.5 creedmoor to me </div></div>

talk "dirty" to you?
wink.gif

Ok, but first I have to get my speeding ticket payment from the SHWW shoot in the mail. be back in a few.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey ranger talk 260 vx 6.5 creedmoor to me </div></div>

In all seriousness, my opinion is that it's a ballistic toss-up regarding 260 Remington, 6.5 creedmoor, or 6.5x47 Lapua.

Also, IMO, the best brass I've seen for any of these three cartridges is made by Nosler (excellent quality - high price) and by Lapua (excellent value - good / hard brass). Those two sources do not supply 6.5mm Creedmore brass. How good is the Creedmore brass made by Hornady? I don't know.

260 Remington
---------------------------------------

Nosler is making Remington .260 brass. Great stuff / very expensive.

Lapua also makes excellent .243 win brass which can be <span style="font-weight: bold">"necked up"</span> (a total pain in the ass, but I do it with great results) to .260 Remington.

Winchester is making some excellent 7mm-08 brass that is good and hard (will last a long time) significantly less expensive than Nosler or Lapua brass and only required a quick neck sizing down (very quick and easy to do) to resize into being .260 Remington brass.

Remington makes .260 Remington brass, but it's not that great. Still good enough to hit an 18 inch target at 1000 yards, though. I use a lot of Remington brass. However, I don't really give a crap if I can't find all my Remington brass after I'm done shooting.

6.5x47 Lapua
------------------------------------------

Lapua is making 6.5x47 brass (excellent cartridge engineering and an all around outstanding cartridge) which is rapidly gaining popularity.

Lapua, and only Lapua is making this brass. I love this brass and the overall cartridge design, but it's still single source and priced as such.

This brass has been widely accepted in both the original 6.5mm and necked down to 6mm versions for match shooting. I firmly believe that this brass will be around for a very long time.

The performance of these cartridges (6.5x47 Lapua and 6-6.5x47 Lapua) is excellent! I wild-catted the heck out of this brass and got some truly amazing results. FWIW - the 6.5x47 Lapua is my favorite brass <span style="font-weight: bold">and my favorite cartridge</span> of these three cartridges! And yes, I do shoot a .260 Remington.

6.5mm Creedmore
---------------------------------------

Single source is Hornady so as long as Hornady keeps the price down and supplies up, you should be good to go.

Some people swear by this cartridge, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">I've only read about it</span></span>.

the 6.5mm Creedmore is <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> a high pressure cartridge! Be forewarned if your intent is so "super charge" this cartridge. In the words of one gunsmith I <span style="font-weight: bold">HIGHLY RESPECT</span>, "don't even think about it!"

the 6.5mm Creedmore's LOW pressure <span style="font-weight: bold">means barrels last longer!</span> If that is what you are looking for, then go for it. It certainly is a less expensive way to shoot if you shoot alot and are concerned about burning out barrels.

Most importantly, there is so much that <span style="font-weight: bold">I DON'T KNOW</span> about the 6.5mm Creedmore that my opinion is darn near worthless. I strongly suggest lots of google searches regarding 6.5 creedmore and reading every article you can find on the subject.

Here's one to start you off - http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-shootout-260-6.5x47-6.5-creedmoor/

Also, Terry Cross is the God of all things 6.5mm. I take his opinion <span style="font-weight: bold">ABOVE</span> all other's.

Terry Cross' 6.5mm cartridge selection opinion

also use the specialized Google Sniper's Hide search engine.

Google's Specialized Sniper's Hide search engine

Wow! I don't think I've ever even heard you say this much in a FULL day at the range!
shocked.gif

Nice effort man.
wink.gif

Keep in mind folks... that this here is a cat I've watched, run what musta' been a three-inch-round, BULL frickin' barrell, ALL DAY LONG, fire-forming brass... stopping long enough to pour water down the thing to cool it off, and get right back to firing... He'd then run right down to the local smith.... have him lop a couple inches off... rinse and repeat! Serious shooter junkie type stuff...
cool.gif

You know Ranger.... come to think of it... those mighta' been some of the best damn groups I ever saw ya' shoot!
laugh.gif