• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Link to the website? How far is Eatonville from me Longeye's?

Would there be a different fee for the LR end of it? Is this an 9-5 range or a get a key and use anytime? I guess if you were in charge of the LR shit you could make the LR comp open to non members for a higher entry fee?

Yeah interest here as well....my mom lives off of Yelm Hwy so I can do two birds with one stone there!!!

Is there rules on caliber...no mags or such?

When are you thinking on doing it? I guess we can camp there similar to the SHWW shootout in the SolDuc? If so the $60 membership is less or equal to a hotel room I guess!!!

That could be nice when I get back home!

Kinda bummed, almost had the money for a new stock, but my car decided to go deer hunting without my rifle... Killed a big whitetail tonight. Gonna be a while until I can put much money into shooting.

Coolest part is the deer shit all over the side of your car though!!!

I have a few extra M700 S/A stocks here digger if you want a cheaper upgrade for now. BDL Full length bedding block Houge inlet fot S/A rem varmint factory lug.

Hey guys, I finally got my rifle done and more or less worked up a load for it. I can't wait to get out and do some real shooting. 100 yard paper punching at my local range is getting kind of repetitive.

For now I just shoot rifle at the Kenmore range. I'm not a member, so I'm limited to the 100 yard range, which isn't much fun. My parents have a place up near Mt.Baker where we usually shoot in the national forest, but I haven't had the time to get up there recently.

I'd be very interested. What's the recommended gear for one of these shoots? How much ammo? What else do people bring? I have a bipod, laser rangefinder, sling, rear bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be very interested. What's the recommended gear for one of these shoots? How much ammo? What else do people bring? I have a bipod, laser rangefinder, sling, rear bag. </div></div>

If you end up BSing the majority of the day you might be happy with only shooting 50 rounds. but if you want to do some serious practice, At our last shoot, i dont think anyone shot any more than 200 or 300 in a single day. If its a single day, probably bring 100-200, if we camp over and its a full 2 days, then min 200. Our normal spots are already ranged out so no real need for range finder unless your just curious, but always bring it in case, plus most other people have them too.

We generally like to shoot steal so spotting scopes aren't really needed. however i think paper is shot at the 600yd spot in PA, so it could come in handy there.

Lawn chairs
And some sort of shooting mat or tarp is pretty much required. Bipod, sounds like you have that covered. I think those are the essentials.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be very interested. What's the recommended gear for one of these shoots? How much ammo? What else do people bring? I have a bipod, laser rangefinder, sling, rear bag. </div></div>

If you end up BSing the majority of the day you might be happy with only shooting 50 rounds. but if you want to do some serious practice, At our last shoot, i dont think anyone shot any more than 200 or 300 in a single day. If its a single day, probably bring 100-200, if we camp over and its a full 2 days, then min 200. Our normal spots are already ranged out so no real need for range finder unless your just curious, but always bring it in case, plus most other people have them too.

We generally like to shoot steal so spotting scopes aren't really needed. however i think paper is shot at the 600yd spot in PA, so it could come in handy there.

Lawn chairs
And some sort of shooting mat or tarp is pretty much required. Bipod, sounds like you have that covered. I think those are the essentials.

CJG </div></div>

Thanks for the info. Good call on the chair and shooting mat.

Hey Tribe, I got that Giraud case trimmer last week. So next time you need to trim a bunch of brass let me know. I'm just off the highway on your way up to PA, stop in and do some trimming, probably do a few hundred in about 20 minutes. hahaha.

CJG

Hey Market, you're right near me -- I'm at work in Bothell right now, and drive by the Kenmore range on the way to work
smile.gif

Let me know if you want to carpool out to the next SHWW shoot on the peninsula -- damn boat ride gets kind of expensive. Ditto for Cascade-R&PC (I'm a member there).

Semi-related note -- if you haven't been to this place, check it out:
www.shootingsportsnorthwest.com

Puts Wade's to absolute shame. You have to be a "member", but that is cheap and easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Market, you're right near me -- I'm at work in Bothell right now, and drive by the Kenmore range on the way to work
smile.gif

Let me know if you want to carpool out to the next SHWW shoot on the peninsula -- damn boat ride gets kind of expensive. Ditto for Cascade-R&PC (I'm a member there).

Puts Wade's to absolute shame. You have to be a "member", but that is cheap and easy.

</div></div>

I'd be up for a carpool, I know how expensive the ferry stuff can be. I actually live 2 minutes driving distance from the Kenmore range, on the other side of the 228th hill. I've been meaning to check out the Cascade range too. For most of my fun shooting in the area I usually go down to Renton Fish and Game Club. I shoot IDPA there regularly and I know the IPSC match director there, so I usually help set up matches and then have fun in the action bays with my pistols and AR afterwards.

I Have lived in NCW for the past 5 years where I just started to get into LR shooting,now,90% of my work is on the wetside,I stay in Everett during the week and just heard about SHWW.I don't know anybody into LR shooting in this area,I thought I was done with my new rig until I talked to Ron at Benchmark this morning,looks like I'm getting a new 300WM barrel for my 700,27" with 1:11 twist,I can still shoot it with the factory PSS barrel until the new one is ready.
Tom AKA SANDRAT

Hey guys, I have ben a little busy and off the site for a while, is anything coming up?

my latest news is I actually would up trading my way into a brand new long range DPMS. It is currently a 308 but I am hoping to fid a 260 barrel for it

Hey guys, I have ben a little busy and off the site for a while, is anything coming up?

my latest news is I actually wound up trading my way into a brand new long range DPMS. It is currently a 308 but I am hoping to eventually find a 260 barrel for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Tribe, I got that Giraud case trimmer last week. So next time you need to trim a bunch of brass let me know. I'm just off the highway on your way up to PA, stop in and do some trimming, probably do a few hundred in about 20 minutes. hahaha.

CJG </div></div>

Ooooo.... that sounds sweet!
grin.gif

What was the final configuration of the "Blackwidow"?

Let's throw a tentative date of Oct 31 and Nov 1 for a shoot at the spot we first met up with Tribe and Dafar....near Joyce WA. 100-200-300-400-660 yards....steel ok at all and paper ok at all. Noticably less room than the Sol Duc but still a place to shoot steel. I will do my best to contact the land owner and make sure it is 100% GTG but I belive it should be a-ok. Just getting tired of not shooting!

What say you SHWW?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the final configuration of the "Blackwidow"?

Let's throw a tentative date of Oct 31 and Nov 1 for a shoot at the spot we first met up with Tribe and Dafar....near Joyce WA. 100-200-300-400-660 yards....steel ok at all and paper ok at all. Noticably less room than the Sol Duc but still a place to shoot steel. I will do my best to contact the land owner and make sure it is 100% GTG but I belive it should be a-ok. Just getting tired of not shooting!

What say you SHWW?</div></div>

Sounds good to me.

Ok Market but you have to bring the 223AI and one of those fancy steel hangers!!!

Well at least the 223AI!!! had a 223 and abonded the build...but it was almost a 6x45 but the 223 AI just seems sexy!!

( Yeah I did look back at your posts
blush.gif
can't have anybody crazier than me at these shoots!!!!)

The main thing I want to confirm with the land owner is that we as a group are ok to camp there. BW...unless we block off the enterance to the shack I don't belive it would be wise to shoot from the tower....no? I am thinking if we can get Rotor or Tribe or anybody with radio's we will leave one at the door to the shack if/when we go to the bunker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok Market but you have to bring the 223AI and one of those fancy steel hangers!!!

Well at least the 223AI!!! had a 223 and abonded the build...but it was almost a 6x45 but the 223 AI just seems sexy!!

( Yeah I did look back at your posts
blush.gif
can't have anybody crazier than me at these shoots!!!!)

The main thing I want to confirm with the land owner is that we as a group are ok to camp there. BW...unless we block off the enterance to the shack I don't belive it would be wise to shoot from the tower....no? I am thinking if we can get Rotor or Tribe or anybody with radio's we will leave one at the door to the shack if/when we go to the bunker.</div></div>

I'll definitely be bringing the .223AI. I'll bring the steel hanger too. I haven't had the chance to shoot the steel with anything other than handguns so far. The plates I have are 8" rounds plates, so they should be good for the longer ranges.

I just re-read the dates of this. I can definitely make it for the 31st, but I'll only be able to stay that one day. Nov 1st is my fiance's birthday, and I doubt she'd be happy if I were out shooting that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Market, you're right near me -- I'm at work in Bothell right now, and drive by the Kenmore range on the way to work
smile.gif

</div></div>

I'd be up for a carpool, I know how expensive the ferry stuff can be. I actually live 2 minutes driving distance from the Kenmore range, on the other side of the 228th hill. I've been meaning to check out the Cascade range too. For most of my fun shooting in the area I usually go down to Renton Fish and Game Club. I shoot IDPA there regularly and I know the IPSC match director there, so I usually help set up matches and then have fun in the action bays with my pistols and AR afterwards. </div></div>

Cool, I'm a few miles west of you right near 228th.

Used to shoot IDPA at Renton fairly often, but its been a couple years. I need to start playing the practical handgun game again
smile.gif
I've you're itching to check out Cascade some weekend, just let me know... I can probably be talked into it. It could probably turn into a mini SHWW shoot pretty easily.

Sandrat: I've heard good things about their tubes, I'm thinking you'll be pleased. Keep an eye out here and get in on one of our get-togethers (whenever we get around to it again! -- Fall kind of puts a damper on things for assorted reasons).

-M

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Market, you're right near me -- I'm at work in Bothell right now, and drive by the Kenmore range on the way to work
smile.gif

</div></div>

I'd be up for a carpool, I know how expensive the ferry stuff can be. I actually live 2 minutes driving distance from the Kenmore range, on the other side of the 228th hill. I've been meaning to check out the Cascade range too. For most of my fun shooting in the area I usually go down to Renton Fish and Game Club. I shoot IDPA there regularly and I know the IPSC match director there, so I usually help set up matches and then have fun in the action bays with my pistols and AR afterwards. </div></div>

Cool, I'm a few miles west of you right near 228th.

Used to shoot IDPA at Renton fairly often, but its been a couple years. I need to start playing the practical handgun game again
smile.gif
I've you're itching to check out Cascade some weekend, just let me know... I can probably be talked into it. It could probably turn into a mini SHWW shoot pretty easily.

Sandrat: I've heard good things about their tubes, I'm thinking you'll be pleased. Keep an eye out here and get in on one of our get-togethers (whenever we get around to it again! -- Fall kind of puts a damper on things for assorted reasons).

-M

</div></div>

If you're interested in going to this proposed meet on the 31st and 1st I'd be happy to carpool, but as I said before, I can't stay for the 1st. If you don't mind only going for 1 day just let me know. I'll drive.

No I dont think so, I still dont have reloading equipment for it, and I think its kind of a waste of time until i can get a load properly worked up for it. I have a bolt action 308 though, I just need to get a couple hundred loaded up for that and I will be good to go. Hopefully the 50 will make an appearance sometime this winter.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you're interested in going to this proposed meet on the 31st and 1st I'd be happy to carpool, but as I said before, I can't stay for the 1st. If you don't mind only going for 1 day just let me know. I'll drive.</div></div>

Sounds good -- I have to be around on the 1st anyway, so that'll work just fine.

I am new to the S.Everett area,trying to meet some fellow SH members,I live in NCW but do most of my work on the wetside,don't know any ranges or anywhere to shoot around there.I stay in S.Everett during the week.Just finishing my Remmy 700 300WM project,would love to find a place to shoot it.

Thanks for the link TT,I should have the stock and scope on it by tomorrow night,I'm just going to use the factory BBL until Benchmark finishes the custom one,getting too close to deer season and need to get some trigger time in.

How much is the membership at the Kenmore range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
cry.gif
</div></div>

WTF!!!!

You in for the 31st Pee Pants? Looks like it might just be the 31st....1st is still open if anybody wants it but we will just plan on both days.

DSM.... that was a commentary on BW's sandy vagina....
laugh.gif

I'm definitely out for the 31st...

Good news is.... next time you see me, I'll likley be flying the Angry Moth with the Eye of Dooooooooooooooooooom! Muhahahhahahh...ack....aahahahah!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm definitely out for the 31st... </div></div>

So we will see you OUT HERE then? Set a date that we can make it out here or to Longeye's...you are the most fincky schedule wise!!! Almost as bad as a woman! Set a date and I will do everything in my power to meet up, probably be able to bring BW and Rotor along if it works out!

Also if anyboody wants gunsmithing done my guy out here is pushing me hard for more work...he is bored and a great smith!

just come shoot next to me tribe my blackwidow will squash your angry moth with an iron fist! ha ha no seriously the reason it got really expensive is i chose to shoot solids and the differece in velocity at a mile between the solid and the match king is between 800-900 fps i mean come on a .7 bc to a 1.13 bc what would you choose!!! i'll plan on coming hopefully im ready

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DSM.... that was a commentary on BW's sandy vagina....
laugh.gif

I'm definitely out for the 31st...

Good news is.... next time you see me, I'll likley be flying the Angry Moth with the Eye of Dooooooooooooooooooom! Muhahahhahahh...ack....aahahahah! </div></div>

so your P.R. was finally delivered? If so, an over-the-top gloating range report is due! And yes, lots of pictures are required!

grin.gif