• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

So over the Contrived and Repetitive Nature of Stages today

Around 2014 I had a big SHC in Douglas, I gave away 7 rifles including the first rifle won by a Female shooter

After that match I took a ton of heat from the PRS guys especially the Okies, Reeves was a big driver of this hate, I gave a 58th place shooter a rifle and they were mad ! They bitched online for years about.

Problem was the 58th placed shooter was the High 308 and gave him a 6.5CM. To this day that shooter is still engaged and still uses that rifle. In fact if you are familiar with WYCO matches the top 308 in 58th place was Collin Fossen, if you know you know

It’s crazy how you can buck the masses and make it work.

Don’t be afraid to observe an issue and make a new call to fix it.

That’s a pretty great memory. And Collin is a stud, that dude can definitely shoot.

Reactions: kthomas
There is no “training value” to playing baseball, football, soccer, basketball, or any of the myriad VERY popular and lucrative professional sports. The games are painfully contrived (fields and courts are all pretty much the same, the goals of the game are always the same, etc).

PRS is a game. Accept it for what it is. Practice PRS to be better at PRS. Shoot PRS to have fun and score well in PRS. Don’t expect all of the skills to carry on ver to other persuits.

Being good at swinging a bat doesn’t make you good at swinging a hammer. And, that’s ok.

Tell ya what. Grab your 30lb rifle and all your pillows, then we’ll go for a 10 mile walk in the woods then shoot from an unsupported position in the dirt and see how that goes.
Yeah, PRS rifles are impractical for a lot things but, they're super practical & kind of necessary if you want to compete well in PRS &, the weight is legal so, better just sticking to the subject I think.

Ya’ll are still missing the point! It’s not about weight or caliber or any of the ansilary stuff it is about classification so the a shooter who is starting or has a little experience is not competing against the top shooters, as they are learning and getting better they are competing against others who are progressing with them. In IHMSA I was a top shooter in all disciplines but as I was getting there my scores were only gauged against others progressing at the same rate not against the top shooters. AND we could help those shooters progress with spotting help and verbal calls during course of fire. Even our best sniper’s have help on the glass.

Oh no I don’t miss the point I am trying to use my knowledge of 37 years of watching IHMSA die as a sport to help save Prs from doing the same. I am going to be 69 in March I don’t move well or shoot well enough to be a threat to anyone’s score but I do see problems were people are soon going to start walking away. I think it is a great sport that needs a little tweaking and I think lowlight see’s the same.

Ya’ll are still missing the point! It’s not about weight or caliber or any of the ansilary stuff it is about classification so the a shooter who is starting or has a little experience is not competing against the top shooters, as they are learning and getting better they are competing against others who are progressing with them. In IHMSA I was a top shooter in all disciplines but as I was getting there my scores were only gauged against others progressing at the same rate not against the top shooters. AND we could help those shooters progress with spotting help and verbal calls during course of fire. Even our best sniper’s have help on the glass.
Yes and no. These threads always turn into a shit show of gripes about PRS, from both shooters and detractors. You’re not going to keep this herd of cats on topic, because everyone has their own idea about what is wrong with PRS.

Is it a lack of classifications? Too many qualifiers? Too few qualifiers? “Impractical”gear? Barriers to entry? Boring stages? Apathetic leadership? Contrived stages? Targets are too big? Targets are too small? FUCKING PRIZE TABLES?

Yes. To all of it. It could be a lot better. But, also no, because matches are still selling out and shooters are voting with their wallets.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Oh no I don’t miss the point I am trying to use my knowledge of 37 years of watching IHMSA die as a sport to help save Prs from doing the same. I am going to be 69 in March I don’t move well or shoot well enough to be a threat to anyone’s score but I do see problems were people are soon going to start walking away. I think it is a great sport that needs a little tweaking and I think lowlight see’s the same.
I really enjoy football. But, I’m too old for college and the pros. It’s really unfair that they don’t have a division for older and slower guys like me. Ima write Roger right now.