• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Something kicking off in Israel

I have no team but it appears your support terrorism
Well that escalated quickly. I apologize if I terrorized you. But unlike the Israeli national security minister, I have not been convicted of supporting terrorist organizations. And unlike Netanyahu, I have never supported or begged Qatar to fund Hamas which is classified as a terrorist organization.
I actually think Israel isn’t our friend either and they only care about themselves. Our alliance with Israel seems to only benefit one of us.
So do I have to call you an antisemite now? How the tables have turned.
But I am also tired of supporting and defending countries that outright hate us and our values which applies to Muslim countries.
You're in here advocating for genocide of civilians because they allegedly cheered for Hamas. I don't think your values are that far off from theirs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: ken226 and 91Eunozs
Well that escalated quickly. I apologize if I terrorized you. But unlike the Israeli national security minister, I have not been convicted of supporting terrorist organizations. And unlike Netanyahu, I have never supported or begged Qatar to fund Hamas which is classified as a terrorist organization.

So do I have to call you an antisemite now? How the tables have turned.

You're in here advocating for genocide of civilians because they allegedly cheered for Hamas. I don't think your values are that far off from theirs.
I didn’t day you terrorized me. I said you support terrorism based on your support for Palestine. Reading comprehension and word twisting and all of that you know.

No. I am not an anti-Semite but it appears you are. I am just a realist. I am saying Israel is justified in whatever it needs to be done to end this as no country should have to live in fear that their citizens will be killed at any time by terrorists. And there is no genocide. Seems like your values is more in line with Hamas since that’s who you so ardently support.

Reactions: BigBabyMoses06

And let’s just ignore all of the suicide bombing, hijacking, massacres and murders put forth by the Palestinians over the years. The Palestinians are brought up from infancy to hate and want to kill Jews. Let’s not forget the Infantadas and how they want to globalize it. Seems like they are succeeding based on some of these responses.
I think people pretend this isn't real.
--

And to other commenters...
Once we pulled out in 05, it was effectively a 2 state solution. The "blockade" to stop weapons from coming in over the last 20+ years is irrelevant. Seems most of it came from Egypt anyway. If the blockade was not there, the outcome would be no different today. They would still raise their children to hate and murder Jews. What would a "true" 2 state solution do? Should Israel let it happen just so they can say "See, told ya so" in a few months when they continue to launch rockets and try to kill more Jews? Mind you, they hate westerners too. They killed Arabs and Americans on Oct 7th. What would change? Would they stop launching rockets if the suddenly were a completely independent recognized state? Would they stop killing? Stop blowing themselves up? Stop launching rockets that have misfired and killed their own citizens? Nope nope.

Anyone here acting like Israel is as bad as Hamas or other crazy jihadi organization is drinking the jihadi/jew/Israel hatred propaganda hard. "Again, there are no “good guys” in this one…" Absurd take. Ethnic cleansing? Get the fuck outta here man. You've been duped. The vast majority of Israelis are good people that don't want to be murdered and would like to put and end to all the bullshit. Most of them aren't even religious. If you've never spent significant time there you cant argue this. Ethnic cleansing... smh 🙄

And yeah, there are some crazy Jews there too, a small minority. We have crazy religious people here in the US, a small minority, and there are crazies all over the world, extremists of one kind or another. Big difference is that I don't see members of most of those groups blowing themselves up on busses in Bethlehem or Hebron, or Paris, or Brussels, or launching rockets at soccer fields, or cutting off peoples heads in the name of the god they believe in...

Solution? Idk, it's been forevermany years and they keep wanting, and do, kill Jews. Let's finish up in Gaza, triple the size of the dead space between Gaza/Israel, and Egypt. Put a fucking sea mote around it if you have to. Pressure friendly Arab countries to help rebuild a land for their brethren that they abandoned and kicked out after they wore out their stay. That dead space in Egypt directly next to Gaza looks like a nice spot to expand do. Shit, Israel and western money helped build Gaza, they'll do it again. Spoiler alert, this will never happen. They won't agree to anything, just like Arafat turned down his golden opportunity.

West bank solution? Idk, stop settler expansion. I know a lot of the "acquired" land was from land rental agreements and "handshake agreements" and blahh blahh. There are problems there and they should quit being assholes about it.

Who is "we"?
I served in the IDF from 2011 - 2013 and sometimes refer to Israel as "We". I have family and friends there. Spent my time there traveling fairly extensively throughout the country.

I miss the shawarma dearly.

2h47vIs.png

My basic/Hebrew class in Jerusalem.

I served in the IDF from 2011 - 2013 and sometimes refer to Israel as "We". I have family and friends there. Spent my time there traveling fairly extensively throughout the country.

I miss the shawarma dearly.

So you have the strongest possible biases on the topic. What with being from the ruling class of the aforementioned ethno-religious state and having been a member of the military accused of all of these crimes. I realize you'll never change your mind but I hope you also realize why you having been in the IDF is an enormous factor in whether we should trust you on your assessment of the situation. If these bad things about the IDF and Israel are true, you have no incentive to be honest about it.

If someone from the ruling class of Qatar told me "trust me, there are no slaves here", it would be meaningless.

Last edited:
Why should I actually care about any of this beyond the taxes that will have to be increased to pay off all this proxy ware spending? How does any of this benefit Joe Sixpack in the US? And don't say "security". Israel either couldn't or didn't keep themselves secure enough to prevent October, so I have ZERO expectation that the same methodology is going to do anything for America.

Other than constantly giving them money as a welfare baby like Ukraine, how exactly are they benefitting the US so much that we should be frothing at the mouth to assist them in this madness? And why does Israel think we need to take Palestinians in? Not our problem.

And while I am on it, why in the hell do we care about Hamas so much that we give them shit tons of money too? What are they doing for us? Why do we care there either?
right on. we owe the jews nothing for the holocaust. we were no part of it. we have helped israel from day 1. helping them get started was a prob decent thing. we have continued to do much more. we are in no way ever going to solve the problems in ME. at this point we have 0 biz being involved unless it is to referee like carter did during the sadat negotiations.
to a certain extent they have served as our gurkhas. bailing them out has been our excuse for meddling in ME affairs which we likely have no biz doing anyway. they have paid us back by spying and leveraging influence in congress which should not be happening.
yes 10/7 was an atrocity and they should respond to that however they see fit to do. the middle east has been the scene of wanton slaughter for 1000s of years. we are not fixing that and have no reason to try. if the houthis rocket our ships in commerce,they need to be cleaned out. a separate issue if we get out of there doing nothing but biz.

right on. we owe the jews nothing for the holocaust. we were no part of it. we have helped israel from day 1. helping them get started was a prob decent thing. we have continued to do much more. we are in no way ever going to solve the problems in ME. at this point we have 0 biz being involved unless it is to referee like carter did during the sadat negotiations.
to a certain extent they have served as our gurkhas. bailing them out has been our excuse for meddling in ME affairs which we likely have no biz doing anyway. they have paid us back by spying and leveraging influence in congress which should not be happening.
yes 10/7 was an atrocity and they should respond to that however they see fit to do. the middle east has been the scene of wanton slaughter for 1000s of years. we are not fixing that and have no reason to try. if the houthis rocket our ships in commerce,they need to be cleaned out. a separate issue if we get out of there doing nothing but biz.

Our allegiance to Israel only emboldens them to act out in ways they wouldn't otherwise. In some ways we are doing Israel a disservice (and definitely ourselves), to act out in ways that are ultimately not in the best interests of Israel (and again, our interests). We just re-affirmed to Israel that we would defend them if their assassinations spread into wider conflict.

These assurances are only going to drag us into another war in the ME. What good does that do for us as Americans?

Sure does.

The MIC always wins, to the detriment of America and Americans (and millions of others around the world on the receiving end).

The MIC and the Global Elites and Global Bankers that fund and control the MIC is not unique to our time or to America. It's been going on for hundreds of years. Making money off war probably has been going on for the past 5000 years of recorded history.

yea and they have total control of the schools,propaganda arm and media throughout history. has taken many forms but that is what it has been.
i suspect the average israli,iranian,ukranian,gazan,russian etc joe and jane are not that interested in being part of a genocidal war. but propaganda used well has often been able to make that something that seems desirable.

Reactions: kthomas
So you have the strongest possible biases on the topic. What with being from the ruling class of the aforementioned ethno-religious state and having been a member of the military accused of all of these crimes. I realize you'll never change your mind but I hope you also realize why you having been in the IDF is an enormous factor in whether we should trust you on your assessment of the situation. If these bad things about the IDF and Israel are true, you have no incentive to be honest about it.

If someone from the ruling class of Qatar told me "trust me, there are no slaves here", it would be meaningless.

Horseshit. Bias? Yeah, a bit. Everyone has bias. Bias doesn't mean I'm wrong, doesn't mean it's bad, and doesn't mean one with bias is totally unable to judge without that bias. West bank settlers are certainly problematic. They have done and do bad things that should be talked about and dealt with. Those 10 or 11 religious soldier currently in jail up in the north of Israel for sexually assaulting an inmate? That should be investigated (as it currently is) and the soldiers punished, just as are current US service members when they rape women in Japan for example. That one Israeli minister that said Israel should nuke gaze? That guy is a moron. We have lot's of morons in the US too. I get not liking their politics, the decisions that led up to 10.7, the military aid. I get that. And ruling class? What are you talking about? I ain't no senator's son.

But that's.... not the issue here. You are making wild claims, like fucking ethnic cleansing. Tlaib, is that you?

1722563453150.png

--

On a different note, I generally disagree with the isolationist mentality many on here have... to just sticking our head in the sand, pretending like the fucked up world around us doesn't exist and that it will never bother us if we leave it alone and ignore it. It is extraordinarily fucked up in many places. Doesn't it take a village....or something to that effect? Should we worry about Europe falling, that many warned about years ago? Have we zero interest in seeing the world around us prosper? Doesn't that actually help our bottom line?

Reactions: GO@HORNS and BLEE
Our allegiance to Israel only emboldens them to act out in ways they wouldn't otherwise. In some ways we are doing Israel a disservice (and definitely ourselves), to act out in ways that are ultimately not in the best interests of Israel (and again, our interests). We just re-affirmed to Israel that we would defend them if their assassinations spread into wider conflict.

These assurances are only going to drag us into another war in the ME. What good does that do for us as Americans?
The US political system is filled with Jews. Elected and also rich lobbyists. From the outside, “we” are actually “them” to the rest of the world.

The US political system is filled with Jews. Elected and also rich lobbyists. From the outside, “we” are actually “them” to the rest of the world.

Israel also has huge influence over our politics. Just look at AIPAC for example.

Our politicians treat Israel as if Israel has something over them. As if they are all compromised.

Reactions: khel and UKDslayer
But that's.... not the issue here. You are making wild claims, like fucking ethnic cleansing. Tlaib, is that you?
People said that about the genocide case at the ICJ but here we are watching the ICJ hear the case and also deliberate on arrest warrants for Netanyahu (which complicates their relations with countries like the UK for recent example). We'll see what the court finds but early signs don't look great for the "we're not ethnically cleansing Gaza" crowd. Hell the ICJ already found Israel in violation of the UN charter in regards to racial segregation/apartheid just 2 weeks ago. But hey maybe they'll mount a 4th quarter comeback by threatening the ICJ prosecutors like they've been doing for the last decade.
On a different note, I generally disagree with the isolationist mentality many on here have... to just sticking our head in the sand, pretending like the fucked up world around us doesn't exist and that it will never bother us if we leave it alone and ignore it.
There are many instances of us being the ones screwing it up. For instance Iran. People like to cry about their "savage Muslim theocratic government" which is only in power because they overthrew the extremely unpopular Shah we helped force in via a coup de tat of the democratically elected Iranian government in the 1950s. We created that mess and now whine/cry about it. Refer to the image below which only covers Latin America.

GTx7Z2vXsAA0qZn.jpg

Should we worry about Europe falling, that many warned about years ago?
Falling to who?
Have we zero interest in seeing the world around us prosper?
Looking at US foreign policy for the last 60 years you'd be hard pressed to make a case we care about that, no.
Doesn't that actually help our bottom line?
It only helps our bottom line if our government and industries can disproportionately or exclusively benefit from their prosperity. And our foreign policy reflects that.

Last edited:
Horseshit. Bias? Yeah, a bit. Everyone has bias. Bias doesn't mean I'm wrong, doesn't mean it's bad, and doesn't mean one with bias is totally unable to judge without that bias. West bank settlers are certainly problematic. They have done and do bad things that should be talked about and dealt with. Those 10 or 11 religious soldier currently in jail up in the north of Israel for sexually assaulting an inmate? That should be investigated (as it currently is) and the soldiers punished, just as are current US service members when they rape women in Japan for example. That one Israeli minister that said Israel should nuke gaze? That guy is a moron. We have lot's of morons in the US too. I get not liking their politics, the decisions that led up to 10.7, the military aid. I get that. And ruling class? What are you talking about? I ain't no senator's son.

View attachment 8471034

--

On a different note, I generally disagree with the isolationist mentality many on here have... to just sticking our head in the sand, pretending like the fucked up world around us doesn't exist and that it will never bother us if we leave it alone and ignore it. It is extraordinarily fucked up in many places. Doesn't it take a village....or something to that effect? Should we worry about Europe falling, that many warned about years ago? Have we zero interest in seeing the world around us prosper? Doesn't that actually help our bottom line?
I think you may be missing the overall point. If Israel wants to go full Old Testament that’s totally Israel’s prerogative. Why should the US pay for it and even be involved with it? That’s the question. If Israel just did it on their own this thread would be what, 3 pages ?

Why exactly should the US taxpayer be funding this? And why does Netanyahu think he can come to the US to lecture Washington and the American taxpayer to fund him?

I'll be perfectly clear, right up front and all in your grille and shit...
I hate all them fuckstain goat humping sonsa bitches over there.
But genocide is a little harsh because you let your guard down and got assfucked isn't it ?
That's exactly what happened....whether it was intentional or not is still the great unknown quantity.

I miss the schwarma too....only thing I've found close is

So f'n good it's almost scary.

View attachment 8471034

--

leaving the isolation sentiments in the 30s gained us a great result,right? ww1 & 2 were done for this sort of bull shit save the ussr,save the brit empire,save china from japan. all it got the common people was casualties. made the MIC rich and powerful. the reason we should have an overwhelmingly powerful military is so we can tell other countries we are isolationist,america first,you can do biz with us but don't fuck with us. we had that for awhile in say 90-92. you sound like bushes and their shining light on the hill. if you think we should save israel and you were in IDF,go back. they'll take you. we can send all the muslim scum here back as well. there is NO reason we should worry about 2 sets of stone age acting religious fanatics butchering each other. who gives a shit? we let it alone and it will work itself out like it has been doing for 1000s of years.

Israel also has huge influence over our politics. Just look at AIPAC for example.

Our politicians treat Israel as if Israel has something over them. As if they are all compromised.

From what Massey said before, it sounds like AIPAC has too much power.

I'm not giving the IDF or Netanyahu a pass for funding Hamas or being complicit with October 7, but let's not forget they are an ally of ours.
And for a while, the only reliable ally in the middle east. Jordan can certainly run hot cold. And our DOD is using quite a bit of technology developed in Israel. And their enemies should be our enemies, even though Pedo Peter keeps giving our enemies billions of dollars to fund terror

Last edited:
From what Massey said before, it sounds like AIPAC has too much power.

I'm not giving the IDF or Netanyahu a pass for funding Hamas or being complicit with October 7, but let's not forget they are an ally of ours.
And for a while, the only reliable ally in the middle east. Jordan can certainly run hot cold. And our DOD is using quite a bit of technology developed in Israel. And their enemies should be our enemies, even though Pedo Peter keeps giving our enemies billions of dollars to find terror

Our relationship with Israel is completely one-sided.

They spend billions influencing our elections, in what seems to be an illegal circumvention of FARA laws. They threaten our politicians when they don't fully back an Israeli cause. They get billions in our tax dollars for military equipment. They perform provocative acts in the ME because we always promise to back them, but at the huge risk of dragging us into another war.

What do we get out of all of that?

Personally, I think its time for us to re-examine our relationship with Israel. It seems completely one-sided.

"Five Front" War? Israel opens underground nuclear shelter in Jerusalem for country's leadership - Shock find shakes relations with Egypt​

Israel: Iran's attack will last days and break "red lines"​

1. "For the first time in decades, the Shin Bet has opened the underground "nuclear" bunker in Jerusalem known as the "Doomsday Bunker" which will house the country's top political leadership and officials of the Defense and Security complex, a sign that Israel is preparing for war large scale with unknown ramifications."
"Iran and its proxies seek to surround us with a suffocating terror," said the Israeli prime minister. Netanyahu warned that "anyone who harms our country will be held accountable. He will pay a very heavy price. "Their visible aggression is insatiable..."
The WSJ notes that Iran has told Arab diplomats it doesn't care if the response sparks a war with Israel , according to people familiar with the talks.

2. "
A huge tunnel that runs deep from the town of Rafah in the Southern Gaza Strip, goes under the Egyptian Border Wall and into the Sinai Peninsula of Eastern Egypt, was recently discovered by the Israeli Forces. The tunnel is more than 3 meters high, big enough for trucks carrying weapons and ammunition for Hamas to enter Gaza. The Israelis accuse Egypt of allowing the creation of a "secret arms transport highway" to Hamas."

"Five Front" War? Israel opens underground nuclear shelter in Jerusalem for country's leadership - Shock find shakes relations with Egypt​

Israel: Iran's attack will last days and break "red lines"​

1. "For the first time in decades, the Shin Bet has opened the underground "nuclear" bunker in Jerusalem known as the "Doomsday Bunker" which will house the country's top political leadership and officials of the Defense and Security complex, a sign that Israel is preparing for war large scale with unknown ramifications."
"Iran and its proxies seek to surround us with a suffocating terror," said the Israeli prime minister. Netanyahu warned that "anyone who harms our country will be held accountable. He will pay a very heavy price. "Their visible aggression is insatiable..."
The WSJ notes that Iran has told Arab diplomats it doesn't care if the response sparks a war with Israel , according to people familiar with the talks.

2. "
A huge tunnel that runs deep from the town of Rafah in the Southern Gaza Strip, goes under the Egyptian Border Wall and into the Sinai Peninsula of Eastern Egypt, was recently discovered by the Israeli Forces. The tunnel is more than 3 meters high, big enough for trucks carrying weapons and ammunition for Hamas to enter Gaza. The Israelis accuse Egypt of allowing the creation of a "secret arms transport highway" to Hamas."
Not news, just another bread and circus presentation attempting to kick off a big enough war to stop the US election process.

Reactions: mosin46
I think perhaps Israel might think that while the USA is distracted on all fronts it might just be the time to do their own "final solution" for the "Palestinians" and wipe them out (at least all those who can't escape to somewhere else) and start a war with anyone that opposes them and hope the USA decides to get involved to save them and if not, just nuke everybody and call it good.

Either way, after that we won't have to ever put up with all this whining about the holocaust ever again as we can just point to what Israel did to the "Palestinians" and pretty much everyone else they didn't like in the area.

We can't probably stop it, so we might as well right now just tell them, we aren't going to stop you but we aren't going to help you finish what you start, so it's on you and all that money we give you, we'll have to be spending that on assistance to the survivors of your actions so keep that in mind as well.

Then sit back and watch the show.

I think perhaps Israel might think that while the USA is distracted on all fronts it might just be the time to do their own "final solution" for the "Palestinians" and wipe them out (at least all those who can't escape to somewhere else) and start a war with anyone that opposes them and hope the USA decides to get involved to save them and if not, just nuke everybody and call it good.

Either way, after that we won't have to ever put up with all this whining about the holocaust ever again as we can just point to what Israel did to the "Palestinians" and pretty much everyone else they didn't like in the area.

We can't probably stop it, so we might as well right now just tell them, we aren't going to stop you but we aren't going to help you finish what you start, so it's on you and all that money we give you, we'll have to be spending that on assistance to the survivors of your actions so keep that in mind as well.

Then sit back and watch the show.

This article is pretty relevant to your post:

same here. we are post ww2 so we don't have that experience,just the knowledge obtained by reading and talking to greats when they were around. i don't think ww2 was potentially end of life capable despite how bad it was. now. yea we can now end it all and look to be going in that direction.

It looks like it will be another one of those face-saving kabuki theatres, where there is no interest in conducting a successful strike

Hungary's Foreign Minister called Israel's Foreign Minister on Monday and told him that Iran informed Hungary earlier today that it is going to attack Israel, according to senior Israeli officials - Axios

The 60's were pretty damn bad.
Don't think they were as bad as it is now like then the media was reporting everything. Today's media is only reporting what they are told & allowed to report, and what is really happening behind door # 1, 2 & 3 is way worst than anything I remember from the 50's to 70's.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone on here was old enough to have through the 50’s and 60’s. I’m not seeing anything as sticky as the Cuban Missile Crisis was. Those were very scary times. There were fingers VERY close to being on the buttons.
i assure you i am old enough to remember news reels at the movies about the korean war,the nash rambler,the edsel,elvls draft,the cuban revol,the kennedy election and subsequent assassination and yes,the cuban missle crisis. of course a lot subsequently. i am far more worried about the future of life on the planet than any of us were then. of course,we really didn't know very much accurate info at the time. very different world. we had a leadership that was trying to protect and advance america. and yes,going about it completely wrong ,ignorantly and corruptly vietnam included. but we did not have a gov that is deliberately trying to destroy the country and US society and western civ in general. the immigration we had up until about 70s +/- still came wanting to become american. telling men from women was pretty easy. a college degree was an education not indoctrination. crime was usually considered evil and was usually punished at some level. racial prejudice was endemic but racial cleansing was not advocated by the "elites". tradional marriage and family was still a tradition. religion was a (too big) part of social life. rape and looting were considered very bad things not encouraged by social influencers.
agree many wrong directions arouse from that era. senseless war,corrupt business practices,increase in substance abuse,race riots,careless environmental and dietary habits. but,attacks on civilization are 21st cent phenoms.

Reactions: vwhugger
Don't think they were as bad as it is now like then the media was reporting everything. Today's media is only reporting what they are told & allowed to report, and what is really happening behind door # 1, 2 & 3 is way worst than anything I remember from the 50's to 70's.
Here's a small list by no means complete of some of what went down in the 60's, if you include the 70's it's a lot worse than this:
Cuban Missile Crisis 1961-WE all gonna die in WWIII
JFK Assassinated 1963 (How did the press handle that?) Lee Harvey Oswald/Jack Ruby
LBJ's Great Society
6 Day War in the ME 1967
Viet Nam (the press was mostly toeing the Gov line until Cronkite)
RFK Assassinated 1968
Civl Rights Movement
MLK Assassinated 1968
Malcolm X Assassinated 1965
SNCC, CORE, Black Panther Party
NOW
DNC Chicago 1968
Manson Family murders
Boston Strangler
Ted Kennedy drives off a bridge (poor Mary Jo)- How did the press handle that?
Riots: Ol' Miss, Watts, Harlem, Jersey City, Philadelphia, Selma, Long Hot Summer of 1967 (159 race riots), MLK riots,
Numerous Anti Viet Nam War protests, campus disruptions, (Columbia in 1968 makes the recent look like day care).

I'm positive I've left a lot out, but you get the idea, the 60's wasn't all Summer of Love in San Francisco, which, OBTW had the TAC Squad on Campus at San Francisco State and the National Guard in the streets as well. Then there is UC Berkeley. How soon we forget. . .

Reactions: Yasherka
i assure you i am old enough to remember news reels at the movies about the korean war,the nash rambler,the edsel,elvls draft,the cuban revol,the kennedy election and subsequent assassination and yes,the cuban missle crisis. of course a lot subsequently. i am far more worried about the future of life on the planet than any of us were then. of course,we really didn't know very much accurate info at the time. very different world. we had a leadership that was trying to protect and advance america. and yes,going about it completely wrong ,ignorantly and corruptly vietnam included. but we did not have a gov that is deliberately trying to destroy the country and US society and western civ in general. the immigration we had up until about 70s +/- still came wanting to become american. telling men from women was pretty easy. a college degree was an education not indoctrination. crime was usually considered evil and was usually punished at some level. racial prejudice was endemic but racial cleansing was not advocated by the "elites". tradional marriage and family was still a tradition. religion was a (too big) part of social life. rape and looting were considered very bad things not encouraged by social influencers.
agree many wrong directions arouse from that era. senseless war,corrupt business practices,increase in substance abuse,race riots,careless environmental and dietary habits. but,attacks on civilization are 21st cent phenoms.
That's along the lines of my recollection, it's been this bad before but I can't recall a similar amount of angst since the Civil Rights Movement/Vietnam. What gives me pause though while comparing today's world to then is that's an American outlook and this...turmoil I'll call it- seems to have been global anymore. I'm not really sure where we go from here but I know when this type of animosity is localized, it doesn't seem to end peacefully but when it expands across nations... well that's the type of powder keg that history books are written about (in my opinion at least).

-LD

Reactions: mosin46

Suffocating pressures inside Israel for a pre-emptive strike on Iran and a generalized war - Russian arms airlift to Tehran​

"A pre-emptive strike against Iran - something that leads to a generalized war - is being asked of M. Netanyahu by the opposition and many top officials of the Defense and Security sector. The pressure is growing after the confirmed information about the transfer of Russian weapons to Tehran."

The thing to note out of this: a lot of people have been saying that Russia is running out of weapons to fight in Ukraine (even some here), this hasn't proven to be true, and this is evidence of it at least to some extent. What is being sent is serious hardware, including EW systems. If they provided anti-ship missiles as suspected, that could be for use against US assets in the region. Objectively, this move is in Russia's best interest as it pulls even more attention and resources away from Ukraine.

I agree. I’m much more worried about the state that our country is in than at any other time in my life. As far as the shape of the world, not so much. There are, and always have been, tyrants, thugs and malcontents. Those problems work themselves out. No one wants to destroy the world. To me, militant Islam is the main cause of concern right now.