• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Sub-2500$ USED USED USED

I’m not going to watch an hour long video, sorry

Re: Leica’s challenge & then use in Japan, that’s pretty messy procedurally, not going to touch it

Do we know March does not have a license K in place w/ Swaro?

Reactions: rothgyr
I’m not going to watch an hour long video, sorry

Re: Leica’s challenge & then use in Japan, that’s pretty messy procedurally, not going to touch it

Do we know March does not have a license K in place w/ Swaro?
4FE09386-1BD2-40E3-BBE2-112892074F5D.jpeg

You’ve been extremely kind in the past, sharing with us your tests of the NF 7-35 vs Razor G3 in mirage, backlighting, and low light.

I would like to do the same for you on this issue but I am out of my depth as I am not an expert in this area.

The best I can do is summarize the issue, as I’ve already done, and point you to an expert. I assume you know who @koshkin is.

In the pinned comment under that vid, someone has helpfully time-stamped out the topics, and I have bracketed the relevant areas to listen to. It’s about 22 minutes long.

Change the playback settings to 1.5x or whatever if you want to spend less time listening.

ILya (koshkin’s first name) is approachable and if you PM I’m pretty sure he will answer questions not covered in the vid.

Here’s a link to the vid again:

Edit: rebracketed the timestamps as the ZCO discussion at 36min is relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: R_A_W
Thank you, will try an watch this afternoon

not being dismissive btw, just aware how complex int’l IP is & would have to spend a few hours to comfortably form an opinion
For you, I did a little more digging in my bookmarks and found:

Patent links and some explanations:

Leica press release upon winning in EU court:

Again, I am sorry for accidentally derailing this thread! Again, I’m an idiot. I’ll try to stop.

Sb 5-25 was and still is a top scope as is the NF Atacr, I’d probably go that route, would say the dlr but the swaro bs patent has turned me off to an otherwise great company. That said I’m currently running a 328, probably my favorite scope overall currently if I had to have just one.

As to the patent, not sure why others aren’t doing this, what Leica did, on the US side, maybe it’s cheaper to alter/neuter a scope than to take legal action…., or maybe they just think US guys are idiots and will buy regardless, idk.

Ritter way it’s a bs patent imo and has nothing to do with protecting innovation, from what I read it more or less says your not allowed to make a better product than we are, my opinion anyway.

Sb 5-25 was and still is a top scope as is the NF Atacr, I’d probably go that route, would say the dlr [...]
Does the ATACR have the best of the best of the better than the best glass like a ZCO or Tangent? No. But I'll take a MIL-XT and a 2% clarity loss over a ZCO with an MPCT variant or a Tangent with a Gen2XR any day. I don't care much for ZCO turrets either. They're great, but I like Kahles and USO turrets better.

To your point, I'm not going to go sell what I currently have and upgrade to a ZCO or Tangent just because the resolution is a smidge better. I'd rather stick with something I like and gives me no complaints anyways.

Reactions: Jadejade13
I came from a 525i and have played with a DLR, ATACR, MK5, & S&B. Personally I like the Vortex G3 better than all of them. I think on the used market especially, it's really hard to beat for the money.

If weight is a concern, the G3 is a brick. The Leupold MK5 FOV is terrible in my opinion, glass is mediocre, and turrets are squishy, but it is a reliable optic that works for a lot of people and is probably the lightest optic you'll find in its class.

Reactions: Jadejade13