• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tacom structured barrel

You had me until you went all field use and engagement. When I look at every picture of one of the structured barrels I see tubes that are mid 20 inch length and well over an inch in diameter. You would be hard pressed to find an operator, with the possible exception of a dedicated sniper rifle, carrying something like these into an engagement.
I really believe you are heading into the wrong audience. I can see F class, Bench Rest, Rimfire Benchrest and ELR shooters being the most likely adopters of this technology. I of course can be wrong (yes, it can happen), but I have not seen a picture of a barrel suitable for what you have described as the target shooters. Also the people you said were too engrained in a strict regimen of equipment are in reality the biggest innovators and most eager to adopt anything new that will give them the edge.
Again I am not denigrating your science, just the extent of the it's benefits and now your target audience (unless i misunderstood your explanation)

He can’t sell it to them because it’s snake oil. The wild claims + zero proof confirm that.

That leaves him making up call of duty like scenarios to justify something that makes no sense.

You had me until you went all field use and engagement. When I look at every picture of one of the structured barrels I see tubes that are mid 20 inch length and well over an inch in diameter. You would be hard pressed to find an operator, with the possible exception of a dedicated sniper rifle, carrying something like these into an engagement.
I really believe you are heading into the wrong audience. I can see F class, Bench Rest, Rimfire Benchrest and ELR shooters being the most likely adopters of this technology. I of course can be wrong (yes, it can happen), but I have not seen a picture of a barrel suitable for what you have described as the target shooters. Also the people you said were too engrained in a strict regimen of equipment are in reality the biggest innovators and most eager to adopt anything new that will give them the edge.
Again I am not denigrating your science, just the extent of the it's benefits and now your target audience (unless i misunderstood your explanation)
As a note I did not say nor think by any means that someone was "too engrained in a strict regiment" as a sport. Individuals yes- sports overall no.

However- I can say those things a zillion times, a zillion ways, show groups, data and will not make headway. I am arguing a "no win scenario".

He can’t sell it to them because it’s snake oil. The wild claims + zero proof confirm that.

That leaves him making up call of duty like scenarios to justify something that makes no sense.
MauryGold-- I guess the images of the 1000yd target are BS too.

I have offered to show up Maury- what's the problem?

MauryGold-- I guess the images of the 1000yd target are BS too.

I have offered to show up Maury- what's the problem?

You can come shoot with me anytime I shoot in Holt, FL. It won’t change the complete lack of testing before making wild claims about revolutionizing barrel making.

John, the problem is that There are dozens of shooters on this forum that can post targets shot with conventional barrels that are at least as good. You have theoretical benefits that add up to good stuff that you cannot prove. Posting a couple of good targets doesn't turn a Faxon barrel into a Bartlein. It takes dedicated testing plans and documented processes and results to prove things, your Engineering friends should have told you that. You not accepting that makes you an evangelist not a scientist. I have tried to engage on the science but you have not done the practical detailed experiments to prove the worth of the science. I would encourage you to continue your work with a goal of creating a comprehensive way to prove the hypothesis. Showing up in Florida while a great vacation will not solve anything as there is no control variable.

I am just a normal shooter
Sometimes instructing sometimes working with and shooting with Army folks (B4)

I love the structured barrel

So win for me

I am just a normal shooter
Sometimes instructing sometimes working with and shooting with Army folks (B4)

I love the structured barrel

So win for me
Excellent, I am very happy that there are active customers out there who will speak up. I would love to see some of the successes ( that I have heard are out there, thanks John).