• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

The Fix from Q

Regarding bolt lift I will tell you it was different on the two barrel extensions I had. One was harder and one was easier. When I measured them it seemed like the one was a couple thousands longer than the other.

In addition after probably 500 dry fires and 240 rounds fired it has lightened up a bit. I think they wear it.

I also agree with cleric about the weight of the rifle having something to do with it. It’s light so it moves the rifle easier. It’s sometbing you get used to after you do it a lot.

I’ve got over 200 rounds and countless dry fires. I have asked the same question before, but wondering if anyone had more intel. I really want to send it back to get it lined at, but don’t want to waste anyone’s time either

I’ve got over 200 rounds and countless dry fires. I have asked the same question before, but wondering if anyone had more intel. I really want to send it back to get it lined at, but don’t want to waste anyone’s time either
Id go ahead and send it in then. Q has been really fast with RMAs in my opinion and they have also been happy to help. I contacted them after I did something stupid. Totally my own fault. The guy I talked to (can’t remember his name now but it wasn’t Kevin) was so helpful. I was sheepish about what had happened and they didn’t make me feel dumb and refused let me pay for a new part or even for the damn shipping. They mailed it out the next day. I was happy and impressed.

The worst they tell you it’s thats as light as it gets. But I’m sure they won’t sit on your gun for a month or 6 which I’ve had other places do. Others have sent them and said it’s made a world of difference. I’ve seen one guy sent who sent it to them and said there was no change. If you’ve got some time and rounds on it and you’re still not happy then I’d send it. What serial range is it? Anecdotally only the first 250 guns or so had the issue but that doesn’t mean yours doesn’t if it’s after 250. I’ve noticed differences in some extensions and another knowledgeable guy I talked to said there’s been revisions I the extensions. That could have something to do with it. What barrel do you have? B/T? Proof? Q?

Last edited:
Has any one seen the bolt rub on the back edge of the receiver on the final part of bolt closure. The final 5mm of bolt closure is very stiff because as a result. I’m sure it wasn’t like it from the beginning.

View attachment 7044565View attachment 7044565

Reactions: TheMammoth
Naw brother mine doesn’t do or look like that. That does not look right to me. Why is it always the Guys way overseas who have issues haha. Sorry man.

I happen to have mine apart right now. You’ll notice with a couple hundred rounds and countless dry fires mine is clean.

Whilst I was checking things weighed the barrels the 24” proof barrel is 250g lighter than the 20” Bartlein. I did think it would be so much.

My Q journey ends today. Realized I need a new car and the Fix is first on the list to go... unfortunately. Building it at Q made it worth buying in the end. Fun fact I thought I'd share... I got the same ukelele case the original prototype was shipped in. Ended up matching my rifle perfectly. Think it was a tenor sized uke' case.

Last edited:
My Q journey ends today. Realized I need a new car and the Fix is first on the list to go... unfortunately. Building it at Q made it worth buying in the end. Fun fact I thought I'd share... I got the same ukelele case the original prototype was shipped in. Ended up matching my rifle perfectly. Think it was a tenor sized uke' case.

View attachment 7045032
View attachment 7045033

Are you going to list in the Post Exchange?

@derk how has your rifle shot? How many rounds have you put on it? What’s your favorite thing and least favorite thing about it?

@derk how has your rifle shot? How many rounds have you put on it? What’s your favorite thing and least favorite thing about it?

0 rounds :(. It's a virgin... I was saving for a Tangent Theta scope to put on it but I decided I'd probably use a new Audi more. Favorite thing in my limited experience with it is size.

The story I was told by Nick @ Q was the gun was designed originally as a jumpable long distance rifle. Something soldier could jump out of an airplane with strapped to their pack along with their standard m4. When you think about it in that aspect of it, you can really appreciate its handiness. Having such a lightweight, a compact platform that you can have strapped to your pack... use your primary M4/MK18 and when you need to take shots over 500m or whatever you can pop out the fix.

To put it into perspective.. image running a MK18 or Honey Badger (to keep things Q) and having a long range rifle (the fix) on your back that only weighs 6 pounds.... that is a sick combo

0 rounds :(. It's a virgin... I was saving for a Tangent Theta scope to put on it but I decided I'd probably use a new Audi more. Favorite thing in my limited experience with it is size.

custom built virgin Fix... you are going to make someone a very happy camper

Reactions: Bender and derk
You guys are making this hard lol.
Plastics match the 'uke case and confirmed when I built it... I'm the only person that built one using that color combo.
I'm sorry for your loss, brother. Letting go is never easy

Friend got one in .308. Tried to work up a load with Berger 168gr and they would not feed out of the mag. Only book it he could get to feed was Hornady AMAX I believe.

Friend got one in .308. Tried to work up a load with Berger 168gr and they would not feed out of the mag. Only book it he could get to feed was Hornady AMAX I believe.

May have better luck with the KAC mags

So mine feeds 100% with the KAC mag. But it feeds way better with a small piece of adhesive Velcro in the front of the mag well to shim it. But since I did that it’s 100%. Fast, slow, 3 different bullets it all works

Reactions: Ernsky
Just got this little Fix set up and running. I tried to keep it light for the kid. It is showing promise. These are the third, fourth, and fifth shots I took after getting it put together using the Hornady 143 eldx precision hunter at 100 yards. I got movistar’s DT Proof in it.View attachment 7045307View attachment 7045308
That's an awesome looking Fix and an even better looking group.
What rings/height and caps are those? And would that same setup fit with full length rail (can't really tell by the photo)? I ordered the same NF 4-16 about a month ago and have two sets of rings that I'll have to choose from.

Yeah that barrel is a shooter for sure. I shot it a lot better after I discovered the screw was contacting. But you’re a better shot than I am.

Assuming it’s 100 yards that’s .25 MOA

Attachments

• 26474756-FE71-4E6C-9E0F-660928A4FBE4.jpeg
    26474756-FE71-4E6C-9E0F-660928A4FBE4.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 100
The scope is a NSX 2.5-10x42 with Aadmount covers and I think the rings are the NIghtForce UL highs and it would clear a full rail by 1/8” with the caps on it and close to 1/4” without caps. I can double check on the rings in a day or so but roads are jacked here from flooding so I got to go long way around.

Welcome to the official Fix bolt release Fix. I bought a 3 dollar pack of assorted springs from the hard ware store. I want one that doesn’t get lost easy (still have my stock one) but that thing should have been notched in there or something. So a dallop of super glue and a spring that is lighter weight and flush with the top of the receiver. What I have is an easier to manipulate bolt release but one that still functions 100%. Don’t have to worry about bending the rail or crushing the spring. Or losing it.

Attachments

• 8772EEC1-7428-4BDA-973C-3DACAB7558DC.jpeg
    8772EEC1-7428-4BDA-973C-3DACAB7558DC.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 02C3715B-85B9-4041-ADEF-C759860ACE1C.jpeg
    02C3715B-85B9-4041-ADEF-C759860ACE1C.jpeg
    451 KB · Views: 176
  • 0385DD05-58AC-4F2A-AF7F-FAA3A1FB7705.jpeg
    0385DD05-58AC-4F2A-AF7F-FAA3A1FB7705.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 170
Id go ahead and send it in then. Q has been really fast with RMAs in my opinion and they have also been happy to help. I contacted them after I did something stupid. Totally my own fault. The guy I talked to (can’t remember his name now but it wasn’t Kevin) was so helpful. I was sheepish about what had happened and they didn’t make me feel dumb and refused let me pay for a new part or even for the damn shipping. They mailed it out the next day. I was happy and impressed.

The worst they tell you it’s thats as light as it gets. But I’m sure they won’t sit on your gun for a month or 6 which I’ve had other places do. Others have sent them and said it’s made a world of difference. I’ve seen one guy sent who sent it to them and said there was no change. If you’ve got some time and rounds on it and you’re still not happy then I’d send it. What serial range is it? Anecdotally only the first 250 guns or so had the issue but that doesn’t mean yours doesn’t if it’s after 250. I’ve noticed differences in some extensions and another knowledgeable guy I talked to said there’s been revisions I the extensions. That could have something to do with it. What barrel do you have? B/T? Proof? Q?

I have a bartlien barrel 6.5 pre order

I have a bartlien 6.5 Pres order with a serial less than 250.

Then you should absolutely send it in. I had a new barrel and a barrel with the original spec and there absolutely a difference in headspace/length between the breech face and extension face. Not sure what they do to lighten it. But send it off they are fast

Reactions: Snicklefritzz
Movistar

Can you please snap a pic of your Velcro mod to the mag well. Noticed lots of movement on the KAC mag when cycling.

As long as it feeds 100%, I wouldn't mess with it. I didn't used any KAC mags (just pmags) but wrapping a ranger band around the mag and pushing it up into the magwell really seemed to help with the excess movement but was never able to get the rifle to feed 100%.

As long as it feeds 100%, I wouldn't mess with it. I didn't used any KAC mags (just pmags) but wrapping a ranger band around the mag and pushing it up into the magwell really seemed to help with the excess movement but was never able to get the rifle to feed 100%.
I’ve only got half a box through it but it looked like it had lots of play in there and had a couple rounds feed sloppily. Haven’t tried the Pmag so will do that. Just want to get it right sooner than later. Thanks.

Dropped on a Ergo grip, Weibad Cheek Pad, and RadPro Arca plate.

750A7710-5096-47FD-858D-23826FC5CFE4.JPG
A4D9022E-7C9E-41F9-A85D-C76E04075186.JPG
E680FF54-7178-457C-B257-B21AF7F12631.JPG
82A3F258-653F-430C-B7F4-15BAC22022D4.JPG
A0592888-8EAF-474B-AC47-122275B40DF9.JPG

With 50 rounds thru the GM barrel, I headed out for initial load development with some mixed bag 155 Lapua Scenar's I have laying around with Varget. While the lightweight will certainly expose your flaws as a shooter, it showed me some obvious potential. 44.8g was a glaring node in all aspects. Great SD, consistent POI, and good group size dead in the middle of a velocity plateau. I was likely creeping up on another node around 46 but no sense in pushing the brass that hard for an extra 60fps. The 16.5" barrel sees diminishing returns quickly when trying to load them hot.

IMG_1628.JPG

Reactions: RC556
Movistar

Can you please snap a pic of your Velcro mod to the mag well. Noticed lots of movement on the KAC mag when cycling.
Absolutely man. I’ll be home tonight and get it done. It seems like the mag well is a little big. What shimming it does is put it on the right level. You can shim the front of each mag or the magwell itself. I tried Pmags and they were not even close to the ability of the KAC. There was a kid in here a while back who was putting rubber bands around the pmags to get them to feed so I don’t think Pmags will solve any issues. The issue seems to be getting the angle the mags sits correct. In my opinion the front of the mag dips too low. That’s why shimming the front of the mag or the front of the mag well wirh adhesive Velcro really helped. Mine is 100% smooth and reliable at any speed and with multiple projectiles. Before shimming I only had issues when I went slow.

I’ve only got half a box through it but it looked like it had lots of play in there and had a couple rounds feed sloppily. Haven’t tried the Pmag so will do that. Just want to get it right sooner than later. Thanks.

Definitely not saying to try pmags.... supposedly the KAC mags work better, I just never got around to trying them out. I would have a misfeed with the 10 round pmags about 3-5% of the time and about 10% with the 20 round pmags.... not something I would want to get involved with. Maybe others have had better luck, but that was my experience. Q needs to make some changes to that magwell if you ask me. I would say it is WASR 10 bad, but that would be giving the Fix's magwell a little too much credit. If your rifle is not having misfeeds (completely locking up when trying to feed a round), don't touch it because that is as much as you can ask for.

I have had no issues whatsoever with the PMAGS (10 and 20 rounders) or Larue Tactical Mags feeding 100% reliable. My 6.5CM rifle has about 350 rounds through it.

If I go slow I have feeding issues with my PMAG every 3-5 rounds, fast, no issues. Havn't had a chance to get out and try my KAC mag yet.

@sodakhunter here is the Velcro shim. Mag fits tight and won’t move but isn’t hard to pull out. It doesn’t drop free but isn’t hard to remove either. It feeds fine without it but feeds perfectly with it. The other option is to shim the front of each mag. I attached a pic of that as well.

837D1EB8-0F11-4A0E-B991-701DDE64E8BA.jpeg

00050359-6DD2-4D98-8607-1A5EC0296433.jpeg

Reactions: sodakhunter
Then you should absolutely send it in. I had a new barrel and a barrel with the original spec and there absolutely a difference in headspace/length between the breech face and extension face. Not sure what they do to lighten it. But send it off they are fast

I emailed last night and got a response this morning that I should fill out their form to send it in. I told them I loved the rifle except for the bolt lift. Response from Q :

Thank you for your kind words and I am very sorry to hear about your bolt lift issue! I would recommend filling out the RMA link below to have the gun sent in to us to be fixed (pun intended). This was an issue we had with some of the earlier Fixes and it should be an easily solved problem once we get it in. Please let me know if you have any questions!

So far
So good

I emailed last night and got a response this morning that I should fill out their form to send it in. I told them I loved the rifle except for the bolt lift. Response from Q :

Thank you for your kind words and I am very sorry to hear about your bolt lift issue! I would recommend filling out the RMA link below to have the gun sent in to us to be fixed (pun intended). This was an issue we had with some of the earlier Fixes and it should be an easily solved problem once we get it in. Please let me know if you have any questions!

So far
So good

Good to hear. I bet they have your rifle less than 48 hours. They’ve turned around things really fast for me and others.

@sodakhunter here is the Velcro shim. Mag fits tight and won’t move but isn’t hard to pull out. It doesn’t drop free but isn’t hard to remove either. It feeds fine without it but feeds perfectly with it. The other option is to shim the front of each mag. I attached a pic of that as well.

View attachment 7046843
View attachment 7046840
Thanks again. Just want to get the bugs worked out. I do like the platform so far.

Good to hear. I bet they have your rifle less than 48 hours. They’ve turned around things really fast for me and others.

Just got my fed ex shipping email, but I have to ask- how do I ship a rifle. I never shipped an fire arm, and have no idea about a rifle. I have the OG blue soft case it came in, should I just put it in that and take it to fedex? Or I have a cheaper hard case from Walmart...

Just got my fed ex shipping email, but I have to ask- how do I ship a rifle. I never shipped an fire arm, and have no idea about a rifle. I have the OG blue soft case it came in, should I just put it in that and take it to fedex? Or I have a cheaper hard case from Walmart...

I would not send back in blue case. You might not get it back. Find a very sturdy box with a plethora of bubble wrap. Your LGS may have shipping boxes that they are probably throwing away.