• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

The Fix from Q

Just got my fed ex shipping email, but I have to ask- how do I ship a rifle. I never shipped an fire arm, and have no idea about a rifle. I have the OG blue soft case it came in, should I just put it in that and take it to fedex? Or I have a cheaper hard case from Walmart...

For the price of the plastic cases you guys can get in Walmart I would use one of them. The Plano AW case is around $80 and then you will have peace of mind.

Last edited:
For the price of the plastic cases you guys can get in Walmart I would use one of them. The Plano AW case is around $80 and then you will have peace of mind.

If you go this route be sure to ship case inside a card board box.

Just got my fed ex shipping email, but I have to ask- how do I ship a rifle. I never shipped an fire arm, and have no idea about a rifle. I have the OG blue soft case it came in, should I just put it in that and take it to fedex? Or I have a cheaper hard case from Walmart...

Just my own anecdote here - when I shipped my Fix back for some work I specifically asked them how they wanted it shipped - they said to just leave it in the blue case and throw that into a box, so that's what I did. I think I stripped everything else out of the bag (accessory pouch full of my extra junk).

I will say that my experience wasn't fast (it took almost 2 weeks) - but it came back in fine shape WITH my bag intact, no scare there for me, haha.

Just my own anecdote here - when I shipped my Fix back for some work I specifically asked them how they wanted it shipped - they said to just leave it in the blue case and throw that into a box, so that's what I did. I think I stripped everything else out of the bag (accessory pouch full of my extra junk).

I will say that my experience wasn't fast (it took almost 2 weeks) - but it came back in fine shape WITH my bag intact, no scare there for me, haha.

I shipped mine back when I had the heavy bolt lift problem in the blue bag and had no issues getting it all back intact. It took about 10 days total for shipping it, resolving issue, and getting it back.

Did the 2 weeks Inclide shipping time?
Yep. Rifle was delivered on a Tuesday and then shipped out the following Wednesday. It was left on my doorstep by Fedex and I hadn't even received a shipping notification or tracking. It didn't even ship until I sent an email inquiring on the status.

They took care of it, it's fine, but I am just noting that it wasn't some superspeed bend-over-backwards type service that others have noted. I even sent them an email after the fact with what I thought were some polite suggestions on improving their CS process and received no response. I just think it's another indicator that they don't take super kindly to criticism because they have so many glowing social media fans.

I'll give them a pass on it for growing pains or whatever you want to call it, it was last summer.

It's fine. It's a kickass rifle. I've just had better CS experiences on far cheaper products.

See and I feel like for the gun industry where lead times and repairs can take months and months the fact that door to door was 2 weeks and they had it for only a week or so that’s actually pretty good. Did you not have to send Remington your shitty 700? Ever try to get something done with any of the other companies Qs size? I feel like that’s pretty reasonable myself. No it isn’t mind blowing. But it’s pretty good.

Reactions: Snicklefritzz
See and I feel like for the gun industry where lead times and repairs can take months and months the fact that door to door was 2 weeks and they had it for only a week or so that’s actually pretty good. Did you not have to send Remington your shitty 700? Ever try to get something done with any of the other companies Qs size? I feel like that’s pretty reasonable myself. No it isn’t mind blowing. But it’s pretty good.

No, I sold my Remingtons. And they definitely wouldn't be my benchmark based upon what we know about them, haha.

I mean, I've called Smith & Wesson about an issue and a replacement part was in the mail same day. They're huge and nothing took that long to make happen. Ruger's known for tossing an extra mag in the box for the return ride.

Had an issue w/ some Magpul products last year, and replacements were on their way to me as soon as the return label was scanned back into the system by UPS.

I asked for a modification to a relatively small knifemaker's product that I owned, shipped it back to them and it was back to my door within a week.

I recently needed a new warrantied part for a Green Egg grill, I emailed about it, they updated me that it was ordered but could take 3 weeks. Had it less than a week later.

I had a 1 week turnaround on a pretty significant Nikon camera repair (sensor replacement) a couple years ago.

Apple screwed up a repair process I was working with them on, and at the 3 week mark they just gave me a brand new machine that was 3 years newer than the one they were repairing.

I know these aren't all in the industry, but I'm just throwing out examples because I don't have a ton of firearms that needed support.

You know, I generally agree that Q's turnaround time wasn't terrible, but I just don't think it was impressive. I mean, they even indicated that they'd hook me up with some swag as an apology and there wasn't even so much as a summary of repairs in the box with my rifle. All I am saying is that for billing themselves as an uber-premium product, the experience could have been better. I'm not giving them a pass for beating gun industry norms, that's the kind of shit they are always talking about with their "innovation in the industry", so I don't think it is necessarily unfair to hold them to a higher standard. Again, it got fixed, and it wasn't super long, I just wouldn't call it somehow super speedy.

Reactions: rydah
Makes sense. My experiences with companies where I have to send multiple emails and basically demand my items back compared to Q having stuff less than a week. I don’t think it was mind blowing customer service. But considering I asking them a favor and they had it less than a week, then for another part I broke (cause I’m an idiot) they shipped it out the same day I inquired. They refused to have me pay for the part, or even the shipping. That was MY fault. So maybe it isn’t mind blowing. But it’s pretty damn good. I still never got my gas block back from one place. So all in all I’d say I’m happy with their service. Them not putting any swag in the box is lame though especially if they said they would.

keep us posted on the return my friend.

Reactions: claytonm
Them not putting any swag in the box is lame though especially if they said they would.
Yeah, I hesitated to bring that up, because it is really stupid for something to be upset over. It's just more of the idea of an unfulfilled expectation that was disappointing.

But yeah, thanks for not turning this into a stupid battle of "well my experiences cancel out yours!" - it's reasonable discussions like this that keep me coming back. I've really appreciated and learned from many people here.

Reactions: Movistar
AND as a PS to everyone else - I got WhiteMamba's sling mount a couple of weeks ago and it seems like a very nice addition to my Fix!

Reactions: rydah and Movistar
Looks good! I see you’ve got a Griffin can as well. The White Mamba sling mount is awesome.

On another note I didn’t know you could put 12 rounds in the KAC 10 rounder but I’ve been testing it out and it runs very well.

For what it's worth it seems like q has fixed the specs on their sling mount. I emailed about how mine would turn loose with the slightest of torque with every sling I own and they sent me a new one that's machined properly.

Reactions: rydah
Has anyone considered the EOTech Vudu 5-25? What are the pros/cons compared so some of the other scopes in this thread? Thanks!

Has anyone considered the EOTech Vudu 5-25? What are the pros/cons compared so some of the other scopes in this thread? Thanks!
That’s what I put on mine - love it so far but since this is my first precision rifle setup I’m certainly not the best to give a qualified review!

Attachments

• 28C8EEB8-7D11-46AE-8FAE-6A07C5FBD16B.jpeg
    28C8EEB8-7D11-46AE-8FAE-6A07C5FBD16B.jpeg
    890 KB · Views: 178
Welcome to the official Fix bolt release Fix. I bought a 3 dollar pack of assorted springs from the hard ware store. I want one that doesn’t get lost easy (still have my stock one) but that thing should have been notched in there or something. So a dallop of super glue and a spring that is lighter weight and flush with the top of the receiver. What I have is an easier to manipulate bolt release but one that still functions 100%. Don’t have to worry about bending the rail or crushing the spring. Or losing it.
Wait... how’d this get pushed under the rug lol. So you have a lighter bolt? I also think this will feel like butter when we get a new knob...

Wait... how’d this get pushed under the rug lol. So you have a lighter bolt? I also think this will feel like butter when we get a new knob...
Naw man it’s the bolt stop/bolt release. Just make it easier to take the bolt out of the gun and also make the spring so it won’t get lost or damaged.

I let the WM sling mount rest as delivered for a week or so then couldn't help myself.. chopped it and flipped it. It seems mostly I'm loading it straight back anyway, I think she'll hold up fine.

Took it out for a day of killing rocks and scaring coyotes (not the aim!) and I'm liking it a lot!
Decided not to chop the barrel like I had planned though.
IMG_20190330_085037072.jpg

I haven’t seen that optic yet. Any links? I’m currently running a Schmidt 5-20X50 ultra short along with the 1-10X24 March.

I want one light weight scope to replace them both.
It not announced. It leaked from a magazine article. Check the optics section.

The issue is it’s an nx8. No one is sure of quality but will comepete with the mk 5, the announced xtr 3, and rumored amg mid range

It not announced. It leaked from a magazine article. Check the optics section.

The issue is it’s an nx8. No one is sure of quality but will comepete with the mk 5, the announced xtr 3, and rumored amg mid range

Thanks. Just had a look. If only it was 25oz right now it’s not enough of a weight saving yo change out my Schmidt

What's the verdict on The Fix nowadays? Looking at buying a new bolt gun, and I've always loved the concept. Has the bolt lift issue from early on been dealt with? Do they still have loose magwells causing issues with SR-25 pmags?

Reactions: Robocop
I sent mine in for the bolt lift issue. It arrived to them on a Friday and they shipped it back on the next Friday. Should be arriving later this week. No communication with them, I had to ask if they actually received it and got an email the next day saying they had received it. I am excited to see if they actually got the lift lighter. If they did then this is going to be my favorite rifle for a very long time. My buddy who has a few custom rifles for competition really likes the fix (except the lift) and he really likes the trigger (who doesn’t?). I will report back when I get it. Really, the reason the fix isn’t as good for his competition rifles is by design. It needs a heavy barrel, and more over all weight. So if you don’t want a 17 -24 lb rifle, this is a great option.

Also I have an occasional feeding issue, but I purchased a KAC mag and I hope it fixes it.

Christensen MPR vs Fix ? would like to see how they compare

I seem to remember hearing that the handguard had some flex in it but that was the only bad thing I have heard so far. If they offered one in the caliber I'm looking for I would buy one since Q isn't showing any of us any love and putting out barrel extensions.

There's an 8 page thread to read through about them. I haven't looked in a while but when I was considering between the 2, the Fix still looked like a considerably higher quality option, albiet at an accordingly higher price. I had found some complaints about the MPR too, but I don't really recall them so ymmv.

I played around with an MPR at the 2018 SHOT show and was unimpressed. Rem 700 clone action that was rough and I've seen more than a few threads here at the Hide regarding their carbon fiber barrels not shooting well after heating up. I have a Fix and you really can't compare the two. Despite Q's douche bag CEO, the engineering and customer service I've experienced has been top notch. I sent mine back to address the heavy bolt lift, where it spent all of a day at Q and the rest of the time in transit. The only thing that concerns me is whether they'll be around in a few years if they keep expanding their product line via pre-orders while not really being able to keep up with the demand on their current offerings.

I looked around quite a bit and still went with Q. Haven’t received my Mini yet, not sure what their interpretation of the word “soon” is either.

The features of the Q Fix platform are hard to replicate elsewhere at the same price from what I have seen. So we wait and hope the real brains at Q can keep up with the bullshit promises KB continues to make. It’s his company, money, and reputation on the line and I hope he gets it right. Maybe I just don’t want to admit I drank the Kool Aid...

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
Mpr is fine. But it’s no fix. The carbon hand guard has way to much flex for my test. I saw two at shot and their was a massive difference in how the hand guard was fit.

For 2k I would try to get a rebarrel in a manners stocks.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
I emailed Q again about the barrel extensions and i actually received a response this time, albeit not a good one.

"At the moment we do not have a time frame when we will release barrel extensions. I would like to let you know that at the moment proof does have some extensions for one off barrels. If you have any other questions please let us know."

I emailed Proof yesterday about it but have not received a response yet. I'm going to try and have them send it to Dave Tooley so he can do it.

So you would think that this being a switch barrel rifle these would be a higher priority than some of the other items they pushing but i guess not. I don't like the idea of sacrificing one barrel to have another at this point.

I think I'm going to set a monthly reminder and bug the crap out them about it. This might be what we all need to do get them.

So you would think that this being a switch barrel rifle these would be a higher priority than some of the other items they pushing but i guess not. I don't like the idea of sacrificing one barrel to have another at this point.

I think I'm going to set a monthly reminder and bug the crap out them about it. This might be what we all need to do get them.

KB is too busy hyping up the Sugar Weasel and Honey Badger even though they don't want to be "just another AR company" :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note though - they practically have a license to print money right now with how it seems most their stuff is well liked - it's hard to blame him for just trying to get their main products out the door. The 20 of us who are whining about this or that on here just don't really register on their radar.

KB is too busy hyping up the Sugar Weasel and Honey Badger even though they don't want to be "just another AR company" :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note though - they practically have a license to print money right now with how it seems most their stuff is well liked - it's hard to blame him for just trying to get their main products out the door. The 20 of us who are whining about this or that on here just don't really register on their radar.

We can't be be the only ones bugging them about it, others have to be a upset as well but we just don't see it.

We can't be be the only ones bugging them about it, others have to be a upset as well but we just don't see it.
KB has said over and over again that he doesn't plan on making this a huge company, he just wants to do things he finds interesting, thus you are always going to have a supply issue. They aren't going to sell extensions because they don't want other people making bad barrels. Not saying its a good plan/idea or that I even agree with it. Is what it is tho.

KB has said over and over again that he doesn't plan on making this a huge company, he just wants to do things he finds interesting, thus you are always going to have a supply issue. They aren't going to sell extensions because they don't want other people making bad barrels. Not saying its a good plan/idea or that I even agree with it. Is what it is tho.

I understand that, but the extension should be made available to those builders that he deems worthy at least.

I understand that, but the extension should be made available to those builders that he deems worthy at least.
Agreed but read what you just said, take a deep breath, and recall who the owner of Q is lol, no one is going to be worthy.