Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

From the weekend. Cut up 3lbs of ribeye and did Fajitas. And for desert, pumpkin loaf, and bourbon vanilla ice cream. All from scratch, no store bought seasonings, etc.

Z45afUQ.jpg

HGd4KKN.jpg

MwnPiUO.jpg

We've started a team meal day at work on Wednesdays. We alternate between breakfast and lunch. This week was lunch, and the wife and I made the biggest (and $50 worth) not your momma's banana pudding I've ever seen. I don't even really like banana pudding, but this was so good.

3BMvlX0.jpg

lCzl9NI.jpg
Yo dawg, we gonna need a cross section pic of this. Try to make it all sexy like

John Besh's Shrimp, Chicken and Andouille Jambalaya

I use smoked jowl instead of the bacon, Jimmy Dean hot sausage and leave out the shrimp cause I don't like them.

Somewhere between a double and triple recipe.

Had one guy threaten me over it. Big bald headed guy with sweat beading up on his head from it. Damn it I could beat you. I don't like spicy food but I've got to get some more.

Had one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten in Frankfurt, KY at The Stave this past weekend. Thick cut smoked then fried bologna, chow chow, spicy mustard, pimento cheese, and candied bacon on a brioche bun. Hand cut fries on the side. So freaking good!!

TKj1rnB.jpg
I admit that I had to looked up chow chow, which is a homemade relish and is often made with green tomatoes, but varies by region and personal taste.

I’m going to make some. I have no green tomatoes, but recipes are like rules. They’re more like suggestions and ideas. Unless you’re baking, which I mostly suck at. Then, learn your ratios or die.

• Haha
Reactions: HPIguy
I admit that I had to looked up chow chow, which is a homemade relish and is often made with green tomatoes, but varies by region and personal taste.

I’m going to make some. I have no green tomatoes, but recipes are like rules. They’re more like suggestions and ideas. Unless you’re baking, which I mostly suck at. Then, learn your ratios or die.
Yep, it's mostly a southern thing as far as I know. I like it with some stuff, and only homemade. The store bought stuff I've had was meh at best. And I like some heat in mine too.

Reactions: lash
I got half way through lunch and remembered that I was going to make the Hide jealous today (hopefully).

The “Smokestack” from a local Bar B-Q joint. House Pastrami, Tri-Tip, and Pulled Pork on a Ciabatta roll with a side of Garlic Fries. I remembered to take the photo when I only had half of the sandwich left. 🤷🏼 <burp!>
IMG_5869.jpeg

Wow! Whata sandwich! Burp! Is right.
No need for supper tonight! 🤣 The leftover garlic from the fries kept getting spread on each bite along with the BBQ sauce.

Jr. Only ate half of his, so set the leftovers aside for Momma for her supper. This surprised me since he thinks a full box of craparoni and cheese is a meal for himself.🤢

Good and healthy food in the fridge and he fixes “that”. 🤦🏼‍♂️

No need for supper tonight! 🤣 The leftover garlic from the fries kept getting spread on each bite along with the BBQ sauce.

Jr. Only ate half of his, so set the leftovers aside for Momma for her supper. This surprised me since he thinks a full box of craparoni and cheese is a meal for himself.🤢

Good and healthy food in the fridge and he fixes “that”. 🤦🏼‍♂️
He sounds like a typical teen.

Somebody mentioned pickled eggs the other day. The wife has a fresh batch of spicy ones brewing for us in the fridge.

KUaC4os.jpg

That picture triggered a flash back from my youth.
Was down at US Steel in Birmingham checking out the melt shop for a refractory contractor I was working for. Furnace had a burn thru which resulted in a 32 hour shift to get it repaired. What do you do after that? Naturally, head to the bar….. Several hours, copious amounts of beer and too many pickled eggs just about killed me. Still can’t eat the damned things…..🤮🤮🤮🤣🤣🤣

That picture triggered a flash back from my youth.
Was down at US Steel in Birmingham checking out the melt shop for a refractory contractor I was working for. Furnace had a burn thru which resulted in a 32 hour shift to get it repaired. What do you do after that? Naturally, head to the bar….. Several hours, copious amounts of beer and too many pickled eggs just about killed me. Still can’t eat the damned things…..🤮🤮🤮🤣🤣🤣
LMAO!! My grandpa used to feed me pickled eggs and those hot pickled sausages then put me back in the car with my parents. :ROFLMAO:

But, I can relate. Used to love those tiny Krystals burgers. I got a bad case of food poisoning from one, and have never touched them again.

Reactions: hangunnr
LMAO!! My grandpa used to feed me pickled eggs and those hot pickled sausages then put me back in the car with my parents. :ROFLMAO:

But, I can relate. Used to love those tiny Krystals burgers. I got a bad case of food poisoning from one, and have never touched them again.
Hard to tell bad Krystals from normal Krystals. . .

• Haha
Reactions: lash and HPIguy