• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Thoughts on the Aero Precision SOLUS ?

@FuhQ Aero’s guarantee is sub MOA. Is it not shooting sub moa? Also, did you follow their recommended barrel break in procedure?

I would throw some other manufacturers bullets down the bore just for grins.
He wasn't asking for your opinion. He's been doing this for 20 years. He's covered all his bases. All of them.

Went by the LGS yesterday after work, figured I'd grab a box or 2 of Berger 168's, but they were out... So I grabbed 5x boxes of these from the same lot #. Maybe it will like them better...

I haven't even cleaned my brass or sized it from last trip, as I've had tons of shit going on this week after work, but I might just resize them dirty and load them up, just wiping the case necks off. I hate doing that, but I'm not firing up the US and the tumbler for 50 pieces of brass... Everything else I've got is cleaned and sized right now... It's kind of a labor of love for me, so I go through quite the thorough process of cleaning and prepping brass, and I do large batches at a time, so doing all that shit for 50 pieces is not happening.

Well... It seemed to like the Hornady 168 ELD-M's better... Plus, I'm only jumping them 0.010" from the lands, and they're still well inside of mag length, and cycle perfectly.

Here's the best group of the day (it's only 4 shots, because it was the starting load, and I shot the first round to confirm my POI on another target)...

image_cropper_2DF6F4C3-0713-44A1-B483-B993EC29C729-563-0000043D0D277CF0.jpeg

Reactions: Mongo68
Technically I have all the stuff, just waiting to finish off the 6.5cm barrel. Trying to figure out my loads before I switch to the dasher. I did get the mdt metal 6br mags. I’m hoping they work. Worst case the new gray ops ones seem popular.
When you get the opportunity to throw some lead down range, please come back and tell us what you have learned!

This was my experience with the factory barrel. I experimented with Berger and Sierra bullets of different weights, but the 168 ELDM’s grouped the best. This was the load I took to a recent NRL Hunter comp.

Hornady 168 ELD-M
Lapua brass
Fed 210M
Varget 42.6gr

2590fps
It definitely seems to like slower, than faster… Which is kind of a pisser, but 44.0 was pushing @ 2,634 FPS MV avg. Only 11.9 ES, and a 4.3 SD, too.

IMG_8405.jpeg

Reactions: TDWilson