• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

USMC Commemorative M40 Raffle

Arch

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2007
fake
www.chinesefortunecalendar.com
The USMC Scout Sniper Association is conducting a raffle for a Commemorative Remington 700 M40 Sniper Rifle, as pictured. Everything you need to take it straight to the range is included, except ammo. These were part of a limited run. This one is mint, in the box, and comes with the scope, rings, and sling. It is a low serial number of <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">SSA0016</span>.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The winner will receive everything in this picture except for the wall, piano, and doilie.</span>
xepgs6.jpg

The tickets can be purchased by sending a check or money order to:

<span style="font-weight: bold">SSA (Attn: RAFFLE)
P.O. Box 762
Quantico, Va 22134</span>

They are $10 each.

Please include your name, email address, and phone number. You must be 21 and a U.S. citizen, with a U.S. mailing address (for FFL). The SSA will fill out your info on the ticket, drop that piece in their tiller, and then mail you the larger half with your numbers back to you. The cutoff date is April 15th.

2brwnk.jpg

The small tripod and base in the photo is not included, but you can find them easily enough on here by looking up the name Platypus.

Re: USMC Commemorative M40 Raffle

That rifle did some great work in Vietnam, even without all the hi-tech "Tactical" gear of today - I would love to own that!!

I'll get a check out next payday!! I want at least 5 of those tix!!

In recognition of past military service, Remington resurrected its Model 700 M40 Rifle to commemorate the U.S.M.C. Scout/Snipers who served in Vietnam. This Limited Edition rifle has been replicated as closely as possible to the original rifles built by Remington under contract for the United States Marine Corps in 1966.

Endorsed and authenticated by the United States Marine Corps Scout/Sniper Association, this Special Edition Remington is sure to be one of the more popular tributes to America's military history.

Features
o Oil-finished American walnut stocko Parkerized receiver, drilled and tapped o 24" barrel with flat crowno 43 5/8" Overall Length

Manufacturer: Remington
Model #: M700 M40 Commemorate Special Run Rifle
Caliber: 308 (7.62x51 NATO)
Capacity: 4+1
Sights: No Sights
Barrel Length: 24" w/Flat Crown, Rifling 1-12
Butt Plate Recoil Pad: Hard Rubber Butt Plate
Packaging: Cardboard w/Spl Box Sleeve
Hinged Floor Plate, Sling Swivel, Special Serial Numbers, Certificate of Authenticity
Weight: 7 1/2 lbs

Scope pictures to follow this evening.

Forty-one send me an address to send the OD tripod and OD cradle that are included in the package. Here is my email address: [email protected]

A bipod on this rifle would be blasphemy and I want whoever gets this rifle to not even be remotely tempted to screw a bipod on it. It is a very nice rifle and I hope that whoever gets it shoots it as this thing needs to be exercised not stuck in the corner of a safe. My brother and I have a set of matching serial number Winchester Centennial Commemorative 30-30’s one is the rifle the other carbine model and probably ruined the value but we have knocked down a bunch of deer with both of them just because that is what guns are for and it was a hell of a lot of fun doing it. We laughed like school boys when we shot them for the first time and both looked around after we had each put a pesky white tail on the ground thinking the firearms collector police would be after us. They do hold a place of honor on the wall at my brothers atop a couple sets of moose hooves below Bull Winkles massive head. I encourage everyone to participate in this raffle and understand that by helping the Marine Corps Scout Sniper Association you are helping past, present, and future war fighter brothers of mine that I hold very dear to my heart and have contributed much to the success of the Marine Corps fighting force.

Good luck and thank you for your involvement.

Danel Jenkins

Roger that. Thank You Danel.

I'm not sure why the ticket was printed differently, but the scope is a Redfield 3x9 with the tombstone reticle. See this LINK for instance.

The actual scope (and accessories)the winner will receive is pictured below. The flash picked up some wierd colors but it is new.
mic5xv.jpg

-The odds of winning are 1 in <span style="text-decoration: line-through">4,000</span> 3,990 (an adult beverage was spilled and ruined 10 tickets at SHOT) if all tickets printed are sold.

-1 ticket is $10.00

-Checks can be made out to USMC Scout Sniper Association. (Address above).

-Because this is a Veteran's organization, all tickets purchased can be treated as a tax deduction.

-Tickets will be sold until all are sold or the drawing takes place. One person can buy them all if they so choose. There are over 3,000 remaining. They can also be purchased at Rifles only and the TAG shop off of Camp Lejeune. There will be some other distributors added soon.

Too bad you have to be a citizen to apply. That's probably my favourite rifle of all time!

Just a big tease for a Canuck studying in Montana
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roger that. Thank You Danel.

I'm not sure why the ticket was printed differently, but the scope is a Redfield 3x9 with the tombstone reticle. See this LINK for instance.

The actual scope (and accessories)the winner will receive is pictured below. The flash picked up some wierd colors but it is new.
mic5xv.jpg

-The odds of winning are 1 in <span style="text-decoration: line-through">4,000</span> 3,990 (an adult beverage was spilled and ruined 10 tickets at SHOT) if all tickets printed are sold.

-1 ticket is $10.00

-Checks can be made out to USMC Scout Sniper Association. (Address above).

-Because this is a Veteran's organization, all tickets purchased can be treated as a tax deduction.

-Tickets will be sold until all are sold or the drawing takes place. One person can buy them all if they so choose. There are over 3,000 remaining. They can also be purchased at Rifles only and the TAG shop off of Camp Lejeune. There will be some other distributors added soon.</div></div>

You know you're really going blind when you need to keep that next to all the books in the library...

Do we write the check out to SSA or USMC Scout Sniper Association? I know they're one in the same, but I just want to be sure before sending.

Thanks,

-Pat

I am going to buy tickets this week. Does anyone know exactly how many were built. I called Remington and they would not say how many they built. I gave them my serial# and mine was built in 2006. The serial # is above SSA 1000. Would like to know the exact number.
thanks
in-range

Never sold one. I own two,( Not for sale). Just trying to find out how many were made & the serial number range. I keep seeing -only 500 made, 1000 made,2,000 made, 2nd run, ect. I called Remchester,& some distributors, they say they do not know. Somebody must know & think alot of others would also like to know. Now you know what I want to know.
in-range

Forty-One
No problem. Just want to find some info on the M40's.
I will try in another forum here (newbe). I will move & let them try to sell more tickets for a IMPORTANT cause. Still want to know though. Please BUY more tickets!!!!
in-range

Pardon those boys governor.
smile.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08e9k-c91E8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08e9k-c91E8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drkilldeers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!!! Think im gonna raffle mine... </div></div>

Wow. Even Veteran's Groups are now disrespected here.

LOL. I knew it was coming.

Remove the raffle post as necessary....

Top 2 presentations by a person to those selling tickets at Gander on Sat:

"I originally enlisted with a guarantee to be a Marine sniper. I wrote the Commandant 16 letters and when he finally learned how well I can shoot, he wrote me back and guaranteed the MOS. The thing is, the day I was supposed to leave for boot camp, my recruiter, a Gunny, found out my ex-girlfriend was pregnant and tore up all my paperwork. See ya."

and...

"I cannot tell ya how many miles I logged carrying that rifle."

You were in Viet Nam?

"Are you kidding, I am only 26."

Then he walked away...