• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vacation GoBag....

What's getting scarce is food / hay / grain for all livestock.
27ABA15B-BDDB-4304-B969-B603F8FCA9EF.gif

Hay is plentiful and the price is the same or close to it as 5-10-15 years ago. Too many hobby “farmers “ spending their day job money so they can be a “farmer” and wear a JD hat.

Idiots.

Grain is more expensive but plentiful as ever

Also. The people in this thread that don’t bring a gun(s) on road trips , and food water etc esp in remote areas / winter prep etc.

752A78CA-F215-4C47-9616-3A464F63E423.gif

You democrats are the ones relying on .gov to save you

That is scary.
Don’t believe the BS.

Most horse people don’t have enough money to pay their rent let alone horse expenses. They’re probably the ones complaining about slightly higher feed prices.

Only group around known for not paying their bills and people that do dirt work / barn repairs / fencing / hay delivery’s are smart to get paid in advance. Yes there’s some with money. But most are poor AF putting on a facade.

Don’t believe the BS.

Most horse people don’t have enough money to pay their rent let alone horse expenses. They’re probably the ones complaining about slightly higher feed prices.

Only group around known for not paying their bills and people that do dirt work / barn repairs / fencing / hay delivery’s are smart to get paid in advance. Yes there’s some with money. But most are poor AF putting on a facade.
Alfalfa and Bermuda are $30 per 3 string bale around here. That's nearly double they were 2 years ago. I wouldn't call that "slightly". Corn and black sunflower is doubled or higher as well.

Alfalfa and Bermuda are $30 per 3 string bale around here. That's nearly double they were 2 years ago. I wouldn't call that "slightly". Corn and black sunflower is doubled or higher as well.
Lol it’s flat here.

Regardless. What has fuel labor equipment twine fertilizer etc done. Fuel has quadruped. Fertilizer tripled etc etc.

Reactions: Jgunner
Add the ability to carry water or filter water, small non-descript backpack, tourniquet in the med kit. Smacks, ibuprofen and acetaminophen if not already in the med kit. Baby wipes in the car are a blessing, next to a case of water in the car, hand sanitizer has many uses.

If you mean return to home by 'home base' never let the gas get below the range needed to return home. When I'm traveling mounted (truck or car) a carbine and mags are never too far away. A rifle solves a lot of problems.

Depending on the SHTF, have a plan to cover ground quickly before everyone else understands the urgency of bugging out, Map two routes of return, one highway and one backroads just in case.

Decide in advance what you're willing to leave behind to gain time on the return to home base.

My wife used to think I was over worrying, then 2020 happened.

Read the "Black Autumn" series of books. A lot of stuff I wasn't planning for are discussed, and now incorporated into how I think.
Preemptive decisive actions to move you and yours away from problems is how unconventional operators stay alive. A head start is better than any boom-boom load out.

Lol it’s flat here.

Regardless. What has fuel labor equipment twine fertilizer etc done. Fuel has quadruped. Fertilizer tripled etc etc.
Well I questioned a guy who grows it on reservations. He admitted to price gouging. Boldly I might add. Alfalfa has to be reseeded every 7 years or so, grows year round where he us at, and even though fuel had gone up it accounted for a small amount of money added to each bale. He said the whole market is price gouging, so he is just keeping up. He grows Bermuda as well and said it was even easier as it needs less attention than alfalfa and gets its nutrients from the canals they water with. I didn't ask about fertilizer and other costs as I was too mad to think.

Oh yeah, this thread. Last time in the field, after a long movement my team-mate rotated his NODs up as he approached the road, 10 yards from the truck. Not yet out of the woods, stick to the eye. Evacuated him, even have a firefighter who drives an ambulance or hoists people into helicopters to help inspect and if possible to fix it.

Nope, didn't bring his big bag. So off I go to the truck, and indeed I have saline eye wash bottles. He did get an abrasion, rested, and we drove the rest of the weekend (I had to drive a Unimog a bit, never have and it was terrifying!) but that cleared the chunks of stick...

PREVENTING us from taking a few hours to drive to the not very nearby town, wait at the hospital ER.

This is another reason I have stuff with me. Even if not life and death, why ruin your trip, adventure, hunt, etc. when you can self recover?