• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vectronix PLRF10, who's using one.

Re: Vectronix PLRF10, who's using one.

Why does every thread in "beyond 1000yds" get totally off topic EVERY TIME?

I'm currently looking for a range finder to best my fusion arc 1600's. Was out a few weeks ago and a buddy had his swaro LRF, and couldn't get a range on IPSC plates at 725. My fusion's hit them, but it was tough. This is what snow will do to your LRF and why its still important to practice reading the reticle.

Anyway, I would be VERY interested in a sub-$2000 unit that ranged to 2500 reliably on steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course we have snipers here Chris .I am awaiting Chrisf on this forum to get a unit soon and then get the real oil </div></div>

Is he still having trouble getting one......I must have been lucky
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiwi Greg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course we have snipers here Chris .I am awaiting Chrisf on this forum to get a unit soon and then get the real oil </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

I think Chrisf is awaiting the new model which will be released for the civvy market but still very capable of 2k plus -I think .Where do you shoot ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiwi Greg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course we have snipers here Chris .I am awaiting Chrisf on this forum to get a unit soon and then get the real oil </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

I think Chrisf is awaiting the new model which will be released for the civvy market but still very capable of 2k plus -I think .Where do you shoot ? </div></div>

Whens the new model getting released for the civilian market?????
I want one!
Elmer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiwi Greg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course we have snipers here Chris .I am awaiting Chrisf on this forum to get a unit soon and then get the real oil </div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

I think Chrisf is awaiting the new model which will be released for the civvy market but still very capable of 2k plus -I think .Where do you shoot ? </div></div>

Im going on a bunny & LR shoot in Kurow next weekend & a LR shoot start of March in the middle of the North Island.

Fun shoots, not serious good times
cool.gif

Yeap ,

Seems at the moment , NO one wants my money , from getting the run around from Vectronic etc .

My ideal unit would be as follows ,

The same exterior as the PLRF-10 ,

With the internals of the PLRF-15C , and bluetooth as well .

later Chris

Ok, it shipped yesterday, and should be here today at 4:30, so i'll have it in my hands soon. I'll try to get some info and my first impression up asap.

Chris, if that's what you want, then you just order the PLRF-15C and the Bluetooth options. The 15C is $8500, plus the BT module.

The 05 will have a 2000m RF, no compass or inclinometer. I don't believe it will have a data port either, much less BT. In short, it looks like a slightly more expensive Swaro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 05 will have a 2000m RF, no compass or inclinometer. I don't believe it will have a data port either, much less BT. In short, it looks like a slightly more expensive Swaro. </div></div>
Does anyone know what the PLRF5 actually looks like? I've imagined it looking similar to the PLRF10 and not a commercial unit.

If anyone knows what the PLRF5 looks like, please post an image or give us a description!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In short, it looks like a slightly more expensive Swaro. </div></div>

I would hope that it would be a little more potent and have a little less beam divergence... or not worth the upcharge.

John

i've had some time to play with the plrf 10. problem is it's been in the mountains where you are ranging steep hillsides. steep hillsides have never really been a problem for my swaro out to 1900-2000yds.

I ranged out to 2700-2800 yds so far with the PLRF. I do think it will shine in the flats as far as being able to pick out smaller objects. I could aim at the tip of a tree on a ridge that was skylined around 1k yards and pick it up with the PLRF, and then aim just over and miss it. the swaro was pretty hit and miss when i started doing tests like that.

i still feel that the small beam divergence is going to be the ticket on the flat ground, but i just haven't confirmed it.

so far, so good, but i'll post more as i get some more time with it.

I have both the brochure & manual for the Terrapin PLRF05 range finder , but they are in pdf file , so if you want it e-mail me , also if some one can post a pdf file , drop me a line .

cheers CHris

The unit is like a more expensive Swaro , but is milspec & 3x the cost , it has a etched glass reticle ( this is lit when needed ) , is 5x , and has no features other than range , in m , yds or feet , this is selectable thru the F function button , which is in front of the range button , there are only 2 buttons on it , has a battery compartment like the PLRF-10 , it looks like a slightly smaller & more rounded edges than the PLRF-10 series .

Cheers Chris

was out shooting again today. bright sun and snow. and i could easily range the top of a tree on a ridge at 2500+ yards. hit ridges at 2700+.

one click, ranges almost every time. not like clicking the swaro 2, 3, or 4 times to get your range at 1900 and in.

this plrf is very impressive so far. i'll try and let you guys know when i get out on some flats, and try and range coyotes in the wide open. that will be the challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovdasnow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this plrf is very impressive so far. i'll try and let you guys know when i get out on some flats, and try and range coyotes in the wide open. that will be the challenge. </div></div>

It will do it lovdasnow, get her on sand bags though. Those buggers are pretty small at 1000 or 1500 plus.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have both the brochure & manual for the Terrapin PLRF05 range finder , but they are in pdf file , so if you want it e-mail me , also if some one can post a pdf file , drop me a line .

cheers CHris

The unit is like a more expensive Swaro , but is milspec & 3x the cost , it has a etched glass reticle ( this is lit when needed ) , is 5x , and has no features other than range , in m , yds or feet , this is selectable thru the F function button , which is in front of the range button , there are only 2 buttons on it , has a battery compartment like the PLRF-10 , it looks like a slightly smaller & more rounded edges than the PLRF-10 series .

Cheers Chris
</div></div>

Chris, print out the PDF and then scan it as a jpeg.

Cheers

Craig

I just got my PLRF 10 in and all I can say is Wow! ... this thing is built like a tank. It has a hefty price tag but it is a great piece of kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmmi9100</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you have a need to range longer than the swaro , then you have no choice but to step up to the Vecttonix PLRF-10 or better .

BUT , soon , there will be another option for LR , and its comes from a Major player in this realm , and should be way cheaper than the current PLRF-10 option .
Later Chris </div></div>

Tag for interest </div></div>

+1.

But was this "major player" mentioned G7 range finder? (http://www.gseven.com/)?

Also looking good performace LRF, but I think I´ll hold my horses since Vertronix PLRF05 and this unknown new one are about to come out.

The major player I refer to is Vectronix , with the new PLRF05 , however , after seeing the specs and the manual , feel most would be much better served with the REAL PLRF-10/15 series than the 05 .

Later Chris

Just got a 10c a couple of weeks ago. Extremely happy compared to my Leica Geovid 15x40. Able to range a barn free hand at 2750m first time.

Fellas,

Can any of you school me, on getting my Recon to recognize my PLRF-10.

I just picked up the data cable, and have no idea how to get the devices to communicate.

I am running FFS Delta III on Windows Mobile 5.1.195.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... the cable is plugged into it right now...</div></div>

Just out of my curiosity ..... plugged in to what if you have a PLRF10 ?
confused.gif

There is not any data port in the PLRF10 you must get one PLRF10C .....

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... the cable is plugged into it right now...</div></div>

Just out of my curiosity ..... plugged in to what if you have a PLRF10 ?
confused.gif

There is not any data port in the PLRF10 you must get one PLRF10C .....

PP out
</div></div>

I have a PLRF10 and it has a port on the side. I this is not a data port what is it?

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's definitely got a jack... the cable is plugged into it right now... what am I missing here? </div></div>
if it has the RS-232 interface cable and you are running FFP Delta IV, be sure you open the port, by using the stylus select the rangefinder your using and select start to open the port, you should be good to go... i'm not familiar with the 10, 10c or 15, but with the vector IV it ranges to the tenths of yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0920.jpg
</div></div>

As previously stated you need the 10C.

I got the 10 & a data cable, they put the 10C? rubber cover on so I could use the cable for triggering the unit.

Tribe ,

the PLRF10"C" has the data port , the right software plus the electronic compass & inclinometer to accomply his task , the PLRF10 do not , even if you'd get the Delta IV your system would not work .

PP out