• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I was over torqued at first, but after I spoke with the greatest customer support, I torqued to 65inlbs. The results are plain to see. Almost 1/2” reduction in the size of the groups. Note too that the last group was shot from prone. With more practice I believe I’ll get under 1” at 100 yards.

Just a comment on how Vudoo treats they’re customers. Spoke to a REAL person. Outstanding response and concerns about my issues. Resolved the problem quickly and positively. I can’t say enough.

Current setup;
Vudoo with 16”
Manners mcs-cs with badger mini chassis
Calvin Elite ss set at 1#
Nightforce ultralight low rings
Vortex PST Gen2 5-25
419 arca rail
Altas bipod

Reactions: 10ring1 and usafa77
This thread is two years old today and what a ride it has been. Just a quick note to thank our Vudoo customers, we very much appreciate the support and remain committed to putting you guys and our collective shooting interests first.

MB
Amazing product, created, sold and supported by amazing people. Like many here, it took me awhile to accept the monetary cost of a V-22, but, as we have all found, the investment is well worth every penny.

I had a last-round feeding issue with mine. You jumped on it immediately, the problem was resolved in a methodical and timely manner, and the lesson learned can be applied to all customers who encounter it.

I've been to the range twice this week, and both times I've had people stop to admire the rifle and learn about the features which make it so unique and desirable. It was snarkily satisfying to be "tinging" on the 300-yard plates while a couple of center-fire guys couldn't seem to find them.

My only hope, and I talked with Jill about this, is that the effort to meet the demand for these rifles does not compromise quality.

Thanks and kudos to Mike, Jill, Paul, Jay, and all the team at Vudoo.

A special thank you to Mike, Paul, Jill , and the rest of the team at Vudoo Gun Works. I bought my V-22 in June of last year and without a doubt it's the best sales, transaction, and ownership experience in my 45+ years of firearms ownership. Vudoo pride isn't marketing smoke and mirrors, it's the real deal.

This thread is two years old today and what a ride it has been. Just a quick note to thank our Vudoo customers, we very much appreciate the support and remain committed to putting you guys and our collective shooting interests first.

MB
Congratulations on the two year thread, on a great product, and on great customer service! There is a lot of good information in this thread. At 68 years old, I'm new to the rimfire scene but this thread convinced me to give it a try and to purchase an Apparition.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RAVAGE88 and Sieg
Congratulations on the two year thread, on a great product, and on great customer service! There is a lot of good information in this thread. At 68 years old, I'm new to the rimfire scene but this thread convinced me to give it a try and to purchase an Apparition.
RDS51 - I'll hit 68 next month (God willing & the Creek don't rise), and have been shooting several really nice .22RF repeaters since early 2016. Stiller 2500XR, couple of CMP 40X/XB jelrod conversions, and now own multiple V-22s. I've gotten more enjoyment out of shooting .22s than I thought possible, and have also seen improvement in my shooting with centerfire rifles as a result. Before the .22s, I'd have to make a regular production out of loading all sorts of gear in the truck, then drive over some rough trails to get to my 1000yd range, 2mi away. I still love to do that, but it'd gotten to be a drag, loading, then unloading, loading back up to come home, then unloading it all again. Now when I want to shoot 50-215yds with a .22, I'm set up to do so within a quarter mile of the house, and if I forget something (typical of me, especially when it's at the end of a work day), it's no sweat to jump in the truck, zip back up to the house, and retrieve whatever it was I left out. So easy to grab some ammo and go shoot, with no sweat over cleaning brass & reloading afterwards. Whereas I'd had a hard time getting motivated to go through the routine in order to go shoot with any of the CF rifles I compete with, now it seems that I'm always ready to set up and enjoy some quality trigger time at the drop of a hat. Please post up your thoughts after you've received your V-22 and had a chance to take it out to shoot - always good to hear from another new convert....lol

MB
Mike, thank you for a fabulous rifle. Vudoos sell themselves. I was at the showing at Jay P's place and got to fire a Vudoo. Then my buddy Jay C let me borrow and shoot his Vudoo for a few days. I ordered my Vudoo soon after. Then my neighbor was talking about rifles and he shot my Vudoo. He ordered his Vudoo soon afterwards. My local long range shoots are about 50% Vudoos or more. Great rifle.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of incredible pictures posted on the interwebs of people shooting .5" groups at 100 yards, and people claiming 1/3" groups at 100 yards with the Vudoo. I was curious as an "average" shooter what is the reality of this 1/3 - 1/2 moa @ 100 yards? And generally any kind of rimfire, Kidd Supergrade, CZ 457, Tikka T1X, etc. Is it that random with rimfire where it's so dependent on lot and barrel?

With bipod / rear bag in prone, the best I've done is a 6x5 around .7" groups. So I had 6 groups of 5 shots from .6" - .8". This is with Eley Tenex. On my Tikka T1X with everything else, I generally average 1"-1.3" groups. CCI SV, SK +, LRM, RM. Lapua Pistol King. Eley Target. I still have yet to try out center-x yet.

I've seen some people with the T1X post much tighter groups with cheaper ammo, but I haven't been able to get any ammo to be tight except Eley Match and Tenex. SK+, SK LRM, SK RM all float around .9" to 1.5" groups where I average around 1.2 with the 6x5. So I'm just trying to figure out long term investment. And what to expect. I have a rifle now with a great trigger and a great action and KRG Bravo, so is my real improvement to get into the 1/2 moa land @ 100 yards, just putting in a nice 500$ match barrel, or do I just sell it all and go for a Vudoo V22.
1/3 to1/2 MOA at 100 yards with a Vudoo. I have 4 of them the best ammo and scopes money can buy. I have shot a couple of groups 1/2 MOA. I talking like 3 to 5 times. To be honest 3/4 to 1 MOA is normal out of all 4 of mine in good conditions. I have shot several matches where one target was 3/4 MOA and the next was 1 1/4 or 1 1/2.. I have not ever seen a vudoo that will always shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA all the time. Talk to Flatland on here. He has lots of time behind one. I cold be wrong but I don't think he has a Vudoo the will always shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA at 100 yards. I forgot to add that the matches I shoot are 20 shot strings. The few 1/2 MOA groups I have shot were 5 or 10 shots.

RDS51 - I'll hit 68 next month (God willing & the Creek don't rise), and have been shooting several really nice .22RF repeaters since early 2016. Stiller 2500XR, couple of CMP 40X/XB jelrod conversions, and now own multiple V-22s. I've gotten more enjoyment out of shooting .22s than I thought possible, and have also seen improvement in my shooting with centerfire rifles as a result. Before the .22s, I'd have to make a regular production out of loading all sorts of gear in the truck, then drive over some rough trails to get to my 1000yd range, 2mi away. I still love to do that, but it'd gotten to be a drag, loading, then unloading, loading back up to come home, then unloading it all again. Now when I want to shoot 50-215yds with a .22, I'm set up to do so within a quarter mile of the house, and if I forget something (typical of me, especially when it's at the end of a work day), it's no sweat to jump in the truck, zip back up to the house, and retrieve whatever it was I left out. So easy to grab some ammo and go shoot, with no sweat over cleaning brass & reloading afterwards. Whereas I'd had a hard time getting motivated to go through the routine in order to go shoot with any of the CF rifles I compete with, now it seems that I'm always ready to set up and enjoy some quality trigger time at the drop of a hat. Please post up your thoughts after you've received your V-22 and had a chance to take it out to shoot - always good to hear from another new convert....lol

Flatland1, I can identify with all of your comments about reloading and shooting centerfire rifles. I received my V-22 Apparition two weeks ago and mounted a scope on it this this past weekend. I know I will have to test various brands and lots of ammo, but I'm looking forward to shooting without having to test various brass, primers, powders, charges, bullets, seating depth, etc. I'll post my first impressions after my range trip (hopefully this week).

Ron

Last edited:
My barreled action arrived today and I quickly put it in my new chassis. Planning on swapping out the Diamondback glass with my Viper PST Gen 2. Cant wait to get it out and sight it in!

IMG_6476.jpg

Reactions: BullTahr
Mike,
I have been keeping an eye on your 22lr ventures since the days of the 605, and I have to say you have truly made a massive positive impact on the 22lr shooting community. The V22 and magazine system has done nothing but impress me and it seems to me that everyone who has been privileged enough to own or shoot one feels the same. In addition to that epic feet you and the VGW team have set the standard for quality in your products and customer service.

Here is to a job very well done and to many more years of hard earned success. You and the VGW team have a customer for life in me...

Thanks JB, very much appreciated. It’s certainly been hard fought and well worth it.

MB

MB and the entire Vudoo team have been great. I bought mine on the secondary market. It was an older model and when I spoke to them about ejection issues they had me send it in for complete update. No charge for shipping either way either.
I'm thinking of parting with my CZ455 for a second Vudoo.

Reactions: rizzle
My barreled action arrived today and I quickly put it in my new chassis. Planning on swapping out the Diamondback glass with my Viper PST Gen 2. Cant wait to get it out and sight it in!

View attachment 7128894

First shots at 50 yards have been awesome out of the gate. I'm sure it will improve as I get more down the pipe.

Love my new Vudoo!!! Thanks Vudoo!!!(y):)

IMG_6494.JPG

Last edited:
First shots at 50 yards have been awesome out of the gate. I'm sure it will improve as I get more down the pipe.

Love my new Vudoo!!! Thanks Vudoo!!!(y):)

View attachment 7129491
Your group size says it's 0.22" , in order for your groups to get better your will need a smaller caliber. LOL
I'm looking at the pic, are you sure that group size is correct?
GREAT shooting regardless!

Your group size says it's 0.22" , in order for your groups to get better your will need a smaller caliber. LOL
I'm looking at the pic, are you sure that group size is correct?
GREAT shooting regardless!

It looks like 0.220” to me, if you look at the two furthest bullet holes they are basically touching which would put the center to center at bullet diameter. Just saying, but I agree good shooting...

Reactions: Ruskin
It looks like 0.220” to me, if you look at the two furthest bullet holes they are basically touching which would put the center to center at bullet diameter. Just saying, but I agree good shooting...

Thanks.

Now If I can just get my Masterpiece arms 6.5 creedmor to shoot. Best I can do with it is .60" and they guarantee 3/8". It's been a struggle and Ive been scratching my head. Starting to get frustrated with it.

My Vudoo magazines didn’t function well in my MPA chassis. Not the Vudoo mags, but the MPA. They work fabulously in the Manners. My experience.
As @reubenski said, it's in the MPA chassis mag release (or catch, or... whatever, the piece that holds and releases the magazine). I had an issue with my mags being slightly loose, resulting in an occasional failure to feed. Get in touch with Vudoo. There's a simple fix.

Been looking into the V22 BA... Really debating if I should get one to "plink" around with.

Does any one have any experience shooting Norma Match 22 (white box) out of their Vudoo? If so, what are your thoughts on it? The reason I ask is because I have case of this stuff which I bought for my Kidd 10/22.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

@littlepod

I have yet to run into a vudoo that doesn’t shoot sk standard plus good enough to win any match out there that’s <225yds or so. That’s where I start noticing a difference in center x and Midas ammo over the sk.

Average shooters typically shoot .22 better because A) there is almost no recoil (easier to spot shots and no flinching), and B) the ranges you will mostly shoot along with target size don’t require much wind calling

I’ve won the last three .22 matches I’ve shot and at every one of them the wind has been 10-15mph and people are talking about how much wind there was and how much they had to hold. Meanwhile I was never more than .5 hold. A lot of times people overestimate how mich wind moves a .22.

In nrl22, I’m rarely off the plate on a hold.

Except this past year’s nationals on the second day. Winds got up to 25+mph. Was holding 1.2 mil just to hit a 100yd target and much more for the 300yds.

Thanks @Dthomas3523 . Agree on everything you said... my Tikka T1X can hold about around 1.5" with 10 shot groups at 100 yards with SK+. Though at 200 yards, my groups open up to almost 4-5 inches due to the wide spread in velocity, and switching over to something like Eley Tenex kept them in control.

My local NRL22 matches only shoot out at 100 yards so with anything that can do 1-1.5 moa I haven't had any issues where I felt the ammo was the reason I missed the shot. It's also in an area with rarely any wind so I haven't had anywhere to really practice reading wind. My main issue right now is unsupported shooting and weak side shooting. Lost majority of my points when I had to switch to weak side, mainly due to parallax of my funky cheek weld having not practiced any weak side shooting, and my unsupported shooting just needs practice. I got some drill sheets to practice @ 25 yards a variety of things so I'll keep working on that.

On "lazy" days I just like to lie down in prone and shoot small groups with the rifle. So it's fun trying to get the tightest groups I can get, and having a rifle for those kind of play days would be nice. The T1X holds about .75" when I'm on my game. Every 6x5 I tend to throw up 4 shots at around 1/3-1/2", and one of the shots just fucks up the group. Still working on fundamentals with that. Would love to get a string of 30 consistent shots without some mishap, main issue is the heartbeat and trying to time the shot between the beat. Also eye fatigue, when eyes start getting tired, bullets don't go where I swear I had the reticle on.

Thanks @Dthomas3523 . Agree on everything you said... my Tikka T1X can hold about around 1.5" with 10 shot groups at 100 yards with SK+. Though at 200 yards, my groups open up to almost 4-5 inches due to the wide spread in velocity, and switching over to something like Eley Tenex kept them in control.

My local NRL22 matches only shoot out at 100 yards so with anything that can do 1-1.5 moa I haven't had any issues where I felt the ammo was the reason I missed the shot. It's also in an area with rarely any wind so I haven't had anywhere to really practice reading wind. My main issue right now is unsupported shooting and weak side shooting. Lost majority of my points when I had to switch to weak side, mainly due to parallax of my funky cheek weld having not practiced any weak side shooting, and my unsupported shooting just needs practice. I got some drill sheets to practice @ 25 yards a variety of things so I'll keep working on that.

On "lazy" days I just like to lie down in prone and shoot small groups with the rifle. So it's fun trying to get the tightest groups I can get, and having a rifle for those kind of play days would be nice. The T1X holds about .75" when I'm on my game. Every 6x5 I tend to throw up 4 shots at around 1/3-1/2", and one of the shots just fucks up the group. Still working on fundamentals with that. Would love to get a string of 30 consistent shots without some mishap, main issue is the heartbeat and trying to time the shot between the beat. Also eye fatigue, when eyes start getting tired, bullets don't go where I swear I had the reticle on.

Use an eye patch if you need to. Not only on the rifle, but walking around the house. Cover your dominant eye with the patch.

This will train your weaker eye to focus faster. It helps a lot.

I shot many matches with an eyepatch on my dominant eye during weak side stages and it helped a ton. Even now I sometimes cover my right eye with my right hand until I have a good sight picture and then will use my hand to get back to supporting the rifle.

Reactions: littlepod
I've had a couple of lots of really good SK Std+ in the last three years that shot nearly as well at 200yds as my good lots of Center-X. Don't know how often one of these lots comes available/slips through the cracks, but I'll be buying some lot samples again when I get low on this case. I'm a cheap old fart - spent bundles of cash on three V-22s, and still looking for good inexpensive ammo. Must be the farmer in me...lol

Reactions: muzr
I just bought their bore guide but you have to pay attention to the size of your rod and jag to use it. I bought the boretech 22RF rod and it's too big to fit. I think you need all .17 cal in order to use it
Thank's for the info on the boretech.I'm getting ready to buy boretech and I will ask Vudoo if i should get the 17 or 20 cal rods.

Thank's for the info on the boretech.I'm getting ready to buy boretech and I will ask Vudoo if i should get the 17 or 20 cal rods.

I have a boretech 20 caliber rod and it works fine with the cleaning rod guide. The rod must be under .187" to fit the cleaning rod guide. According to boretech, their 20 caliber rod is .180" so it fits. The 17 caliber rod is .164" and may be a little too flimsy.

Reactions: shoot4fun
I just bought their bore guide but you have to pay attention to the size of your rod and jag to use it. I bought the boretech 22RF rod and it's too big to fit. I think you need all .17 cal in order to use it
I'm using the Boretech rf rod and it works great. Has correct thread for jags without adapters. You just have to drill out the bushing a little on the VGW bore guide. I spoke to Paul about this when I got my V22 and he said that's what he would do.

Reactions: shoot4fun
I'm using the Boretech rf rod and it works great. Has correct thread for jags without adapters. You just have to drill out the bushing a little on the VGW bore guide. I spoke to Paul about this when I got my V22 and he said that's what he would do.
Do you remember what size drill bit you used ? I much rather use a 22 rf rod with 8/32 treads.

Reactions: Notdylan
Here's my baby. I'm proud of this rig. I absolutely love it!

Vudoo V-22.jpg

Vudoo V-22 with a Bartlein Barrel, MTU contour at 20"
XLR Carbon Chassis with a folding stock
USO LR-17 optic in Vortex rings
Jewel Trigger
Harris bipod

I stole all the parts from my .223 rig. Now all that I need is a can.

This rig will see considerably more range time. I just bought a KYL rack for it; 2"-1/4" plates in 1/4" increments. Me and my son plan on doing some shooting with it this weekend. I can't wait! The Vudoo is already my favorite rifle, and I've only had it out once to sight in the scope and shoot some steel. My wife, who had only shot a rifle once before in her life, was 5 for 5 on empty shotgun shells set up at 50 yards shooting bulk ammo. It is boringly accurate at 50. ;)

So I need to pickup some SK standard plus, SK pistol, and Lapua Center X ammo? I have plenty of Wolf Match, Eley, Aguila, CCI standard and CCI high velocity. I don’t want to be waiting to buy ammo when my rifle comes in. Surely one or more of these brands will be a shooter in my Vudoo.

So I need to pickup some SK standard plus, SK pistol, and Lapua Center X ammo? I have plenty of Wolf Match, Eley, Aguila, CCI standard and CCI high velocity. I don’t want to be waiting to buy ammo when my rifle comes in. Surely one or more of these brands will be a shooter in my Vudoo.

if you go back a few pages i have some through the scope pics of wolf match and extra
the "accurate" ones were .5" or less at 100

problem is after i did a load one shoot one (to eliminate magazine or feeding variables) i had 3 distinct groups out of the same 50

SK shoots pretty well but i do get some pretty hard bolt closings

CCI didnt do well at all
The high velocity stuff is copper/metallic washed, you have to actually clean the barrel

not just a few patches to push out some crud

best i found so far for the dollar is center X..should have listened to jbell in the begining

feeds great bolt closes by itself and minimal if any fliers

just remember that it takes a good 15 rounds or so when switching ammo for the barrel to become seasoned with the new ammo lube

Anyone else ever forget their mags at home? I got to the range yesterday for a local benchrest match 45 minutes away and had forgotten to put them back in my range box after checking on my ammo supply. There was only one other Vudoo there and he has a single shot adapter installed in his, so no mags to be had. Luckily it was all br shooting and I was able to hand load them. Definitely a pain in the ass though, trying to load greasy center x by hand. Just in a case I pull this again, I put a mag in my glovebox.

I have forgotten just about every thing there is to forget going to the range.I always just keep a spare magazine in my range bag for whatever gun I'm using so i don't forget a magazine again.Your not alone bro.

Received my V-22 XLR Element on July 26 and finally made it to the range today. First group of five shots at 50 yards measured .315" center to center (CTC), second group .285", etc. to tenth group of .275" (see attached). The average for the ten groups was .429" CTC (shooter error on two groups increased the average). Wind was 0-5 mph, humidity 71%, temp 84° to 91°, ammo SKS+. Vudoo is definitely a lot more accurate than the shooter. The only other .22LR that i have owned was a semi-auto about 40-45 years ago.

20190820_214556.jpg20190820_180539.jpg20190820_181356.jpg

Reactions: rizzle and RAVAGE88
Nice I’m waiting for my SKS+ to come in. I did get out Monday morning and shot several groups with Eley Tenex @50 yards these are 10 shot groups.

Attachments

• A4FD2F19-C796-4EE3-A4B2-34FF7D3861C1.jpeg
    A4FD2F19-C796-4EE3-A4B2-34FF7D3861C1.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 81
  • F41E75B9-9E92-4D6A-BDA4-950AEC7DBC79.jpeg
    F41E75B9-9E92-4D6A-BDA4-950AEC7DBC79.jpeg
    579.1 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: rizzle