• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I will definately check that out, by doing some shooting with and without the compensator. I know Andrew from Vudoo runs a 419 on his, which he admitted was just for asthetics, but he said it did not affect his accuracy.

Last edited:
I have tried (and own) AAC, Thunderbeast , SilencerCo, Shark, ECCO, Keystone, Gemtech and Jet.

Thunderbeast is the most accurate, quietest and has the least FRP. It is also painless to clean.

Keystone is behind for noise and ECCO is barely behind.

Jet and Gemtech (integrals) win for CDI factor.
What did you think of the Silencerco cans? My LGS has some LEO only that I can get for a discount.

I run an AAC Element II. Would love to try some others (Mask, Silent Legion, etc.) just to compare but I am averaging .95 MOA from 100 yards with SK Rifle Match with the can attached.

I have a Dead Air Mask on my Vudoo and it is very quiet with subsonic ammo. My rifle does have a 22" barrel, which might make it even quiter. I have had decent luck with the American Eagle Suppressor ammo, although it is not match accurate. I wanted to shoot CCI subs but i find the CCI ammo is often a little thick in the rim and my bolt won't close easily on it. Federal brand ammunition has been no problem. I shoot mostly Automatch, which seems at least as good as the Eley match i have tried. I need to get some of the Center X or SK and really see what it can do.

One thing i have noticed is my Vudoo bolt is a little stiff. It was quite tight when new, and has broken in pretty well over the first few hundred rounds and dry cycling the bolt. Are most other people experiencing this as well? I am hoping it will continue to slick up over time, but I also haven't got to shoot it nearly as much as i wanted to this year.

One thing i have noticed is my Vudoo bolt is a little stiff. It was quite tight when new, and has broken in pretty well over the first few hundred rounds and dry cycling the bolt. Are most other people experiencing this as well? I am hoping it will continue to slick up over time, but I also haven't got to shoot it nearly as much as i wanted to this year.

Goes without saying and I am sure yours is but make sure the action and bolt body and face are clean, but after that I have found they can be a little sticky if they are dry. The several I have shot respond very well to a light coat of a medium weight oil and a dab of grease on the leading portion of the locking lugs. Just know that this lube will inherently hold a little more debris from the rimfire powder/primer so you will need to clean it out and re-lube every so often. An easy trick to clean the locking lug abutments in the action is to bend a Q-Tip to access them then a little compressed air, or an AP brush will work, but the Q-Tip gets the old grease out pretty easy.

Everybody's experiences are different. When I got my Vudoo, I did extent of animal testing with and without the can (aac Pilot). Basically across-the-board everything shot better without the can. Was only shooting hundred-yard test targets to conserve ammo but many supressed groups were inconsistent.

I've seen a few new Vudoo owners put compensators on their rifles and wondered whether they might have a negative effect on accuracy. I know they're just for looks, but still, is there a chance of the comp creating some turbulence at the muzzle that could have an effect on relatively slow-moving .22RF bullets?

Zero change in accuracy. They don't even really make them too loud. Honestly I just think it looks better than a silly thread protector.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1566072924352.jpg
    FB_IMG_1566072924352.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 100
Looking for photo's and recommendations for a new build.. Going to use a MPA BA comp chassis don't know what barrel to go with. Kukri 18" or 20" Using it for PRS matches out to 300 maybe 350 yards..
Thanks

When I was deciding, the guys at vudoo said most commonly they sell the 18". The 20" might be too nose heavy. 16" looks silly in most chassis. I went with 18"....It has worked out well.

Reactions: ESBVader
When I was deciding, the guys at vudoo said most commonly they sell the 18". The 20" might be too nose heavy. 16" looks silly in most chassis. I went with 18"....It has worked out well.

I received the same feedback when I asked. I ended up with the 18" Kukri. I've not been dissapointed. When I grip my Chassis just in front of the magwell, the gun is balanced as well. I use a Pre-2014 AICS AX. With a suppressor on the 18" barrel, it doesn't end up looking too long either.

Looking for photo's and recommendations for a new build.. Going to use a MPA BA comp chassis don't know what barrel to go with. Kukri 18" or 20" Using it for PRS matches out to 300 maybe 350 yards..
Thanks

I chose a 20" MTU considering I'm trying to replicate my 21" barrel suppressed centerfire. I'll probably also add some weight blocks to the chassis so the balance point is as close to my centerfire as possible.

Thanks
Ace Kukri 20" in MPA chassis, 30MOA rail, Vortex PST 5-25x50.

To me, the 16" barrel would look a little lost in an MPA chassis. Even my 20" looks a bit short to me. Be aware that the Vudoo gurus cut blanks so that the tightest section of the barrel is at the muzzle. So, my barrel started as a 20" blank but, after machining for best accuracy, was closer to 18.75". No doubt someone may question the rationale - take it up with Vudoo, not me. I'm repeating what I was told after finding my barrel an inch shorter than ordered (and the offer was extended to replace the barrel if I wanted - nope, I'm good).

One thing I finally decided last week: if I had it all to do over again and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy a bunch of different ammo types to try. I'd buy Lapua Center-X and call it good. Well, maybe some Midas+ tossed in. If you read enough, you'll find that Mike designed the chamber around the Center-X bullet. Since a buddy of mine gets amazing accuracy out of a stock CZ-455 with Eley Edge and Eley Match (same bullet, akin to Lapua Center-X and Midas+), I bought a little pile of them. Awful results - one 50-yard group will do 1/4" followed by five or more groups of 3/4" to over one inch. Fwiw.

Vudoo-Right.JPG
Vudoo-Left.jpg

Ace Kukri 20" in MPA chassis, 30MOA rail, Vortex PST 5-25x50.

To me, the 16" barrel would look a little lost in an MPA chassis. Even my 20" looks a bit short to me. Be aware that the Vudoo gurus cut blanks so that the tightest section of the barrel is at the muzzle. So, my barrel started as a 20" blank but, after machining for best accuracy, was closer to 18.75". No doubt someone may question the rationale - take it up with Vudoo, not me. I'm repeating what I was told after finding my barrel an inch shorter than ordered (and the offer was extended to replace the barrel if I wanted - nope, I'm good).

One thing I finally decided last week: if I had it all to do over again and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy a bunch of different ammo types to try. I'd buy Lapua Center-X and call it good. Well, maybe some Midas+ tossed in. If you read enough, you'll find that Mike designed the chamber around the Center-X bullet. Since a buddy of mine gets amazing accuracy out of a stock CZ-455 with Eley Edge and Eley Match (same bullet, akin to Lapua Center-X and Midas+), I bought a little pile of them. Awful results - one 50-yard group will do 1/4" followed by five or more groups of 3/4" to over one inch. Fwiw.

View attachment 7140530View attachment 7140532
+1 on going with center X out of the gate and never look back.

Reactions: 10ring1
I ordered my 2nd V-22 with a 22" Bartlein in Kukri contour. It's the only one of the three V-22s with a VGW Ravage chamber - I did the bbl work on the other two - both Kriegers - using a PTG EPS reamer. They all shoot great, and on any given day, one may out-shoot the other two by a small margin - and the next time out, likely as not, one of the others will out-shoot that rifle. Personally, after using several dozen Bartlein and even more Kriegers on my own & customers' rifles, I don't have a preference, and will use either brand, depending on what I've got in stock or can get the quickest.

Congratulations, it's nice to see the .17 MH2 get the respect it deserves.

Vudoo engineering and build quality combined with the new Hornady ammunition should prove to be quite accurate.

I've been shooting the Hm2 since it came out along with the .17 HMR and then the .17 WSM. All three are excellent for squirrel eradication on farm land. I use my MH2 suppressed almost daily and from 40-110yds with typical 5-10 mph quartering winds I don't miss many of the California digger squirrels in the filbert orchard. 392 last year and should beat that number this year. IMO the HM2 is slightly quieter and minimizes ricochet potential over the HMR. The WSM is a rimfire squirrel hammer though it's quite a bit louder.

I have numerous lots of Hornady HM2 ammo and the newer Hornady appears to have an edge in accuracy and brass quality. Split necks is quite common in the older ammo from my experience shooting approximately 7K rds. The newer lot (0052302) I haven't had any in 75rds compared to 10 out of 50 with the older lots.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAVAGE88
Hello - I have a couple of Vudoo’s and am thinking about selling one.

It’s 6 months old and has less than 1000 rounds of Lapua through it. A.I. AX w/ an Ace 20” MTU in FDE.

This is such a specialized, particular gun, any ideas out there on the best way to advertise it?

Thanks!
I doubt it would last long on the rimfire PX here. Vudoos never do.

Utoooooo.. Nice try at a runaround Rainierrimfire. But there are rules for a reason. Also getting banned here is a right of passage
HA, HA, yeah! After being directed to read my first email, and reading it again and actually paying attention to what I was reading this time, stating the rules, I felt like Joe Biden: what a gaf! If I get banned for being ignorant, that’s fine. C’mon, if I was really trying to do a work around I would have provided pics and a much better description. And, learning You can pay a fee to get access to the PX is great! It’s nothing! I’d pay that in an instant! I spend that in the first 20 minutes at the range every weekend.

This thing is pretty funny, but I want to thank the guys who actually helped me straighten out my ignorance.

No worries dude, live & learn. Like @nesikabay said, getting banned here is a rite of passage... Some of the greats have been banned several times, haha! Just read & try to follow Frank's rules and you'll be fine. Frank's rules are in place for a reason... He's not trying to run ar15.com here.

No worries dude, live & learn. Like @nesikabay said, getting banned here is a rite of passage... Some of the greats have been banned several times, haha! Just read & try to follow Frank's rules and you'll be fine. Frank's rules are in place for a reason... He's not trying to run ar15.com here.
HA, thanks. Funny thing is, like my first post states, I am just thinking about selling it, and I haven’t decided yet. If I get serious $40 is very reasonable to join the PX. I have it listed locally but precision rimfire isn’t really a thing around where I live so I’m not too worried. I was really just trying to open a dialogue about selling these things. Now I know.....HA!

Last edited:
HA, thanks. Funny thing is, like my first post states, I am just thinking about selling it, and I haven’t decided yet. If I get serious $40 is very reasonable to join the PX. I have it listed locally but precision rimfire isn’t really a thing around where I live so I’m not too worried. I was really just trying to open a dialogue about selling these things. Now I know.....HA!
Looks like to me now that your just trying to stack up your POSTS to get it to 100 ....sad sad

Do the barreled actions come with action screws and trigger pins? I just picked up my barreled action, bottom metal and spare mags and it had no trigger pins or action screws at all. I just assumed they were included.

Reactions: bjay