• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

The best group during ammo testing for the first time.
91D0B40F-A8A4-4BA5-AC24-2BAD23053BF2.jpeg
DDCC7B3C-846C-4B25-B4BB-D77D7C49CB05.jpeg
All ammo seems to shoot really well in these rifles.

Ive heard it needed to modified mag catch lever? I wanted to try orange mpa for thisView attachment 7135286

I have a vudoo in an MPA and the mags go in and hold fine...I had issues when leaning the mag into a prop...the mag tilted back toward the butt and rounds would nose dive.

I took plastic wall panel material I got at Lowe’s cut small strips and glued to the back of the mag and that fixed it.

Here's my baby. I'm proud of this rig. I absolutely love it!

View attachment 7130149

Vudoo V-22 with a Bartlein Barrel, MTU contour at 20"
XLR Carbon Chassis with a folding stock
USO LR-17 optic in Vortex rings
Jewel Trigger
Harris bipod

I stole all the parts from my .223 rig. Now all that I need is a can.

This rig will see considerably more range time. I just bought a KYL rack for it; 2"-1/4" plates in 1/4" increments. Me and my son plan on doing some shooting with it this weekend. I can't wait! The Vudoo is already my favorite rifle, and I've only had it out once to sight in the scope and shoot some steel. My wife, who had only shot a rifle once before in her life, was 5 for 5 on empty shotgun shells set up at 50 yards shooting bulk ammo. It is boringly accurate at 50. ;)

For those of you using cans, have you found any in particular that work better than others. From the few that I have tested the OSS Rad-22 seems to be consistently the best.

For those of you using cans, have you found any in particular that work better than others. From the few that I have tested the OSS Rad-22 seems to be consistently the best.

I have tried (and own) AAC, Thunderbeast , SilencerCo, Shark, ECCO, Keystone, Gemtech and Jet.

Thunderbeast is the most accurate, quietest and has the least FRP. It is also painless to clean.

Keystone is behind for noise and ECCO is barely behind.

Jet and Gemtech (integrals) win for CDI factor.

Anyone ever run a SilencerCo Octane 9 Suppressor on their Vudoo? I'm tempted, since it can be taken down and cleaned, but I was curious to see if anyone else has already tried it.

I tend to appreciate the 'heavier' rimfire suppressors - ones that have snap-together baffle stacks made of stainless, and that are beefy enough to stand up to any of the rimfire magnums, even up to and including the FN 5.7-28CF cartridge. To that end, I have a SWR Spectre II & TBAC 22TD. Accuracy with both these models has been at least as good as it was w/o them attached, and they're both very quiet, with the 22TD having slightly less first-round 'pop' than the Spectre II. IOW, I'm very pleased & satisfied with both these cans.

There are so many other makers that have come up with unique 'variable length' designs, as well as some very light ones with aluminum monolithic baffle designs - more than I've been able to keep up with. If the process of purchasing a can wasn't still such a PITA to go through, I'd be a whole lot more likely to 'buy & try' several others that have features that intrigue me. But since I'm really pretty much satisfied with what I've got - unless they are removed from the NFA list and it gets a whole lot simpler to acquire them - I've probably bought the last RF can I'll ever own.

For your reading pleasure:

MB
You hade me until the RPR. There is no way in hell an RPR is match ready. Shooters are still having feeding problems . And all are looking for new barrels

Shooters are still having feeding problems .

I love my Vudoo and it definitely looks, feels, and shoots a notch above the RPR. However, my factory RPR shoots extremely close if not as well as my Vudoo and I've never had a feed issue or malfunction using factory mags.

Personally, I'd feel very comfortable taking my RPR to a match. Who knows, maybe I have a unicorn...

I love my Vudoo and it definitely looks, feels, and shoots a notch above the RPR. However, my factory RPR shoots extremely close if not as well as my Vudoo and I've never had a feed issue or malfunction using factory mags.

Personally, I'd feel very comfortable taking my RPR to a match. Who knows, maybe I have a unicorn...
Check, Your ass maybe that's where the Unicorn is hiding

Never mind ESB VADER I found your IP and past post on other sites. I know your full of shit. But if you have money and balls. Bring your RPR to to shoot as good as my Vudoo

Owned an RPR. It shot really well with Midas plus. Easily well enough to win a match. That being said, I sold it within a week. Wasn’t my cup of tea.

“Match ready” can mean a lot of things.

It’s a perfectly fine rifle for a beginner to buy, throw a cheap optic on, and go to a match.

Reactions: ESBVader
I am struggling to understand the tone of the comments. I was simply stating my experience with both firearms.

Apologies if that triggered something unintentionally. Was certainly not meant to be argumentative, though it appears to have been taken that way?

I mainly post here but have a few posts related to reloading a year or so ago that I can recall on AR15.com. I am not on any other firearms sites that I can remember.

Sorry @RAVAGE88 if your thread derailed.

Back to all things Vudoo. Every match someone shows up with their new Vudoo. Last week it was my buddy I finally convinced him he had to have one. Killed me. I keep finishing lower and lower. Tell your friends to buy RPR's or whatever is my advice.

Reactions: KaM
Stopped by to pick up my 6mm Creedmoore that Hill Country Rifles was doing some "Tweaking" on and they showed me my Vudoo as the McMillian A 10 stock had just come in . They will bed it this week and then the stock is off to painting and I should get the rifle in about two plus weeks ... Its been a long wait but then being left handed I have learned it takes longer.

Reactions: ESBVader and bjay
I would agree but after 5 months waiting for McMillian and the A 10 we are so close I can wait. It will have a Jewel trigger and a Nightforce scope . I'll have it by the time the weather cools a little right now we have heat indexes above 105 until evening. The worst August I can remember in this part of Texas ... oh well I don't believe in Climate change just cling to the Summers are hot and Winters are cold theory

Reactions: bjay and brianf
I am one month into my wait for a mcmillan for my vudoo.The wait always sucks but when you get the stock you forget about the wait.

I REALLY wanted their new A10 stock. But at the end, I decided not to wait. I decided to get the AIAT instead. Very happy with it. My only concern with the A10 was that I might have had to bed it. I know alot of people don't bed them and they shoot fine. But, I didn't want to deal with if for some reason I needed to bed it.

I may still end up with the Adj A-10. That's the benefit of the R700 footprint.

I received my Vudoo a few weeks ago. I was just waiting on the Volquartsen compensator I ordered. Actually, the Vudoo was ready quite a while ago, but the Nightforce scope I ordered had not been delivered to them yet, so I asked them to hold onto the rifle, so they could mount the scope, as well. Super nice rifle, and fantastic company and people to deal with. I couldn't be more pleased.
IMG_0100.jpg

I received my Vudoo a few weeks ago. I was just waiting on the Volquartsen compensator I ordered. Actually, the Vudoo was ready quite a while ago, but the Nightforce scope I ordered had not been delivered to them yet, so I asked them to hold onto the rifle, so they could mount the scope, as well. Super nice rifle, and fantastic company and people to deal with. I couldn't be more pleased. View attachment 7138701
Nice looking rifle!

I've seen a few new Vudoo owners put compensators on their rifles and wondered whether they might have a negative effect on accuracy. I know they're just for looks, but still, is there a chance of the comp creating some turbulence at the muzzle that could have an effect on relatively slow-moving .22RF bullets?