• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

If you guys are using a suppressor, is there any concern with concentric barrel/bore with these barrels? I have been reading up on suppressors and I see alot of this. I assume the barrels on the v22 are concentric. Do I need to to check anything before I attach the suppressor and pull the trigger?

In general (As I might be picking up another suppressor for 556, etc) does one need to be vigilant about concentrically on AR platforms or tikka bolt actions? I will ask this in the suppressor forum but since I'm here, figured give it a go.

If you guys are using a suppressor, is there any concern with concentric barrel/bore with these barrels? I have been reading up on suppressors and I see alot of this. I assume the barrels on the v22 are concentric. Do I need to to check anything before I attach the suppressor and pull the trigger?

In general (As I might be picking up another suppressor for 556, etc) does one need to be vigilant about concentrically on AR platforms or tikka bolt actions? I will ask this in the suppressor forum but since I'm here, figured give it a go.

The muzzle threads on any barrel we use are true to the bore so you won't see baffle strikes.

MB

My TBAC 22TD is perfectly fine on both my Vudoo Ravage and Tikka T1X. Similarly my TBAC centerfire suppressors mount just fine to my Tikka CTR and other rifles. An easy way to see is just remove the bolt and look down the bore.

Ok, I hope Ravage88 or someone else can answer this question. I bought a aiax chassis to put my voodoo barreled action in when it gets here but did not think about the diff mags for the chassis. Did I screw up or are the voodoo mags gonna fit my aiax chassis without problems? I really hope so.

Last edited:
Ok, I hope Ravage88 can answer this question. I bought a aiax chassis to put my voodoo barreled action in when it gets here but did not think about the diff mags for the chassis. Did I screw up or are the voodoo mags gonna fit my aiax chassis without problems? I really hope so.
If your AI takes aics standard.then youll be fine

Ok, I hope Ravage88 or someone else can answer this question. I bought a aiax chassis to put my voodoo barreled action in when it gets here but did not think about the diff mags for the chassis. Did I screw up or are the voodoo mags gonna fit my aiax chassis without problems? I really hope so.

If you bought the short action, I would think you are fine.

Reactions: Corndog

What TREE said....

MB

How do you like your ETR? After doing a bunch of research on various scopes online today the ETR seems to be the one I'm leaning towards.

I've compared an Athlon Ares ETR to several of the Cronus BTR & pre-BTR scopes I have on V-22 & 40X repeaters; optically, they seem quite similar in image quality. Mechanically, the ETR's turret clicks are more distinct - almost too distinct when new, as I sometimes had a problem getting only one click due to excessive break-out force required on the knobs, at least compared to the Cronus' knobs. I ran an ETR on my 40XB for a few weeks, figuring running the elevation turret as often as is required on a .22RF would allow me to judge whether it would 'wear-in' or not. I felt that with steady use, the turret clicks did wear-in just a bit, which made it easier to get a single click without having to concentrate so much to do so. After that, I put the ETR over onto a custom M70 in 6x47, and put the pre-BTR Cronus back on the 40XB. I did have occasion to compare the ETR to one of my Kahles K624i AMR scopes on a Bighorn 6 Dasher while shooting both rifles at 600yds on a rather dark, overcast afternoon, and was somewhat surprised at how good the ETR's glass seemed to be relative to the Kahles on that particular day. Bear in mind though that I'm 67yrs old, and my eyes sure as heck aren't what they were 10yrs ago. Heck, I can tell the quality of my vision has diminished noticeably over just the past 5yrs....cataract surgery may be needed sooner rather than later I'm afraid...

I've compared an Athlon Ares ETR to several of the Cronus BTR & pre-BTR scopes I have on V-22 & 40X repeaters; optically, they seem quite similar in image quality. Mechanically, the ETR's turret clicks are more distinct - almost too distinct when new, as I sometimes had a problem getting only one click due to excessive break-out force required on the knobs, at least compared to the Cronus' knobs. I ran an ETR on my 40XB for a few weeks, figuring running the elevation turret as often as is required on a .22RF would allow me to judge whether it would 'wear-in' or not. I felt that with steady use, the turret clicks did wear-in just a bit, which made it easier to get a single click without having to concentrate so much to do so. After that, I put the ETR over onto a custom M70 in 6x47, and put the pre-BTR Cronus back on the 40XB. I did have occasion to compare the ETR to one of my Kahles K624i AMR scopes on a Bighorn 6 Dasher while shooting both rifles at 600yds on a rather dark, overcast afternoon, and was somewhat surprised at how good the ETR's glass seemed to be relative to the Kahles on that particular day. Bear in mind though that I'm 67yrs old, and my eyes sure as heck aren't what they were 10yrs ago. Heck, I can tell the quality of my vision has diminished noticeably over just the past 5yrs....cataract surgery may be needed sooner rather than later I'm afraid...
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

It just had a "teaser clip" w/no info.

I’ve recently placed on order for a V-22. Need advice on whether to order the custom case with my Vudoo. For those that have the custom case, is it worth the extra coin and is it practical to use why traveling routinely to and from the local range? Thanks for any advice.

I’ve recently placed on order for a V-22. Need advice on whether to order the custom case with my Vudoo. For those that have the custom case, is it worth the extra coin and is it practical to use why traveling routinely to and from the local range? Thanks for any advice.
Let me just say that $300 is a LOT of good practice ammo. A cheap case will be more than effective in most situations. Meanwhile, a few thousand rounds of practice will make you a WAY better shooter. Just depends if your all about show or go!

That being said, it is a sexy case ;-)

Yessir, you sure can. We’ve been shipping internationally for a while.

MB

How does that work with ITAR?

I would love to have one but at this point it’s out of my price range. Anyway this action with some nice barrel dropped into @ejg’s PSE Composites E-Tac 4 stock would be maybe the sweetest rimfire that can be :) In Finland it would be probably over 3000€ (4000 USD) without optics.

How does that work with ITAR?

I would love to have one but at this point it’s out of my price range. Anyway this action with some nice barrel dropped into @ejg’s PSE Composites E-Tac 4 stock would be maybe the sweetest rimfire that can be :) In Finland it would be probably over 3000€ (4000 USD) without optics.

ITAR poses no issues as long as proper processes and rules are followed.

MB

I'd get the case. Appears to be a Pelican to start with, just double that cost for a custom case with great looks and it already have the cut outs. Imagine, at the range, on a sunny day where everyone is so gleefully happy, you slowly open up that case and the smell of death starts circulating in the air, people of all ages start looking around in fear, trembling. Oh wait....that's me. lOL ??☠? scared myself. Ima get me one of them vudoos one day.

I'd get the case. Appears to be a Pelican to start with, just double that cost for a custom case with great looks and it already have the cut outs. Imagine, at the range, on a sunny day where everyone is so gleefully happy, you slowly open up that case and the smell of death starts circulating in the air, people of all ages start looking around in fear, trembling. Oh wait....that's me. lOL ??☠? scared myself. Ima get me one of them vudoos one day.

My case from Vudooo is made by Peak. It is a very nice addition to the v-22. I look at the rifle as an investment so the extra coin was worth it to me.

Let me just say that $300 is a LOT of good practice ammo. A cheap case will be more than effective in most situations. Meanwhile, a few thousand rounds of practice will make you a WAY better shooter. Just depends if your all about show or go!

That being said, it is a sexy case ;-)
I have one and can’t tell you I used it once now put it in a good soft case, it’s just to heavy...

This Vudoo is amazing! Rifle finished Friday, shot on Saturday. We ran 4 people at a local 22 precision match with 1 shooter winning the match. Can't say enough great things about the Vudoo. 3 hits on a 1/4" "plate" as the last target on a 50 yd KYL rack is crazy! Maybe they called them Vudoo because of the Dark Magic they use to make them.

TROD.jpg

Reactions: agbm and RAVAGE88
havnt posted in a bit
of course didnt video this time out
i got tired of hitting the 100 KYL spinners so i started hitting the 3/8" shaft holding the circles
it really does amaze me how accurate they are
was using SK match, usually center x shoots better but this lot of SK likes the bore to be pretty clean
Vudoo bore guide, bronze wet brush for a few strokes
few dry patches few wet ones and this lot shoots great

I know that Altus just got in some new Barreled Actions. This is where I got mine.
They helped me A WHOLE LOT. I was treated more than well, in every way. That includes
PRICE. No reduction, just very good help and service.
Having had my Vudoo for several months now, I would buy it again at even higher price.
Price is only one feature of any product, and when it is the most important, you are making
a bad purchase.
Hope you have enough mental dexterity to figure out that the owners of a Vudoo, feel that they
are a value------at any price.
PRICE IS ONLY ONE FEATURE OF ANY PRODUCT!!!

I know that Altus just got in some new Barreled Actions. This is where I got mine.
They helped me A WHOLE LOT. I was treated more than well, in every way. That includes
PRICE. No reduction, just very good help and service.
Having had my Vudoo for several months now, I would buy it again at even higher price.
Price is only one feature of any product, and when it is the most important, you are making
a bad purchase.
Hope you have enough mental dexterity to figure out that the owners of a Vudoo, feel that they
are a value------at any price.
PRICE IS ONLY ONE FEATURE OF ANY PRODUCT!!!
I would do the same I bought mine a bbl action. Planning on a rebarrel to a longer bbl. After I shot it a while. There is no way in hell I will rebarrel.

I've only had one ACE, and it was the lightest contour VGW sells, the Ranch. I had it on a bbl'd action from VGW, set up in a Manners EH-2 stock. I shot it side-by-side with my other two V-22s, one with a Krieger sendero contour that I chambered & fitted, the other a Bartlein Kukri, both 22" long. The ranch - being several pounds lighter than either of the heavier bbl'd actions - was harder to hold still at the shot break & follow-through, yet groups with this light weight ACE bbl were very comparable to those with the heavier rifles. I have little doubt that an ACE bbl of the same contour & weight as my Bartlein or Krieger would shoot as well as either. I know, this opinion is based on only one ACE bbl, but I've read too many glowing reports of accuracy from V-22/ACE owners to think my experience is an exceptional one.

However, after having used several dozens of Bartlein & Krieger blanks on CF builds for myself & customers, I know many shooters would likely have a preference for either of these brands over anything else. And if that's the case, no problem, VGW offers them as well as the ACE - your money, your choice.

Last edited:
Has there been any perceivable difference in accuracy from the ACE barrels to the Bart or Kreigers?

The Ace (Vudoo) barrels are stellar performers; highly consistent barrel to barrel and have provided excellent accuracy. Having said this, I've personally been a Krieger fan for over 20 years and later on, an avid user of Bartlein. Overall, every brand of barrel we use at Vudoo is validated before we'll agree to offer it as an in-house barrel. We won't install barrels shipped to us unless it's one of the validated brands because we'll not be able to speak to its performance based on our own experience as it relates to rimfire. There are many other high quality brands we've not validated but are in the process of validating a few other well known brands and rifling types.

We currently use Ace (Vudoo), Krieger, Bartlein, Lothar Walther and Proof. We're testing a few rifles with the Shilen Ratchet but don't have enough data yet to make a call on whether we'll offer it. More to come on this over the next few months....

The Ace (Vudoo) is our go-to barrel. What I mean by this is, if someone places an order and doesn't specify a barrel brand, we'll always put an Ace (Vudoo) barrel on. We have tons of experience with the Ace (Vudoo), played a hand in its development and have a ton of data that speaks to its consistency and accuracy.

As far as any perceivable difference in accuracy, based on the reasons we validate, that would be splitting hairs at a pretty high level....hope this helps.

MB

Has there been any perceivable difference in accuracy from the ACE barrels to the Bart or Kreigers?

I asked the same question on here a few months prior to ordering mine. From the answers I received here and from talking with Paul at Vudoo, I opted for the Ace barrel. I asked Paul what he and the rest of the crew were using on their personal rifles and he stated that most were using the Ace. He did state though, that the deference in accuracy between the Ace and the other barrels they use was very close.

I've had my Vudoo Ridgeback with the Ace barrel and Triggertech Diamond trigger for 4 months now and I'm 100% happy with my purchase. It's a straight up shooter! The accuracy of it went beyond my expectations!

Reactions: 10ring1