Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

Knockando 18 and 21 samples I traded with someone for. First off, I wasn’t familiar with these Speyside single malts, the elder being distilled in 1994. I sampled them blind and actually preferred the 21 yr in the end. They’re both delicious and I went back on forth on them. I’ve done this with my Glen Dronachs and Yellow and Red Spots.
I’m grateful for the generous samples sent to me. 🍻

1724130990223.png

Second shelf from the right, third bottle from the right, in the back. I know I like that stuff. The rest of this in my buddy's basement I haven't got a clue about, but it's impressive to me. Probalby 90% of that inventory is gifts.

I picked up 3 at MSRP when they first dropped… no one was looking for them. One went to a buddy. This is my last bottle. No idea what it goes for? It’s polite for 133p brown sugar and Carmel bomb. The age makes a difference from the other releases. I like this C923, B520 and then A123. Those are my top 3

Reactions: Stuey
I picked up 3 at MSRP when they first dropped… no one was looking for them. One went to a buddy. This is my last bottle. No idea what it goes for? It’s polite for 133p brown sugar and Carmel bomb. The age makes a difference from the other releases. I like this C923, B520 and then A123. Those are my top 3
Elijah Craig BP A119, C919, 135.2, 136.8 respectively I believe. At least that’s what I documented. Forgot about these. I remember the C919 being incredible and well rounded for the proof.

Reactions: Labanaktis
Reactions: 375fan
Went to rifle match today and shot with friends.
Came home , made jalapeño burgers and zucchini I got at a farm market , on the grill. Making chocolate chip cookies for the wife.
Best part is I'm now relaxing and sipping on some Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon. Unfortunately , I have to work tomorrow.

Reactions: Labanaktis
I drank RR13 and Stag at a local establishment last night while watching the Eagles game.

I did not ask to see the bottles so no idea what batch/release of either. But the Stag was absolutely delicious. So much depth and flavor, like a buttery desert. I could have drank the entire bottle. Good thing it's only 2mile from my house.

RR13 was hot as hell and lacked flavor, all heat.