Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

A double shot of “Apple Pie”.

1 Gal Unsweetened apple juice - natural
4 large cinnamon sticks
1/2 Cup Honey
3 Tbs Brown Sugar
1-1/2 +/- cups Everclear/Corn Liquor

Mix all ingredients together - put in jug and refrigerate. Shake well before serving

• Wow
Reactions: Marinevet1
Changaroo
IMG_6161.jpeg

Leave out the jalapeños and change the bourbon to rye for me, please.
I'm out of Woodford rye at the moment. It is probably my favorite to drink. Once this bottle of Reserve is gone I'll start in on the 2 bottles of Woodford Double Oaked that were Christmas presents from clients, it's really good stuff.
The jalapeños aren't going away unless I sub in some Hatch chili's in their place. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Modoc
I'm out of Woodford rye at the moment. It is probably my favorite to drink. Once this bottle of Reserve is gone I'll start in on the 2 bottles of Woodford Double Oaked that were Christmas presents from clients, it's really good stuff.
The jalapeños aren't going away unless I sub in some Hatch chili's in their place. ;)
You guys are killing me! It suxs having to tame down food for SWMBO and the minion when I WANT good flavor and heat! Hence the the bottles of Yucateco sauce on the table. 😁🤯

Tonight is Scrimshaw Pilsner from Lost Coast Brewing and Kirkland Scotch (primers and powder come first!).

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
This is for you Modoc.
Tonight I grilled burgers on the grill along with sweet corn (in the husk). After the burgers got flipped I put slices of fresh jalapeños on them, after several minutes a slice of cheese went on top and allowed to melt all over. Sliced tomatoes for on top after being placed on grilled bun.
The sweet corn, tomatoes, and jalapeños were all grown in the garden of one of my wife's friends. Washed down with some Modelo Negro.
Dessert time, time to crack open a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked.

Last edited:
Couldn't find anything else in the house, and had no desire to leave to get anything, so resorted to belvedere with lime seltzer. The belvedere in this house may be older than me.

I drink vodka about once a year, if that. Because I hate it.

However, when I grill, I need a drink. It's just my thing. Hit up a new local butcher earlier today and had them make me a blend of 60% ground venison 40% ground beef (70/30). Made some pretty awesome burgers tonight. Vodka in hand.

Reactions: Modoc and 375fan
Never had batch 1 but 3 had some really old juice in it… The B3 I had was buttery, fatty and thick flavor, kinda like a great Weller Full Proof Store pick. It just had that experience

Last edited:
Reactions: ColbyLang
I couldn’t wait, DANG! Nose is Sweet, with a rye spice punch. Beautiful barrel influence with classic bourbon flavors. Proof is great, no ethanol and I still get that tingle on the gums. Dark red fruits and a hit of leather and cola notes. Medium finish. I’ve been after one of these for almost 3 years and it does not disappoint. Aaaaaa!

We were at the distillery and they had a couple openings that afternoon. They keep a few open throughout the week for this bottling. It was $169 and change. 15/20 minutes to go back and hand bottle your own. There are a few YT clips of this experience if you’re interested.

IMG_4163.jpeg

I couldn’t wait, DANG! Nose is Sweet, with a rye spice punch. Beautiful barrel influence with classic bourbon flavors. Proof is great, no ethanol and I still get that tingle on the gums. Dark red fruits and a hit of leather and cola notes. Medium finish. I’ve been after one of these for almost 3 years and it does not disappoint. Aaaaaa!

We were at the distillery and they had a couple openings that afternoon. They keep a few open throughout the week for this bottling. It was $169 and change. 15/20 minutes to go back and hand bottle your own. There are a few YT clips of this experience if you’re interested.

View attachment 8481980
Very cool! Love all the Michter’s I’ve tried.

View attachment 8481980
May want to mark out the names on the bottle and snifter.

Reactions: Labanaktis