What scope are you guys using for ELR?

Now with the 7x35 ATACR on order with an ETA of maybe June I need to decide on mounting and increased elevation. I have 50moa rail already. Options I'm considering are:

1. ARC M10 one piece base with additional moa and a Charlie Tarac.
  2. An Ivey adjustable base
  3. ???

It is funny but I was a serious doubter of the Charlie Tarac when I first saw it at shot show. I'm sold though and it is what we see people winning with. I'm looking forward to seeing a March Genesis on the line but that is some serious coin for glass...

-Alex

Yes this is a 4-40 prototype . Apologies for poor quality phone photo through the scope , image is very much
better in person . Glass is very good , reticle is easy to use and not too busy . Tracking was within 0.23 % ,
it has a wide angle eyepiece which gave the impression of a much larger exit pupil , so easy to get a great
sight picture . ( actual exit pupil , is front lens size divided by max zoom power )

It’s physically much smaller than the 6-60 Genesis , so looks more at home on conventional rifles such as the
6.5 x47 in the quoted post . On a big Magnum , I’d run the 400 MOA 6-60 : this 4-40 model will be excellent for
guys wanting to ELR their everyday calibers . It has around 90 MILS travel , enough to get your 6.5 to 3k if you
need to .

Last edited:
Yes this is a 4-40 prototype . Apologies for poor quality phone photo through the scope , image is very much
better in person . Glass is very good , reticle is easy to use and not too busy . Tracking was within 0.23 % ,
it has a wide angle eyepiece which gave the impression of a much larger exit pupil , so easy to get a great
sight picture . ( actual exit pupil , is front lens size divided by max zoom power )

It’s physically much smaller than the 6-60 Genesis , so looks more at home on conventional rifles such as the
6.5 x47 in the quoted post . On a big Magnum , I’d run the 400 MOA 6-60 : this 4-40 model will be excellent for
guys wanting to ELR their everyday calibers . It has around 90 MILS travel , enough to get your 6.5 to 3k if you
need to .

Very cool, when will the 4-40x be available? 300 minutes is more than enough for my .375 cheytac to get out to 3000+. Will the 4-40x cost less than the 6-60x?

I currently run a 10-60 x 56mm High Master with a Recknagel adjustable and a Tarac. The glass is totally usable at high mags, March is definitely ahead of the pack on resolution. The piggybank is slowly getting to a Genesis but now I might wait and see especially if the 4-40x is cheaper.

Not sure when 4-40 will get released , a lot of testing to do yet . We need to get a lot of rounds down on
a 50 first , March have a very high G recoil test rig in Japan , but there’s no substitute for real world field
testing . I think the price will be slightly less than the 6-60 , but not much . The amount of precision
machining required is just the same as it’s big brother , there’s just a bit less material involved . The 6-60
is ready now and should be slowly trickling into stock worldwide . March / Deon only assemble a few scopes
per day , so this will always remain a boutique high end product .

The High Master lens system is very good as you mentioned , resolution is so good I find myself using
the Genesis prototypes to stare at wildlife and terrain a long way out , if conditions allow .

Reactions: camotoe