• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes WHAT SCOPE TO BUY

tookinkee

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2010
California
I recently purchased a 5-R700 mil spec remington rifle. I am looking for a good scope from 100yards out to 1000. The one scope i was looking at right now is the Leupold Mark 4 8.5x25x50 TMR illuminated reticle. Any other suggestions of equal or better quality around the same price of roughly 1500.00? I have done a ton of research and understand there are better optics but at a much higher price. I like the TMR recticle, along with there warranty and longevity of the company. Customer service also seems to be top notch and they are American made. Thanks for any info.

Re: WHAT SCOPE TO BUY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tookinkee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and they are American made.</div></div>

News to me. </div></div>

Like the Chicom interals youre a fan of in the PH?

(BEFORE YOU ASK: Yes, that was from the people at PH who told me that "some" of their internals are from Taiwan. Straight FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.)

Not shitting on the PH, but before you go making a stink about "american made," know where youre stuff comes from too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaggy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tookinkee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and they are American made.</div></div>

News to me. </div></div>

Like the Chicom interals youre a fan of in the PH?

(BEFORE YOU ASK: Yes, that was from the people at PH who told me that "some" of their internals are from Taiwan. Straight FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.)

Not shitting on the PH, but before you go making a stink about "american made," know where youre stuff comes from too... </div></div>

I have done a EXTENSIVE amount of research. I understand not EVERY component is manufactured by Leupold. In fact MOST product today is OUTSOURCED due to being able to keep the cost down. However that doesnt mean lesser quality or not being able to be called american made. Chevys and Fords are made in MEXICO but there still AMERCIAN made. My ? is regarding WHAT scope you would recomend and WHY. NOT arguing where anything is MADE. I am looking for GOOD info and RELIABLE information. NOT an OPINION. Opinions are like.......a............holes everyone has one. I want good INTELLECTUAL SOLID information decision buying replys. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tookinkee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently purchased a 5-R700 mil spec remington rifle. I am looking for a good scope from 100yards out to 1000. The one scope i was looking at right now is the Leupold Mark 4 8.5x25x50 TMR illuminated reticle. Any other suggestions of equal or better quality around the same price of roughly 1500.00? I have done a ton of research and understand there are better optics but at a much higher price. I like the TMR recticle, along with there warranty and longevity of the company. Customer service also seems to be top notch and they are American made. Thanks for any info. </div></div>

I'd rather have a used Nightforce any day for that much $!

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NightForce 5.5-22X50mm MLR reticle/mil knobs. </div></div>

+1

You can definitely get a discontinued one for that price, and a used one with zero-stop for not much more.