• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

Replacing the radiator in a 6.7 ford. Man you got to take a lot of shit apart to get them out. Two radiators, ac condenser, transmission cooler, fan shroud.
AD61C870-1AC5-4D9E-BF6D-F51B81D11BBC.jpeg

Replacing the radiator in a 6.7 ford. Man you got to take a lot of shit apart to get them out. Two radiators, ac condenser, transmission cooler, fan shroud.
View attachment 7010995
Can’t click “like” for that can of worms. This new(er) stuff is terrible to work on, but I’m old. I can remember standing IN the engine compartment of my 65 GMC pickup to set points, carb work, etc...

Can’t click “like” for that can of worms. This new(er) stuff is terrible to work on, but I’m old. I can remember standing IN the engine compartment of my 65 GMC pickup to set points, carb work, etc...

I've worked on old Cheys and Fords where you could get in there with a trouble light, close the hood and still have room to work.

View attachment 7010995
Mine had the infamous cracked radiator when I bought it. Caught it when day I brought it home. Certified used Ford. Made them fix that one?

Kinda miserable in our little slice of Hell this afternoon. Winds out of the northwest at 31 with gusts to 40+. Blowing snow and the temperatures dropping. I wanted to shoot in the worst way, but at times visibility was nearly zero with blowing snow. I said screw it and stood at the bench.
3A789ED7-9DC8-458E-8595-0E5DBF7B135C.jpeg

These thing are becoming a pain. I don’t understand fords engineering. Most of the 6.7 engines I have worked on have less them a 150k on them and have had major issues. Not saying other trucks have issue also but you don’t see it as much in the semi trucks. I guess ford decided that a turbo, fuel pump or radiator is now a maintenance item.

These thing are becoming a pain. I don’t understand fords engineering. Most of the 6.7 engines I have worked on have less them a 150k on them and have had major issues. Not saying other trucks have issue also but you don’t see it as much in the semi trucks. I guess ford decided that a turbo, fuel pump or radiator is now a maintenance item.
I’m replacing my hpfp at 120k. Wear item in my book. Beats replacing a $7k fuel system. Ford isn’t the only one though. The radiator problems have been a known issue with the superduty trucks since ‘08 cheap as plastic endcaps is what a lot of guys blame it on but there are other companies that use plastic endcaps and don’t have the problems fords do. Sadly it’s the price you pay to have the most comfortable truck on the road.

If you think big trucks don’t have the problems pickups do, just ask a small trucking company t owner. These new big trucks are as bad or worse, engine wise, as the pickups.

Hi,

@Mooseknuckles and other mechanicly inclined members lol....

Opinions on International MTX??

Sincerely,
Theis
Those things are setup pretty stout. The Allison 2000 is a tough transmission behind the dt365,(which is a 6.0 ford power stroke).
That’s the only down fall. If you do the upgrades to the 6.0, like head studs, injectors, ficm, and delete the get cooler they are tougher then hell.

Reactions: Geno C.
I thought they might have been available in the bigger dt.. if it’s 365 only then like moose said, do the bulletproof stuff and oil cooler and it’ll be alright. The bigger dt, all they need is an eye delete and they’re set

Here's the best part of my view this week -

347cjmo.jpg

Backstory -

My favorite hunting trip of the year is with some of my closest friends in Alabama. This year was the son's first appearance. He dropped this 8 point with one of my rifles from about 80 yards, less than an hour after he arrived at the property. This is an exceptional young man, and I am pleased to have been a part of this experience.

We had a great trip, as usual, and then this morning, I did something I have never done in all my years of hunting.

I shot the wrong deer.

A mature 8 chased a doe across a 25-30 foot opening. I got the rifle ready, and a buck chased her back out. I quickly shot the buck.

Apparently, they passed each other, and the one that ran back out was a beautiful 2 year old 6 point. He weighed 150 lbs, and would have been spectacular in a few years.

My buddy, whose family owns the property, was very nice about it, but I felt awful. I have hunted this place for several years and never taken a deer at all, because I know what his management program is. He will not, however, go to waste. He is being processed, and will be eaten. The euro mount will go on my lamp post, as a reminder to check twice before taking a buck.

Hell everyone has or will shoot the wrong one some day.
Could be worse.

So stalking deer one day because they weren't moving in a 30mph wind.
Come in sight of a small clearing one large ceder tree in it.
2 nice looking doe stand up and jump behind the ceder.

Safety slides off, and I wait.
Pretty soon a head and neck stick out from behind the tree.
Perfect neck shot, 2 deer run off.

Evedently the yearling took one for the team, at least it did not have spots. Lol
I now wait for a grey muzzle on the doe.

Further to my earlier post about free beer, seems it is on a sliding scale, as the temperature rises the price falls. Already 110 F here and not quite midday yet.

Note to self........don't visit Adelaide in summer/January/February.

Barn; you are going to freeze your kiester off in LA. It'll be 65 F and you'll wanna jump in your rental car and drive up to the San Fernando valley where it will be a balmy 75 F. Us normal people ? We're fine with that. You ? We'll sleuth you out by the down jackets you'll be wearing........:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gawd.......117 F ? what a bunch of bullshit.....Yes, I'm a pussy.......:ROFLMAO:

Isn’t it funny how we acclimate to different extremes. Remember wearing shorts in February down here when I first moved. I don’t wear shorts in February anymore??? After 110 though I don’t care who you are or where.....it’s just miserable?

^^^ You’re a stud! My plan was to shoot this morning. It warmed up to -4 so it could snow ?. Visibility is poor. So much for that idea.

-3500 DA @ 1000 feet ASL. Ughh.

Sadly I've never pulled a trigger in those conditions. -1500 DA I think is the least.

Hi,

@mzvarner
Please PM a complete list of your firearms and accessories so I can help you get acclimated to the new you, lol.... I pay cash :)

In seriousness....Congrats!!! I cannot say how or what to get ready for because I have no children but we have some members here that make it look like a GREAT TIME!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@mzvarner
Please PM a complete list of your firearms and accessories so I can help you get acclimated to the new you, lol.... I pay cash :)

In seriousness....Congrats!!! I cannot say how or what to get ready for because I have no children but we have some members here that make it look like a GREAT TIME!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Lol, my dads first remark was "guess its time to sell the guns and dirt bike" i laughed and told him its time for another bike and i already bought her first gun (an aero ar10 build that im going to take good care of until shes ready).

Its motivating seeing what everyone posts about their journey as a parent. We are both pretty excited and equally terrified.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Lol, my dads first remark was "guess its time to sell the guns and dirt bike" i laughed and told him its time for another bike and i already bought her first gun (an aero ar10 build that im going to take good care of until shes ready).

Its motivating seeing what everyone posts about their journey as a parent. We are both pretty excited and equally terrified.
Congrats! Sounds like your priorities are squared away ?. Unfortunately, they don’t come with an Owners Manual, but you’ll figure it out as you go.

Congrats!

I've heard benadryl and a little Bailey's Irish Cream (call it a BB I guess) will settle them right down if they get unruly. Then again, I don't have any myself. Perhaps that is a good thing based on my first sentence ;)

Hi,

@mzvarner

Sincerely,
Theis
You know what’s better than seeing your children born? Becoming an “empty-nester” while you’re still young. ?

You know what’s better than seeing your children born? Becoming an “empty-nester” while you’re still young. ?

And then the precious little snowflakes take one on the snoot and come tumbling back home because they can't "adult."

Mere words and advice can never quite describe what you are in for as far as a life changing experience. My wife and I love ours kids to death, but some days are reduced to “God made them cute to give them a chance to survive days like these”.

As others have said, enjoy the ride, and make everyday fun for them. They are over before you know it.