Maggie’s What's Your View II

lol, I'm at work Jimmy. But if'n I weren't................. :giggle:

James, you got snow yet ? We got snow. It looks like it's sticking. I think it's headed yer way. Give it a couple of hours......I was gonna go to Kenmore.....but I weiner'd out.

BTW, have I mentioned that I love my GMC Yukon Denali ?.....:unsure:

Crab cake, country ham risotto(yeah it's not perfect, but fuck you Gordon Ramsay), leftover taters, sweet pease
IMG_20190203_170600340.jpg

Forgot to post pic...oops a bit tipsy.

James, you got snow yet ? We got snow. It looks like it's sticking. I think it's headed yer way. Give it a couple of hours......I was gonna go to Kenmore.....but I weiner'd out.

BTW, have I mentioned that I love my GMC Yukon Denali ?.....:unsure:

Off n on flurries. Looks like it wants to get serious. Drive home was uneventful.

Congrats on the move victory @1J04
Always good to get moving done.

Went to a public range today.
A local 22lr/fly shoot.
Missed the league and was there with the "highpoint" bunch.
Should've grabbed some pics, haven't seen that many "zombie" targets in one place before.
They are experts at testing your focus.
Maybe I can see the need for a plate carrier now at the range...

R

Thx @Rthur. It's a big weight off muh shoulders for sure.
You shoot that new 22 yet?

Reactions: Barneybdb
They keep saying 1-2 inches tonight. We will see. I’m just hoping the plow truck don’t break down. I have the only service truck for all of Raymond and Naselle. If it gets nasty I might get busy tonight.

That's what I'm hearing as well. And ya, they better have the damn road cleaned up by 0700!;)
If ya gotta go play be careful. The Elk are everywhere last few days on side of road between Bruceport and Johnson's Landing.

What's your initial thoughts on the gun itself and accuracy so far?. I imagine test8ng 36, 38, and 40 grainers? Or specific match ammo? I wanna good 22 as well, even if not a tricked out trainer. Mine are about done.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
That's what I'm hearing as well. And ya, they better have the damn road cleaned up by 0700!;)
If ya gotta go play be careful. The Elk are everywhere last few days on side of road between Bruceport and Johnson's Landing.
We saw 3 herds yesterday when I was headed to Astoria with my buddy.
On another note stopped in at Hunters for a couple beers and a burger. Never ate there before. All I have to say is that was a damn good burger?. Don’t know why I never ate there before.

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
We saw 3 herds yesterday when I was headed to Astoria with my buddy.
On another note stopped in at Hunters for a couple beers and a burger. Never ate there before. All I have to say is that was a damn good burger?. Don’t know why I never ate there before.

And HUGE BURGERS. If you sit in the dining area in front of the Moose Antlers and look across the street up on the hill you'll be sitting maybe 120 yds from my place. ?

I have a trail to the counter. ?

What's your initial thoughts on the gun itself and accuracy so far?. I imagine test8ng 36, 38, and 40 grainers? Or specific match ammo? I wanna good 22 as well, even if not a tricked out trainer. Mine are about done.
Feels like the full sized versions.
Specifically the bolt on full battery.
Even in cold weather with semi generic ammo(wolf target match) it was stacking more than a few at 100.
Was kinda cool to see the bullet on its way out through the scope.
Will be using subsonic match ammo mostly, may try some of the standard offerings.
I'd imagine it will take a few rounds to burnish in the barrel/settle down.
I'm of the opinion with quality ammo it's more than capable of shooting moa or better @100.
Fit and finish are top shelf just like the centerfire examples.
I'm currently running a Triggertech primary and I'm considering going to a TT Diamond for the sub 1# pull.
I can see me getting in much more trigger time with this rimfire as I have 100 yards in my back yard.

R

Feels like the full sized versions.
Specifically the bolt on full battery.
Even in cold weather with semi generic ammo(wolf target match) it was stacking more than a few at 100.
Was kinda cool to see the bullet on its way out through the scope.
Will be using subsonic match ammo mostly, may try some of the standard offerings.
I'd imagine it will take a few rounds to burnish in the barrel/settle down.
I'm of the opinion with quality ammo it's more than capable of shooting moa or better @100.
Fit and finish are top shelf just like the centerfire examples.
I'm currently running a Triggertech primary and I'm considering going to a TT Diamond for the sub 1# pull.
I can see me getting in much more trigger time with this rimfire as I have 100 yards in my back yard.

R

Awesome. I'm looking forward to following along as you make this very cool journey. And ya, catching the flight is pretty cool. You can see many of the 200gr subs outta the 300BO. Fun as hell. Looking forward as well shooting more 22.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and Rthur
Tad jealous Rthur.

I have a couple projects cooking right now

Would like a dillion press to speed up the pistol and 556 loading.

Really want a Vudoo....... someday maybe.

Maybe momma can buy me one? ?
Have had a 650 for several years.
Only pistol ammo but I'd imagine it'd eat 223 just fine.
If you have several tubes of primers ready 500/hour pistol ammo isn't hard to achieve.

The Vudoo is a serious piece of rimfire fun.
Mags fit my MPA chassis better than any others I've used.
I'm sure Mike will fix you up when you are ready.

R

Last edited:
Reactions: jungle45 and 1J04
Did it cause the rust where the bumper bent in the bed?

Or the light oxidation where the paint is missing on the dually?

Im calling both BS (unless you witnessed it all first hand or have video) and piss poor driving skills.

How do you hit stuff in a truck with a backup camera?

Did it cause the rust where the bumper bent in the bed?

Or the light oxidation where the paint is missing on the dually?

Im calling both BS (unless you witnessed it all first hand or have video) and piss poor driving skills.

How do you hit stuff in a truck with a backup camera?
You are ruining all my fun bashing on Dodge.

As far as the camera, well people are just stupid. Saw the entire side of an Escalade get wiped out. was at a detail shop, employee backed out of the garage, the collision avoidance radar was going ape shit, but he did not know what all the bells and chimes meant. In the camera you can not see items directly to the side of the bumper. He drug the concrete pole that protects the building all the way down the side to the front tire. Was about 10 years ago.

My aunt backed into a garbage can and dented her trunk lid a little. Did not have a camera, but did have rear radar. My uncle was dumbfounded also.

Hi,

Well my new PR for 3 miles of stairs...

Who would have thought that the only motivation needed was to have spent the past 4 hours explaining Firearm Technology to the BATFE Firearms Technology Branch.....

View attachment 7018133

Sincerely,
Theis
I imagine that beating your head on a concrete wall for 4 hours would be more productive.

The post I drove with my bare fists ?? ? I have no idea what the original thing was that hit the white one. I just saw it this morning and the post lined up exactly with whatever originally wrinkled it and laughed my ass off!

Oxidation on the dually is caused by road salt. He smashed it yesterday in Ohio about noon. That’s what happens to Midwest trucks.

I’m sorry if my ribbing you dodge owners puts sand in your pussies. Wait... not really ?

Sigh. First dosing of bat piss in the new truck. Ran through many boxes on the 2015 also.

If they feel compelled to tell you on the box to not add it directly to the fuel tank then you probably shouldn't be even buying the stuff to begin with!

View attachment 7018140
Ah, but it happens all the time. I have to give it to chevy, their DEF filler is in the best location. We have DEF on the pump here, people pick the wrong nozzle while on their cell phone A LOT.

Ah, but it happens all the time. I have to give it to chevy, their DEF filler is in the best location. We have DEF on the pump here, people pick the wrong nozzle while on their cell phone A LOT.

Yeah, that's true. It's under the hood on the passengers side right?

I was full on DEF when I took the drive from Austin to Atlanta over the holidays but Love's had a great deal at the pump. Only saw it at truck stops though. You have it at the pump even at regular stations?

I've seen a few YouTube videos of what DEF does when it's added to the fuel. Not a pretty $ight...

Hi,

Well my new PR for 3 miles of stairs...

Who would have thought that the only motivation needed was to have spent the past 4 hours explaining Firearm Technology to the BATFE Firearms Technology Branch.....

View attachment 7018133

Sincerely,
Theis
Solid work, you'll be ready to chase those Elk this fall.

R

Reactions: Barneybdb and 1J04
Sigh. First dosing of bat piss in the new truck. Ran through many boxes on the 2015 also.

If they feel compelled to tell you on the box to not add it directly to the fuel tank then you probably shouldn't be even buying the stuff to begin with!

View attachment 7018140
Don't buy by the box, royal screwing on the price.
Go over to the big truck area and find the one they like to hide.
Saves mucho dinero.

R

Don't buy by the box, royal screwing on the price.
Go over to the big truck area and find the one they like to hide.
Saves mucho dinero.

R

This area north of Austin is like the void of all truck stops! Gotta drive all the way (60 miles) up to Waco before you get to the first big-rig area. It's actually pretty strange to be honest.

Reactions: Rthur
I'm still waiting on a mylegram, they put me off till February because of some kind of hospital merger. Sure been a lot of that merger mess going on since 2016......I wonder why?

Talked to a friend that works in the industry. He seems to think they are looking for spinal fluid leak.
I guess my doctor's office didnt think I needed to know much.

On a lighter note I doubled through playing 1-2NL before the tourney started.
I busted out of tourney and waiting for another spot at 1-2 table. I'm having a good day with my headaches. It's there but just a dull pain. I'll play till it gets worse.

Damn sorry to hear about this. Hang tough.

Reactions: 1J04