• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What's Your View II

400 rounds between cleanings seems like the number for this 6.5CM. Anyone else using slip 2000 products? I’ve had good luck and it’s on the shelf at the LGS.View attachment 7015378
That’s really good for a 6.5 Looks like your just getting carbon to which is all a good barrel should have. My 260 starts to open up just a bit after 300+.

Last edited:
Those must be good barrels. You guys are getting great numbers. 6.5x284 is about 200, 243 AI is 325. Both are Benchmark barrels. Range is 1000 so that's all I shoot. Some days it's just operator error.

Reactions: 1J04
A rare Thursday night at the hockey fights. We’re in second place in our division.
129D3280-DCD4-4C09-8DD9-1CD7E381C0AF.jpeg

Last time I was at Brux, Bob sebold was just getting back from the Berger SWN and I walked out with 3 barrels! Easiest cleaning barrels I’ve ever shot are rock creek though

First custom barrel and haven’t spent much time with it but so far....Krieger seems to be good stuff. The cleaning thing is something I hope to enjoy as well?

If it isnt food or something you can store on the shelf, do you really want it fallowing you home if all it likes is money?.......

I know @1J04 ‘s kinda woman can sit on the shelf for a while.......

I will take ammo and guns following me home all day.
5k rds greeted me on the doorstep when I just got home. Happy old man I am.

If it isnt food or something you can store on the shelf, do you really want it fallowing you home if all it likes is money?.......

Depends how much you can pump into it.?

Reactions: 6/250/40 and 1J04

You ain’t old........yet.......:eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First custom barrel and haven’t spent much time with it but so far....Krieger seems to be good stuff. The cleaning thing is something I hope to enjoy as well?
Good equipment/kit is worth the extra coin. The above fore mentioned barrels along with a few others allow you to shoot more and clean less. I keep detailed logs on each system. When multiple impacts on the same target under the same condition start to open just a bit, I’ll check the “last cleaned bore” count and right as rain, it’s due. Makes life easier.

Last edited:
Last night my friend Christine was editing some of the pictures from her photo shoot at our place last weekend.
She sent me a handful of them. I can't wait to see the rest!
Brittney's birthday was Monday, and little Noah will be turning 1 on the 21st of this month.
Should be a great party!

51260237_2278521882410036_2771512254028316672_n.jpg

51593852_2243752382506285_3920854161091985408_n.jpg

51053082_957557817774711_4537141367742136320_n.jpg

51165128_365423504009857_8509406708274036736_n.jpg

Gonna play some poker today. Might be my only supplemental income in a few months. Disability is looking like a real possibility very soon.
View attachment 7016588

Easy to mentally go down that road amigo and perfectly normal to do it. just remember to come out the other side swinging come what may? Woke up feeling like somebody used an Hitachi with a 3” framer at L5-S1 but you can bet your ass the balance of the reloading for that 6.5-284 is getting done today cuz I’m confirming a load tomorrow? Your brothers are here for ya, so chin up dude and the devil be damned?

Hi,

@armorpl8chikn
I will have to go back and search your post to see exactly what you are dealing with BUT that being said........

Do NOT let it get you down in mentally even if for now it is seemingly controlling you physically.

Sometimes things are done to our bodies that will always limit, hurt, etc us physically but never let that situation have control of your mental health!!! The physical situation should never be granted that much power over us.
My brother had his femur bone completely blown out the back of his leg and had to look at it while rescue cut him from the boat. I remember him calling me while I was OCONUS and him texting me a picture of his bone while he was saying his final goodbye. Long story short..it took him about 3 years before he was able to free his mind (with help from proper medicine) from that new life long physical injury.
Our bodies are meant to be driven by our mind, not our mind driven by our bodies.
IF you ever need someone to just listen....contact me!!

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm still waiting on a mylegram, they put me off till February because of some kind of hospital merger. Sure been a lot of that merger mess going on since 2016......I wonder why?

Talked to a friend that works in the industry. He seems to think they are looking for spinal fluid leak.
I guess my doctor's office didnt think I needed to know much.

On a lighter note I doubled through playing 1-2NL before the tourney started.
I busted out of tourney and waiting for another spot at 1-2 table. I'm having a good day with my headaches. It's there but just a dull pain. I'll play till it gets worse.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
Hi,

Well got up this morning to a nice new equipment catalog to review (My version of Dillon Press) :)

@tnichols You wanna go in halves with me lol?

View attachment 7016598
View attachment 7016599

Sincerely,
Theis
Absolutely ?! I believe I would fancy the 29. I’ll give it more thought, but for now, put us in for the 29 in that paint scheme, and if I change my mind, I’ll let you know. Do they accept VISA?

Reactions: IowaPlinker
I havent been to Des Moines since the late 90’s when I was visiting a college there.
Lived closer to Omaha so usually went there. They had good hockey too, the Lancers. Used to be $5 to get in.

Reactions: tnichols
I don’t have a picture of it but I cannot see the neighbors house, 80 yards away. TNICHOLS showed the temps in our area the last few days. Yesterday was POSITIVE 42*F and all of the moisture has turned eastern Iowa into a fog bank!

*Officially Got All My Crap Outta The Old Place and Over to The New Place*

It's over, and it's just beginning. Been a SumBiotch I'll tell ya that. So got done for the day with my goal and ran over to help a buddy that helped me move. It all works out in the end don't it? Yet another Pole Building going up Native Boy Style. :LOL: You can pick apart whatever ya like, the fact of the matter is "so what", it's getting done. My biggest peeve is doing as much as possible on the ground as you can, then go up, but no, let's do it the hard way again...........:cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got done screwing around with these loons then off to feed the Steaks. The building we're almost done with behind the Cows has not one store bought board in it. Every piece was milled from trees off the property. Fir, Cedar, and Alder. The loft has an extended shooting platform we talked our friend into needing. (y):sneaky:

Then off to my mess for a bit and a quick game of Darts. BULLSEYE !!! LMFAO

Hell yeah. Coming right along! How long were you at your previous place @1J04?

23 yrs Brother. 23 cluttered years. Longest I've ever been in one spot by far. Moved all over the damn place as a kid, then the 10 yrs in the Nav all over the place, then stayed in Tokyo after I got out and worked there for 3 more years, then Manila working for 3 years, then back to the States in 96 till now. Looking forward to enjoying my piece of the Pie for once as a late bloomer.

No pics.
Yestersday I helped my middle brother move. He hadnt packed.......???

Finished the day late, ate some delicious carnitas burritos smothered with some pork green chile washed down with a couple Big Thompson IPAs. Good brew.

Today fixing the ladder for my kids bunk bed. She fell asleep in the truck and I broke it carrying her up it to bed. Not built for an old fat guy.....
Also making some pieces to repair and 100+ yr old oak secretary desk I was given. Very beautiful quarter sawn, great history behind it. Just a little work now and will need to be working on some new front legs at some point. They have been damaged over the years from moving and cobbled together repairs by folks who didnt really know how. I used to completely tear down, rebuild, and refinish antique oak rocking chairs with my dad so have a little knowledge. Its a relaxing activity for me and I think having old well made stuff is worth to work to repair right.

The desk.
81CB8EFE-3882-4316-B83E-80253BAB0553.jpeg84037814-ACF2-4128-B4AA-6694D5B6610E.jpeg

23 yrs Brother. 23 cluttered years. Longest I've ever been in one spot by far. Moved all over the damn place as a kid, then the 10 yrs in the Nav all over the place, then stayed in Tokyo after I got out and worked there for 3 more years, then Manila working for 3 years, then back to the States in 96 till now. Looking forward to enjoying my piece of the Pie for once as a late bloomer.

Congrats Jimmy ! (y)(y)(y)(y)

Nice work Jimmy. Thats a lot of years.

Glad your back eased up. The motrin and beer plan is a good cure-all. Whiskey if its real bad..... ?

Im probably going to knock off the real work and load some .38s this afternoon. Then drink beer and size brass.

Nice work Jimmy. Thats a lot of years.

Glad your back eased up. The motrin and beer plan is a good cure-all. Whiskey if its real bad..... ?

Im probably going to knock off the real work and load some .38s this afternoon. Then drink beer and size brass.

Back never stood a chance. I got gooned up enough to the point I was Superman for about 6 hrs. :ROFLMAO: Tooned as Tooned can be...........:giggle:

Congrats on the move victory @1J04
Always good to get moving done.

Went to a public range today.
A local 22lr/fly shoot.
Missed the league and was there with the "highpoint" bunch.
Should've grabbed some pics, haven't seen that many "zombie" targets in one place before.
They are experts at testing your focus.
Maybe I can see the need for a plate carrier now at the range...

R

Damn, that's a lot of memories in one place. You always have those "nostalgia" areas in a house. Like remembering doing something pivotal in a certain room or outside.

A new place is even more exciting as your senses are going to be receptive. Not going to get all deep - it's just a fun adventure.

Congrats!

Congrats on the move victory @1J04
Always good to get moving done.

Went to a public range today.
A local 22lr/fly shoot.
Missed the league and was there with the "highpoint" bunch.
Should've grabbed some pics, haven't seen that many "zombie" targets in one place before.
They are experts at testing your focus.
Maybe I can see the need for a plate carrier now at the range...

R

Haven't been to a public range willingly since October of 2016. I used to like to help people at those, but it was just an endless stream of BS on topics I had already covered with them. That and it's a tad too "tacticool snipery". People expect the rifle to make them better at everything in the book.

You also have these guys too...

1549230277924.png

Haven't been to a public range willingly since October of 2016. I used to like to help people at those, but it was just an endless stream of BS on topics I had already covered with them. That and it's a tad too "tacticool snipery". People expect the rifle to make them better at everything in the book.

View attachment 7017534

Now THAT'S funny !.......:eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 7017534
Is he the whole team or a just a member?
Maybe SEAL Team 600?

R

View attachment 7017534

How the HELL did you get my picture!?

*Officially Got All My Crap Outta The Old Place and Over to The New Place*

It's over, and it's just beginning. Been a SumBiotch I'll tell ya that. So got done for the day with my goal and ran over to help a buddy that helped me move. It all works out in the end don't it? Yet another Pole Building going up Native Boy Style. :LOL: You can pick apart whatever ya like, the fact of the matter is "so what", it's getting done. My biggest peeve is doing as much as possible on the ground as you can, then go up, but no, let's do it the hard way again...........:cool:
Kudos on the move. Enjoy the new digs! Lot of work, but looks like your having fun!(y)(y)

Got done screwing around with these loons then off to feed the Steaks. The building we're almost done with behind the Cows has not one store bought board in it. Every piece was milled from trees off the property. Fir, Cedar, and Alder. The loft has an extended shooting platform we talked our friend into needing. (y):sneaky:

Then off to my mess for a bit and a quick game of Darts. BULLSEYE !!! LMFAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media;