Why AI?

Refined gentlemen of the ai thread.. I implore you.... You have witnessed it here with you own eyes....

Behold the vast chasum of intelligence that separates the US Marines from the US Army....

View attachment 8468009
Me want shoot. Shoot good. Good shoot. Much bang. Smash. Good smash. Smash good. Good shoot smash bang make sleepy.

I would think it gives you more room but I don’t have a 300 PRC barrel to try it
I have tried the 300prc in both the 338lm and 300nm mags.... You can make it work jacking with the lips but again same issues with the 300wm mag....

There was even issues with the 300nm that's why ai makes a 300nm specific mag now to help with the round feeding geometry but it's just a 338 lm mag with the lips tweaked from ai as far as I can tell.

If you run 300prc in either the 338lm and 300nm mags you will run into the same issue except now you get like 12 rounds in the mag.

I jump something stupid when it comes to my match loads seating depth it's literally like .2 iirm... Still hammers and I can mag feed most of the time lol

I bought my AT because I got tired of savages failing me in matches. I didn't like the AT stock for match's so I talked Phil into making an Ai Inlet for his mpa's. My AI has shot countless matches without ever having a problem that wasn't ammo related. I've since built 2 customs 1 for hunting and an impact for a backup match rifle. I eventually sold the impact because I just didn't like it and it failed me at a match. The match the impact went down in I switched back to my ai and finished the match while I continued to see everyone else's rifle fail. I got back to the hotel rinsed it off in the shower and shot all of day 2 with zero issues while laughing at the rest of my squad who had to stop and clean their guns multiple times each day and still had trouble after trouble with their guns. I've had my AT for 10 or 11 years now, shot more 1 and 2 day matches then I want to think about and it's never once failed me in match

AI's just work. A buddy of mine won or placed top 10 at multiple 2 day matches with his stock AT before he finally retired from the sport

I bought my AT because I got tired of savages failing me in matches. I didn't like the AT stock for match's so I talked Phil into making an Ai Inlet for his mpa's. My AI has shot countless matches without ever having a problem that wasn't ammo related. I've since built 2 customs 1 for hunting and an impact for a backup match rifle. I eventually sold the impact because I just didn't like it and it failed me at a match. The match the impact went down in I switched back to my ai and finished the match while I continued to see everyone else's rifle fail. I got back to the hotel rinsed it off in the shower and shot all of day 2 with zero issues while laughing at the rest of my squad who had to stop and clean their guns multiple times each day and still had trouble after trouble with their guns. I've had my AT for 10 or 11 years now, shot more 1 and 2 day matches then I want to think about and it's never once failed me in match

AI's just work. A buddy of mine won or placed top 10 at multiple 2 day matches with his stock AT before he finally retired from the sport

I remember your AI in an MPA chassis. Really cool rifle.

Which reminds me of the AI in a McM A5 that was presented years ago at a Shot Show. Another interesting rifle.

I will say that one thing that AI does great at is small details like stainless steel components. You can bath an AI in water and it will be just fine. My chassis of choice (JAE) has a bunch of carbon steel fasteners, which doesn't like sustained moisture. And can be a real PITA to deal with.

There's certainly a lot of small details in an AI that sets it apart from other rifles in certain conditions. For an implement of war, there isn't a better choice.

What happened with your impact?

I remember your AI in an MPA chassis. Really cool rifle.

Which reminds me of the AI in a McM A5 that was presented years ago at a Shot Show. Another interesting rifle.

I will say that one thing that AI does great at is small details like stainless steel components. You can bath an AI in water and it will be just fine. My chassis of choice (JAE) has a bunch of carbon steel fasteners, which doesn't like sustained moisture. And can be a real PITA to deal with.

There's certainly a lot of small details in an AI that sets it apart from other rifles in certain conditions. For an implement of war, there isn't a better choice.
Every screw on my AT-X is rusted.

• Sad
Reactions: kthomas
Shoulda kryloned that ho

And spare parts ? Just buy a spare rifle. They were giving atx away when the new gens came out

I have no interest whatsoever in the AT-X or AT-XC as I’m not a PRS shooter.

I’d rather pay for spare parts and keep my AT’s.

I’m still hoping to be able to get a spare breach ring and another OEM trigger for my rifles.

ETA: The AT-X chassis is also made by Win Tactical rather than AI so there’s that.

Reactions: DKN83
What does the AT do that the ATX doesn’t do better ?

Besides not freeze your hands in cold weather ?

It doesn’t come with the garbage Competition trigger that I don’t want as the reliable OEM trigger is fine.

It doesn’t have hidden screws that you have to disassemble the back half of the rifle to check if they’ve come loose.

It doesn’t have all of the KeySlot everywhere that I don’t need.

I can mount a bipod out further and more securely with samb300’s spigot mount.

Basically, the AT-X is a gamer rifle and it’s not something I’m interested in.

There’s a reason the AT and even AW are still being produced and supported for LE/Military contracts.

Last edited:
Is there a chart or a list somewhere regarding what AINA sells that is actually from the UK vs from the U.S.?

-Stan

I’m still pissed off about the AE MKIII Covert that I bought only to find out it had nothing to do with AIUK and used a garbage SAS suppressor. I bought it without doing enough research (my fault) and didn’t realize that AINA came up with their own rifle packages.

Reactions: stanley_white
OEM trigger is fine.
Wrong
doesn’t have hidden screws that you have to disassemble the back half of the rifle to check if there come loose.
Ok one point there

doesn’t have all of the KeySlot everywhere that I don’t need.
Wrong
can mount a bipod out further and more securely with samb300’s spigot mount.
Really ? You think it’s a) farther out and b) more secure

Wrong

here’s a reason the AT and even AW are still being produced and supported for LE/Military contracts.
No seriously org uses them by choice when they have the axsr and at xc available.

Sniper’s Hide: “I value freedom and individual choice. I hate it when people tell me how to be.”

Also Sniper’s Hide: “Your satisfaction with Product X is wrong! You should buy Product Y!”

-Stan
Almost, but not quite.

Your individual choice is whether you want the AE, AT, AX, ATX, AXMC, or AXSR as well as the 3 color options. As long as it says AI and is chambered is one of the 6BR variants you get full points for freedom!

Almost, but not quite.

Your individual choice is whether you want the AE, AT, AX, ATX, AXMC, or AXSR as well as the 3 color options. As long as it says AI and is chambered is one of the 6BR variants you get full points for freedom!
But shouldn’t that get points deducted for using a caliber that is expressed using the metric system?

:)

I mean, 243BR, now THAT sounds like freedom.

-Stan

France GIGN according to the patch.
IMG_0601.jpeg

Sigh.... Posted already earlier... It started the shenanigans of the last 2 pages...tldr version... 0 suppressor is weak sauce,France couldn't fight it's way outta a paper bag, 300prc is tricky to get to feed, and probably the most important thing decided US Army>US Marines.

Did I miss anything @jbell, @TheBigCountry, @M8541Reaper ?

View attachment 8468350
OP still won’t buy an AI

People wanna throw rifles off roofs

Idk what else I’m just sitting in the corner with my crayons drawing dicks on the walls

Can I come shooting yet? I need a break from crap.

Sigh.... Posted already earlier... It started the shenanigans of the last 2 pages...tldr version... 0 suppressor is weak sauce,France couldn't fight it's way outta a paper bag, 300prc is tricky to get to feed, and probably the most important thing decided US Army>US Marines.

Did I miss anything @jbell, @TheBigCountry, @M8541Reaper ?

View attachment 8468350
1722218488524.gif

@Huskydriver
I am an army wife and FRG leader! You will respect my authority!

OP:
Go buy a fuckin AI and enjoy life knowing that you’re a cool kid in the eyes of the internet. Shit or do what I did and just buy an airsoft version and LARP. The internet will never know…

EEACE6F8-E5FA-4D28-99EB-229BA540F75B.jpeg

They're all fine. But, they changed the barrel profile post 2014 from a "lighter" (mind you, it is still quite a heavy contour) 1:12 twist 4R barrel made by Lothar Walther, and switched to a 1:10 twist 5R barrel with an even heavier contour made by Bartlein/Wintac. Mind you, this is for .308.

The newer barrels perform incredibly well and are more agreeable to modern ballistics and modern rounds. You can always get a new barrel, so I suggest getting what you want and what is within your budget, then getting a barrel you want down the road. Else, just buy with the barrel you want in the first place, and send it. Honestly, you can't go wrong and there's no rifle that is "flawed" that needs to be avoided... except the AW50. I won't go near that thing after reading how it was designed.
Tell me some history of the aw50 im genuinely curious now

Besides not freeze your hands in cold weather ?
This northerner likes his fingers!

France GIGN according to the patch.
View attachment 8468346
This dude is not square to his rifle, like, at all. Posture is like Bubba at the range while sighting in his deer rifle.

Edit: another pic of him
1722228439698.jpeg

Maybe because he’s just observing, or maybe just posing for pics, or perhaps that frisky chair made him lose situational awareness lol

Last edited:
IMO, get behind an AI before you buy one. The action and chassis on them seem to be a 'love it or hate it' proposition. It would really suck to buy one only to find out you fall into the 'hate it' category, and you don't have much in the way of options if you don't like the chassis.

Reactions: DKN83
IMO, get behind an AI before you buy one. The action and chassis on them seem to be a 'love it or hate it' proposition. It would really suck to buy one only to find out you fall into the 'hate it' category, and you don't have much in the way of options if you don't like the chassis.

Reactions: Nik H